New Images of Universe Dinobot

New Images of Universe Dinobot

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 8:22am CST

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 18,071

Yizhi521 of TF08.net has posted some new images of the upcoming Universe Dinobot, a new mold based on the famous Beast Wars character, currently scheduled for release in January 2009.

See the images by clicking here.

{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): Yizhi521, TF08.net

Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844332)
Posted by Nightwalker on December 3rd, 2008 @ 8:25am CST
I dunno....
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844335)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 3rd, 2008 @ 8:29am CST
Yuck.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844336)
Posted by WolfDawg on December 3rd, 2008 @ 8:32am CST
I'm unsure about this guy. I like how he's getting a remold for the universe line...but the toy has way too many panels in dino mode, and it still suffers from the same weird undercarriage junk that the original had.

The robot mode looks really good though. I'll probably get it only because I'm a huge fan of the character.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844345)
Posted by Skowl on December 3rd, 2008 @ 8:51am CST
It's a shame really. That looks to be one solid mold and it looks perfect for Dinobot, my all-time favourite TF character, but the colour scheme just kills it for me.

Would it have killed them to just get close to the show-accurate colours? it's like they didn't even try...
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844347)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 3rd, 2008 @ 9:01am CST
My dog would like that figure... because of all the Kibbles and Bits!

Pass!
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844348)
Posted by TFGnome on December 3rd, 2008 @ 9:03am CST
what? wha, wut wut?
i see a extra set of claws?
in the chest you can see some calw that end up being folded back away from the hands in robotmode?
did the try to put extra kibble in there ?! :MAD:
six sets of claws ? wut wut ? :???:
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844349)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on December 3rd, 2008 @ 9:04am CST
Pass.
I passed on the original and I will pass on this one.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844357)
Posted by It Is Him on December 3rd, 2008 @ 9:14am CST
I genuinely don't understand the choice of colors for this one. It's too bad we already submitted our questions to Hasbro for the month, maybe they can shed some light on the color scheme.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844375)
Posted by Psychout on December 3rd, 2008 @ 10:05am CST
What's with the extra claws in his chest?
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844376)
Posted by Badass Grimlock on December 3rd, 2008 @ 10:09am CST
I really like this figure.

Those things on his legs? they're supposed to fold back on his Bot-Mode legs.

And why is everybody whining to be show-accurate? It's annoying.

I am going to get this figure as soon as it comes out.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844409)
Posted by Solrac333 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 10:56am CST
yeesh.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844414)
Posted by The Chronic on December 3rd, 2008 @ 11:02am CST
Badass Grimlock wrote:I really like this figure.

Those things on his legs? they're supposed to fold back on his Bot-Mode legs.

And why is everybody whining to be show-accurate? It's annoying.

I am going to get this figure as soon as it comes out.

Whats more annoying is people who whine about other people whining

I agree with everone else, the colours could/should be better, purple instead of blue = why?
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844434)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 3rd, 2008 @ 11:57am CST
TFGnome wrote:what? wha, wut wut?
i see a extra set of claws?
did the try to put extra kibble in there ?! :MAD:
six sets of claws ? wut wut ? :???:

Reminds me of Universe Galvatron's extra feet. Maybe this is a new concept Hasbro is introducing: vestigial limbs.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844437)
Posted by Cheetron on December 3rd, 2008 @ 12:10pm CST
I'm thinking he could be what Dinobot would have been had he survived everything. AS long as I don't constantly think of him as the BW one, he's kind of cool.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844441)
Posted by Agent 007 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 12:16pm CST
Psychout wrote:What's with the extra claws in his chest?

he had them in the show. He had claw like rings on his legs and chest
here are a few looks at his "extra claws" and his kick ass final battle.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844442)
Posted by Kryptikore on December 3rd, 2008 @ 12:21pm CST
This proves once again that the Beast Wars toy truly suck and should be left as a memory. Now that I got that out of my system! I really wish Hasbro would stop photoshoping there prototypes. I tell you this Hasbro; if you paint your new figures as good as the pictures I'd Collect them all.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844462)
Posted by Overcracker on December 3rd, 2008 @ 1:07pm CST
Mr.Bond007 wrote:
Psychout wrote:What's with the extra claws in his chest?

he had them in the show. He had claw like rings on his legs and chest
here are a few looks at his "extra claws" and his kick ass final battle.

I think he meant in Raptor Mode. Not the bone like rib design he has in robot mode, but the actual claws under his dino head. between his dinky little arms. There seem to be 2 claws like he had his feet in the old toy.

However in robot mode those claws really aren't used for anything as he has fists now. So he has 2 gratuitous claws in beast mode that only make his chest look really bad.

However I think he's a good update, but for some reason i like the original toy better.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844468)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 1:20pm CST
It kind of looks like one of those knockoff we see at Big Lots

Plus the coloring looks as if he was in a fire
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844470)
Posted by Agent 007 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 1:23pm CST
Overcracker wrote:
Mr.Bond007 wrote:
Psychout wrote:What's with the extra claws in his chest?

he had them in the show. He had claw like rings on his legs and chest
here are a few looks at his "extra claws" and his kick ass final battle.

ahh ok I see what ur talking about maybe they wanted to make him more show accurate because in the show he had claw like hands idk it just looks bad I'll still buy him though.
Re: New Images of Universe Dinobot (844492)
Posted by Talous on December 3rd, 2008 @ 2:10pm CST
He looks intresting. Might pick him up when I see him.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Primes Beachcomber Hot Rod Cyberverse Megatron Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge Target Exclusive Figure" on EBAY