New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron

New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron

Friday, April 22nd, 2011 8:07am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,959

BTS Toys has updated their website with more prototype images of their upcoming BTS-04 Sonicron. This version of Soundwave is based on unused concept art by Guido Guidi. These images reveal a second more G1 inspired head.

Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): BTS Toys

This article was last modified on Friday, April 22nd, 2011 8:15am CDT

Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212425)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:41am CDT
Hmmm. Suffers a bit from MP Megatron leg syndrome. Also I'd prefer the screw holes on the right arm to be on the back of the arm in robot mode. Otherwise, looks pretty good.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212429)
Posted by Kibble on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:48am CDT
Does look better in the second set of pics, but ML Soundwave is still the better figure so there's no real place for this one in my collection. Still only a clearance consideration.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212431)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:52am CDT
he has no knees. the legs are horrible, the head looks stupid, and the guns are too small as is the body. :SICK: but he has no knees!!!!!! i thought they would make a good classics soundwave but nooooooo!!! stick to music label people.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212437)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 22nd, 2011 @ 9:00am CDT
Doubledealer25 wrote: stick to music label people.

I loved the music label series, though they seem to be missing a little detail next to all my Classics/Henkei. I think that one reason may be what has me considering this one. That and the ability to put a cassette in his chest. :APPLAUSE:

I only wish we'd have seen a cassette (and/or USB style) condor/Rumble/Frenzy/Ratbat.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212441)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 22nd, 2011 @ 9:06am CDT
Hmm, looks better in these pics indeed, but it does seem he has fairly poor articulation. ML Soundwave all the way.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212460)
Posted by _Anshin_ on April 22nd, 2011 @ 9:27am CDT
I love the idea, but the sculpt kind of bothers me. It looks great except for the legs and waist. I especially love the speakers on the legs, but I can't put my finger on it on why the legs bother me. The waist is just too small, I am not sure how the body could be tapered into it though.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212463)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 22nd, 2011 @ 9:33am CDT
Proceeds to stand Sonicron on the BACK row beside Titanium Soundwave hiding his lower bits.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212465)
Posted by r3devi7 on April 22nd, 2011 @ 9:35am CDT
I am a huge Soundwave fan, have nearly every incarnation of him to date... This is a huge PASS for me tho. He just doesnt look correct. Face is wretched.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212466)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 22nd, 2011 @ 9:36am CDT
I'm just not feeling this at all. I'm actually fine with WFC Soundwave so far as the character placeholder. Still waiting to see what PE's will look like.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212472)
Posted by Mkall on April 22nd, 2011 @ 9:45am CDT
I like it, but it's redundant unless the colours are different from Soundwave Blue and Soundblaster Black.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212479)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 22nd, 2011 @ 10:01am CDT
I like the Galaxyforce style head better. Looks meaner!
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212480)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 22nd, 2011 @ 10:08am CDT
Yeah, I DO actually like BOTH head sculpts... I just wish they were sharpened up a bit. They look like they're sculpted out of clay, a bit... especially in the crest of the modern one.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212535)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 22nd, 2011 @ 11:55am CDT
The elbows, or lack thereof, are the deal breaker for me. But, I'm not sure I m going to like the PE version either. Glad I bit on the ML version.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212560)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 22nd, 2011 @ 12:27pm CDT
You know, the more I look at it the less I like it. It suffers from the same things that piss me off about G1 Soundwave, it has the same shitty arms, the same leg joints and the same shitty proportions plus the same shitty articulation, just with more detail.

I wish PE would show us their version so that I can decide which to get.
Don'T feel like breaking up my planed WFC display just to have a classics Soundwave.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1212716)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 22nd, 2011 @ 8:21pm CDT
I really feel like I should be more excited about this guy. He looks like Soundwave. It appears there are multiple head possibilities. Alot of G1 goodness throughout, AND he holds G1 tapes. Yet, alas, I think I'm gonna pass. Just not....something. :???:
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1226552)
Posted by soundwave85 on May 21st, 2011 @ 8:43pm CDT
I will be ordering him to be the generation/classic soundwave of my collection.I hope repro labels make a sticker set for him.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1226589)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 21st, 2011 @ 10:26pm CDT
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1227762)
Posted by Motorthing on May 24th, 2011 @ 2:29pm CDT
I've made my decision and........I'm not buying.

Something about it just looks off,and not cool.

Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1227765)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 24th, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:I have him preordered and will be getting him because he's Soundwave. He'll probably be grouped with other Soundwaves.

Exactly. Grouped with his fellow Soundwaves... kinda in the back where his knees and waist don't show... he'll look great! (Putting Titanium Soundwave WAY in the back.)

Kinda like what I did with my G1 cars... Ratchet and Ironhide kinda tuck behind with the 3rd party heads peeking over. You don't wanna see those guys knees either.
Re: New Prototype Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1228009)
Posted by Kibble on May 24th, 2011 @ 11:28pm CDT
Motorthing wrote:Somebody finally do Soundy right.......I'm looking at you iGear.....you don't seem to give a crap about TM's so what are you waiting for?

What's wrong with Music Label Soundwave?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Megatron & Grimlock - NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY