Transformers News: New Images Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream and PBTFM-03: Starscream  Premium Bust

Thursday, June 26th, 2014 10:27AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,176

We have a couple of updates from Prime 1 Studios to share this morning on their Museum Masterpiece line. First we have the full reveal of the their MMTFM-03 Starscream. The piece stands 26 inches and boast a laundry list of special features and accessories (see below). This impressive piece is only for the most dedicated movie franchise fans with a retail price of just over $1700.00

They have also revealed PBTFM-03: Starscream in their Premium Bust Collection. This piece is compatible with the aforementioned MMTFM-03 Starscream, and features an alternate "scream" expression, or it can stand alone.

Check out the images mirrored below:

MMTFM-03 Starscream (Transformers 2007)

- Features list:

Size: 26inch

Accessories include:

- One (1) Switchable Weapon Arm
- One (1) Switchable Pointing Arm
- One (1) Switchable Regular Arm
- One (1) Missile Cluster

- LED light up function on Jet Thrusters and Head

Exclusive version include:

- One (1) Saw-Blade

Japan Exclusive Edition size: 50pc
Worldwide Edtion size: TBA

Retail price: 174,900Yen (JPY)

- Production sample shown, final product may be slightly different.
- Product details could be subjected to change without further notice.

Transformers News: Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images

Prime 1 Studio is proud to present Premium Bust Collection PBTFM-03: Starscream (Scream version) Head compatible with MMTFM-03 which is sold separately.

Please note: PBTFM-03 Starscream (Standard Version) will be available for purchase also please stay tuned.

Credit(s): Prime 1 Studios

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream and PBTFM-03: Starscream Premium Bust (1586047)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 26th, 2014 @ 6:30pm CDT
I'm a real Starscream fanboy with almost every versions of him. I would REALLY want that statue. Unfortunately, I'm not a rich Starscream fanboy. So, the good old ROTF Leader mold will have to do.
Re: New Images Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream and PBTFM-03: Starscream Premium Bust (1586083)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 26th, 2014 @ 9:05pm CDT
I love it, and I like the fact this movie characters are coming from different hands like Prime 1 studios, despite the fact some people said only G1 got the attention. 8)
Re: New Images Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream and PBTFM-03: Starscream Premium Bust (1586106)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
Re: New Images Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream and PBTFM-03: Starscream Premium Bust (1586141)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 27th, 2014 @ 2:25am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Frankly, you could commission a customizer to make something similar out of leader class Starscream at a fraction of the price. And he'll also be fully articulated, and probably still be able to transform as well.

Except no toys is 100% movie accurate. These statues ARE articulated (I think) and are made of some premium material.
What you said is basically "we could spray paint that toy gold to make it feel like a Lucky Draw" or " why not making copies of them MTG cards, they'll play just fine." Sure, your way may give a "similar" result, but it will never be the genuine, perfect thing.

To be honest, even if I'd had the 2000$ to spend on it, I would not buy it. I had my Statue Phase before and when I got my cats, they smashed ALL of them. The only survivor I sold on Ebay and end up losing money because the fawking thing broke on the way. So, that's around 1000$ down the drain. Never again. A statue is not much interactive and it fragile as hell. WAAAAAYYYYYY too fragile. And a 2000$ statue? Noooooope. Only if I would be a millionaire.
Re: New Images Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream and PBTFM-03: Starscream Premium Bust (1586144)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 27th, 2014 @ 2:55am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Good point.

But if you're willing to sacrifice transform-ability, a good customizer can mod and add the necessary parts and give you a 100% screen-accurate figure of Starscream. Leader class toys are generally already close enough to the CGI model that it's possible to add 3D-printed parts to achieve near-perfect accuracy at the cost of the ability to transform.

Repainting something isn't so much customizing as it is simply repainting. :D

And no, I don't think these things are all that articulated--at most, you can move the arms and head. I mean, there's a reason they're called statues.

BTW, your cats "smashed" your statues?! Them kitties must really hate those statues. :shock:
Re: New Images Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream and PBTFM-03: Starscream Premium Bust (1586145)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 27th, 2014 @ 3:06am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Good point.

Repainting something isn't so much customizing as it is simply repainting. :D

Right now, I have 3 cats and they somehow know not to mess with any of my TFs on display... Or maybe they dont because the toys are not fragile enough. :lol:
Re: New Images Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream and PBTFM-03: Starscream Premium Bust (1586148)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 27th, 2014 @ 3:36am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Oh yeah, forgot about how some untransformable customs are just crazy looking. Still, I much, MUCH prefer to transform my TFs, pixel-perfect accuracy be damned.

I agree. There's really nothing quite like a transformable figure. But that's not to say that I don't appreciate TF model kits. I've got both DOTM DMK kits, and while I haven't completed them, they look like they'll make really awesome display pieces. Revoltech Bee makes a really cool desktop fig.

But at least the Revo's and model kits are articulated. Can't really justify the prices of those statues, though.

-Kanrabat- wrote:As for cat behavior.... Siiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhh........ Some cat can throw things on the ground just to grab your attention. You're sleeping on the couch and it's feeding time? CRASH! Wake up sucker! Then, there's the good old cat curiosity. It's a big statue and the cat "stand up" and rest it's heavy, heavy paw on that statue hand... crack! That 400$ statue is now worthless.

My neighbor's cat used to come to my house all the time, and she can be the sweetest little thing you ever saw...until she gets on a shelf. Fortunately, the door to my display room is always closed, and even she couldn't charm her way inside. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "New Transformers Construct Bots IRONHIDE Scout Class E1:01 45 Pieces Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Dead End Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Elite Class Optimus Prime COMPLETE with manual!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD04 High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY