New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp

New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp

Monday, February 15th, 2010 12:22am CST

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 34,981

Thanks to Seibertron.com member Oliver, we now have official images of the upcoming Takara Transformers Alternity releases: Starscream and Skywarp.

Listed on Amazon.co.jp, we get a good look at both figures in both vehicular and robot modes.

Starscream

Skywarp

Keep your optics locked right here at Seibertron.com, bringing you the best resources and news coverage in the Transformers Universe!

Credit(s): Oliver

Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047248)
Posted by DavidT on February 15th, 2010 @ 12:26am CST
Sweet! May have to add something like racing stripes or I dunno to make them resemble their G1 counterparts =)

Here's some larger pics:

Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047252)
Posted by Diem on February 15th, 2010 @ 12:36am CST
Very very interesting. I'm not sure about the one colour (white or purple) being overwhelmingly predominant in both modes but the mold looks really interesting. The car mode looks real nice, the attempt to get a jet-type robot mode from a car seems to have been fairly succesful (there's gonna be a few complaints over those hip-wings, but really, what do you expect?) I'd love to see the headsculpts more clearly.

I feel bad for seeker completionists though, as they're going to have to either:
* Buy two high-price figures and deal with having an incomplete set.
* Buy two high-price figures and pay for/make a fanpaint of Thundercracker.
* Wait for Thundercracker to inevitably come out, then buy three high-price figures
* Miss out on these potentially cool-looking figures.

Needless to say, I'll be doing my best to pick up one or both of these figures on the day of release.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047253)
Posted by DavidT on February 15th, 2010 @ 12:40am CST
I like Skywarps head sculpt but not so sure about Shredder Starscream :P

Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047255)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 15th, 2010 @ 12:50am CST
Alright, now Starscream really impresses me. It's amazing that a robot mode like that, compresses and folds down into a car like that, and still has display model functionality, with doors and hoods included.

The first Alternity figure mold that has me on the fence. I'm just not sure I can force myself to spend that kinda dough.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047256)
Posted by MandySeven on February 15th, 2010 @ 1:13am CST
Finally, we get to see more!! I really like them. The alt modes are awesome. *clears off a space on shelf*
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047257)
Posted by alldarker on February 15th, 2010 @ 1:36am CST
For me too, the first Alternity models that really are worth contemplating.
Convoy and Megatron were OK, but alt's just didn't fit their characters and the seams were vadly placed and ugly on the alt modes. Bumble and Cliff were just terrible.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047259)
Posted by Diem on February 15th, 2010 @ 1:51am CST
alldarker wrote:I do like Skywarp the best of these two, but as a Thundercracker fan I'm wondering how long I'd have to wait before he gets released.

If Black Convoy and Black Megs were any indication, a couple of months later.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047261)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 15th, 2010 @ 2:08am CST
I think these look very strange. Cool, but strange. They're very different from even the other Alternities. They almost don't look like Transformers. And if it wasn't for the little null rays and the head sculpts, they wouldn't really look like Seekers at all.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047263)
Posted by Nickolai on February 15th, 2010 @ 2:30am CST
These. Are. Amazing. I wasn't impressed by the first three molds in the line, but between SS and SW, the power core combiners and the latest ROTF scouts, the artistry and toy technological advancements in the past couple of years are simply unbelievable.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047264)
Posted by Diem on February 15th, 2010 @ 2:41am CST
I'm genuinely excited for these figures. I liked the first two Alternity molds because they didn't look like the same old G1 characters that I was bored to tears with. But I already know that I hold pretty contrary views to most of the folks on these boards :-( . I also liked the Bumble mold less because I felt Takara were pandering to popular demand by ranking "G1-ness" above "awesomeness of robot mode". These molds seem to be a nice compromise between quality and G1-ness.

There's gonna be someone who complains about them being cars rather than jets though.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047269)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 15th, 2010 @ 3:28am CST
Wow these guys look pretty funky!. I like them. I thought they'd look a little more G1 inspired than they do but I'm actually happy they aren't in this case.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047282)
Posted by Tekka on February 15th, 2010 @ 5:05am CST

The first Skywarp without wings. o.o
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047283)
Posted by Mykltron on February 15th, 2010 @ 5:15am CST
Can't wait to see more pics but I think I'll be buying these. In bot mode they look almost like something from BW.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047286)
Posted by Didicos on February 15th, 2010 @ 5:35am CST
Does anyone know the exact model of their alt mode?Is it a mass-production car or a concept?
They just look great in both modes....
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047287)
Posted by Diem on February 15th, 2010 @ 5:43am CST
Tekka wrote:Skywarp looks... different... I feel there's not nearly enough black, especially on the car... But I like it! I'll definitely put in an order for him!

The first Skywarp without wings. o.o
I agree that there's not enough black, but the panels behind his arms certainly seem to be wings, or at least giving the illusion of wings.

Didicos wrote:Does anyone know the exact model of their alt mode?
It's the Mitsuoka Orochi, not an especially well known car.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047292)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 15th, 2010 @ 6:43am CST
They're definitely different. I'll have to decide on whether I'm keeping my preorder once we get a clear look at their heads. The head design is not screaming (pun intended) Seekers to me. Very cool alt mode though.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047294)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on February 15th, 2010 @ 6:47am CST
Sweet!
It's so odd. A car seeker.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047296)
Posted by freaky777 on February 15th, 2010 @ 6:50am CST
Really nice.. I preorder SS and I like it.. am digging the "shredder" head.
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047298)
Posted by Diem on February 15th, 2010 @ 6:52am CST
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:Sweet!
It's so odd. A car seeker.

Has there ever been a Starscream who wasn't a jet or a spacecraft (aside from HoS)? Oh well, I'm the kind of iconoclast who enjoys traditions being stamped down, so bring on the car seekers!
Re: New Images of Takara's Transformers Alternity: Starscream & Skywarp (1047300)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 15th, 2010 @ 6:56am CST
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:Sweet!
It's so odd. A car seeker.

.. that isn't in Shattered Glass ;) Blurr, Rodimus and Goldbug were the Seekers in that storyline.

Skywarp is so mine, I already have so many of that guy compared to Screamer.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon #5 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Tentakill Tomy Takara Piranacon Seacon #6" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Galvatron Vector Prime + Mini-cons Payload Ascent" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY