New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples

Wednesday, December 30th, 2015 12:25am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 73,447

The Transformers Collectors' Club tweeted new up close and personal robot mode images of the Subscription Service 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad. The images include a close up of the new head for Bludgeon and shows off the accessories that come with each figure. The images are mirrored for you below.

The Transformers Collectors' Club wrote:Grabuge aka Ruckus from the TFSS 4.0. This Mayhem team member has embraced his role as the left leg! Left legs rule!

Transformers News: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples

The Transformers Collectors' Club wrote:Combiner Wars Windsweeper w/ the Matrix of Malice. This TFSS 4.0 figure ships to TCC members who ordered next year.

The Transformers Collectors' Club wrote:Combiner Wars Needlenose! Looking forward 2 getting this great figure to every TCC member that ordered the TFSS 4.0!

The Transformers Collectors' Club wrote:Combiner Wars Spinister. A TFSS 4.0 exclusive available only through the TCC. These r near final production samples.

The Transformers Collectors' Club wrote:The final Mayhem Attack Squad Combiner Wars figure from TFSS 4.0. Bludgeon, w/ new head sculpt and Tironium Blades!

The Transformers Collectors' Club wrote:Finally tnite, a close up look at the new head sculpt for Combiner Wars Bludgeon! Available ONLY thru the TFSS 4.0!

Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club Twitter

Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751065)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 30th, 2015 @ 12:28am CST
All the painted details are just blowing my mind, shame hasbro doesn't do that any more :roll:
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751068)
Posted by Flashwave on December 30th, 2015 @ 12:49am CST
I am not a huge fwn of the swords they gave Bludgeon. But I am glad they gave him swords. I know some people have lamented his alt mode, and I can sorta sympathize. Its not my ideal Bludgeon figure, for that I go back to the Battle in a Box Megatron deluxe with the spinny tank barrel thing. But it is a cool Bludgeon, and as a fan of Stormbringer and what it did to and for Thunderwing, I can get behind his being a combiner in the same line of thinking as the Unite Warriors Galvatronus/Galvatron. I can see why some more G1 centric Thunderwing fans would feel sleighted though.

The limb bots are all totaly awesome. I aM tiring of the targetmaster molds, but they are there and needed for the role. Far better to have them than to not. Ruckus' vehicle mode looks too busy to me with the shock absorber decals, but its neat colors and I like his bot mode. I have 0 complaints about any of the others and look forward to adding them to Classics/ Generations combiner or no. Where did the Matr8x bauble come fr9m, a d can I get a chain for it?
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751069)
Posted by megatronus on December 30th, 2015 @ 1:08am CST
Flashwave wrote:Where did the Matr8x bauble come fr9m, a d can I get a chain for it?
It looks like the MP10 Matrix... and a chain would be off the chain.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751073)
Posted by Zeedust on December 30th, 2015 @ 2:52am CST
Something I noticed: The character profiles that were put up during the order period said "When combined with the rest of his squad mates, Ruckus often forms the combiner's sword arm as he is the only one that Bludgeon trusts can be controlled flawlessly." and "When in combiner mode, Needlenose is often seen as a leg since Bludgeon knows this limits Needlenose's sensory inputs and helps ensure that his wandering attention does not affect the combiner's lethal efficiency." But after that, they seem to have, for lack of a better term, switched places.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751078)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 30th, 2015 @ 3:45am CST
Windsweeper and Ruckus certainly look a lot more appealing than previous uses of their molds too. It's just that 'Bludgeon' putting me off the whole thing.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751083)
Posted by Windsweeper on December 30th, 2015 @ 7:23am CST
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751089)
Posted by william-james88 on December 30th, 2015 @ 8:18am CST
Windsweeper wrote:I'm definitely going to pick up Ruckus and Bludgeon. I love that they're homaging his inner robot. Now if only someone would repaint Classics Jetfire as Cloudburst and Cybertron Ransack as Iguanus.

Dont you have to buy them all?
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751093)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2015 @ 8:29am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Dont you have to buy them all?
Not unless he buys them on the secondary market.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751100)
Posted by william-james88 on December 30th, 2015 @ 9:09am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Dont you have to buy them all?
Not unless he buys them on the secondary market.

Sounds pricey
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751105)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 30th, 2015 @ 10:25am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Dont you have to buy them all?
Not unless he buys them on the secondary market.

Sounds pricey

BBTS had preorders up for the individual figures that ran between $70-$90 per figure.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751112)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 30th, 2015 @ 12:22pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Dont you have to buy them all?
Not unless he buys them on the secondary market.

Sounds pricey

Which is about what you would have to pay at botcon if you tried to buy the leftovers - which it doesn't sound like will be the case based on making sets based on orders - if you aren't already a member, you pay ~$45 to be able to buy the figures at ~$50-70 each =;
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751128)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 30th, 2015 @ 1:51pm CST
I think they all look pretty good with Bludgeon being my least favorite & Needlenose being my most favorite. I'd like Bludgeon more if his head sculpt sported an actual translucent visor with painted & sculpted eyes behind it. Oh well. I also echo the opinion that he suffers based on the fact that his alt mode isn't a tank but we've known that for a while now.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751130)
Posted by megatronus on December 30th, 2015 @ 1:58pm CST
Bludgeon is also my least favorite, but based on the mold choice, it's hard for me to imagine how he would have turned out better. And the more I think about it, I probably like Bludgeon more than I would have liked a voyager Thunderwing out of Silverbolt.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751157)
Posted by shajaki on December 30th, 2015 @ 6:09pm CST
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751164)
Posted by megatronus on December 30th, 2015 @ 7:00pm CST
shajaki wrote:When it was announced and I saw the renders or preliminary whatevers, I though "huh, neat, someone will like those". But I wasn't really interested. Now though... I don't really know why, but these finished proto's got me seein stars 8-}

Welcome back!!!

Let me guess... you missed the subscription window? 8-}
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751233)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on December 31st, 2015 @ 11:10am CST
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751235)
Posted by megatronus on December 31st, 2015 @ 11:31am CST
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:That headsculpt for Bludgeon doesn't say, Bludgeon. They need to give him something much more different, something, Bludgeonish, if you know what I mean. >:oP

The Club is going for inner-robot Bludgeon, not pretender-shell (or IDW-esque) Bludgeon. So, all things considered, it's actually quite Bludgeon-ish.

Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751241)
Posted by Madeus Prime on December 31st, 2015 @ 12:16pm CST

I concur. As much as it's accurate to the original, I think everybody prefers his samurai head to any other alternative. Needlenose and Impactor are the highlights of this set.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751258)
Posted by shajaki on December 31st, 2015 @ 2:33pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Welcome back!!!

Let me guess... you missed the subscription window? 8-}
Shanks :-D
I've mostly been chillin in the collections threads. As for subscribing, I wasn't too impressed when I bought my Botcon set straight from the source, so I plan to get them aftermarket folks.
Re: New Robot Images of TFSS 4.0 Mayhem Attack Squad Near Final Production Samples (1751261)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 31st, 2015 @ 2:47pm CST
shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Welcome back!!!

Let me guess... you missed the subscription window? 8-}
Shanks :-D

May God be with your wallet...

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY