New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander

New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander

Saturday, October 18th, 2008 11:35am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News, Store News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 30,064

Siebertron.com member Venksta has just informed us of and update done on Fans Project website showing new pictures of the Shadow Commander upgrade set that is meant for the SDCC 2008 Exclusive Nemesis Prime. Included in the pics are retools done to the mold showing improvements made on the figure and the new addition of a pink/red clear saber and its storage.

{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

And thats not even all the pics.

Also, they have updated with an animation of City Commander transforming, done in the style of Galaxy Force/Cybertron.

New Video of City Commander Transformation

Click here to see all the pics of this new upgrade set.

Credit(s): Venksta

Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816042)
Posted by Firebird on October 18th, 2008 @ 11:50am CDT
The video is pretty spiffy.

And that sword is the main reason I'm buying the set.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816060)
Posted by jduckworth27 on October 18th, 2008 @ 12:35pm CDT
that is some cool stuff.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816064)
Posted by Gandalf on October 18th, 2008 @ 12:44pm CDT
I'm also passing on this one because I think Nemesis should have more of a "Prime" look.

However, looking at the headsculpt, a good customizer could easily give him a mouthplate and retool the earpiece things....
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816067)
Posted by Sledge on October 18th, 2008 @ 12:48pm CDT

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If I were going to buy any version of the armour, this would be it. The sword's a nice addition.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816093)
Posted by Archanubis on October 18th, 2008 @ 2:09pm CDT
Saw both the C.C. and the Shadow Armor last night. Video's sweet and the Shadow Armor looks okay. Like another poster said, it would have been nice if they'd given it another head. I just recieved my C.C. armor last night, so I'll be passing on the Shadow, especially since I don't have Classics Nemesis Prime.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816111)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 18th, 2008 @ 2:43pm CDT
The animation was good, with some nice touches, like the swinging of the legs when Magnus rotates, and the Cybertron track. Would've made good stock footage if the FunPub comics continuity were to return to the Classics arc in an animated form.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816118)
Posted by ChronosWar on October 18th, 2008 @ 2:57pm CDT
The hooking deal they've made to hold the sword is cool as heck, I think. I'm wondering exactly what the chest plate update accomplishes. does that point not have moving articulation on the CC set, or have they just improved the peg there? As for the head, well...yeah, it'd be nice to see him with a more Prime-like head, but hey, there's still time. And FP are known for head molds. Maybe they'll surprise us
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816140)
Posted by Prowl1529 on October 18th, 2008 @ 3:26pm CDT
It's a very nice trailer but i don't see the need of it.
I mean Nemesis Prime didn't have a trailer like Ultra Magnus i believe someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816290)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on October 18th, 2008 @ 6:39pm CDT
So...I'm gonna have the option of getting a Shadow Commander kit for my Nemesis Prime figure, huh? Good news. (Only reason I've never posted that it actually came is because my old ISP was turned off around the same time and it's been so long ago now there's no point reviving that thread IMO.)

Prowl1529 wrote:It's a very nice trailer but i don't see the need of it.
It's a very nice trailer but i don't see the need of it.

So far as I know he didn't, and this is why I'd end up passing if that's what I end up deciding to do.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816312)
Posted by onewaydown on October 18th, 2008 @ 7:39pm CDT
Prowl1529 wrote:It's a very nice trailer but i don't see the need of it.

Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816326)
Posted by ultra_magus on October 18th, 2008 @ 8:09pm CDT
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816344)
Posted by Savage on October 18th, 2008 @ 8:54pm CDT
CMP wrote:Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus.

Indeed!

I, too, shall be passing on Shadow Commander. City Commander is enough for me, I can justify that in my mind, I just can't rationalize buying this one as well right now. Looks like Counterpunch's influence is wearing off. Ah, well, in a few months we'll be back at BotCon, and I'm sure he'll talk me into buy something completely awesome. And expensive. :)
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816401)
Posted by Koloth on October 18th, 2008 @ 10:42pm CDT
ultra_magus wrote:I truely, truely wish I didn't have to choose between my marrage and the CC armour :sad:

Pick the armor. Marriage is fleeting, but armor is forever. :D

The only problem I had with the video is it was to long winded. Needs work on the pacing. I think it could easily be sped up by about 20-30 seconds and still get the point across.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816407)
Posted by dragons on October 18th, 2008 @ 10:54pm CDT
now i have a reason to get shadow & magnus trailer but are there any differnces to primes trailer other than the colors?

i also thought we where getting a trailer for master piece magnus
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816475)
Posted by influence82 on October 19th, 2008 @ 1:48am CDT
Big Bad Toys Store lists the differences:
Shadow Commander features a new translucent pink sword accessory as well as a sword clip. The figure will be constructed of high quality ABS plastic, and FansProject has further improved the structure & construction of this figure through the use of additional metal screws, several improved joints, even higher quality plastic, and various other refinements. The figure will also be packaged with an all-new comic-style instruction booklet, and a new box design.

The quality of Shadow Commander will probably be better than City Commander, since Fans Project will have learned to improve from their previous work.
I think it is better that we wait for more information before rushing in to buy it from BBTS. As far I can see BBTS is the only retailer selling these so far.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (816482)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on October 19th, 2008 @ 2:10am CDT
onewaydown wrote:I believe Scourge was the "original" Nemesis prime. Repaint of Laser OP which was a tanker truck. The repaint of Super-Con Optimus Prime was the first that used the name Nemesis, I believe.

I'd forgotten. RID Scourge was a repaint of the G2 "Laser" Optimus/Battle Convoy, with only the electronic gimmick was removed. The tanker trailer and sword were included.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (817126)
Posted by ShadowGinrai on October 19th, 2008 @ 6:09pm CDT
I think the S.C. armor is a good idea. It looks just as awsome as the C.C. and it has a sword (which i don't care about). I mainly like the black paint job over the white one. :grin:
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (817393)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on October 20th, 2008 @ 5:02am CDT
onewaydown wrote:
Prowl1529 wrote:It's a very nice trailer but i don't see the need of it.

Well if you want to really pick things apart, Nemesis prime is just a black prime repaint. If memory serves me correctly Jafcon Convoy was the first black prime. Scourge was just the first to feature teal highlights.

edit: (hmmmm...i now see that Jafcon Convoy and Black Convoy were both released in japan in 2000...which came first?)
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (817429)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 20th, 2008 @ 7:25am CDT
Savage wrote:
CMP wrote:Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus.

Indeed!

To be honest, this isn't the kind of purchase I would push people towards. It's nice, but it's definately a side-show piece.
Re: New Shadow Commander Pics and Video of City Commander (817474)
Posted by Venksta on October 20th, 2008 @ 10:10am CDT
For those waiting for other stores to put up preorders for Shadow Commander, don't bother. This is probably an exclusive deal or something with BBTS, since they said in their newsletter that over 50% of the "worldwide" stock has been sold out, yet they seem to be the only store with it listed so far. :-?

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY