New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05

New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 1:15pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 82,027

iGear has updated their facebook page with some new test shot images of their upcoming PP05 mold. These images should answer the scale question that seems to always arise when these figures are discussed. We see the figure posed with Takara's MP-10 Convoy Version 2.0 in robot and vehicle modes. PP05 can also fit inside MP-10's trailer. Another interesting aspect of the images that is sure to catch the attention of many, a black repaint of iGear's Mini Warrior Rager. A future release, or just a custom version they have hanging around their offices? Images mirrored below.

A rather lengthy video demonstrating the mold has been uploaded to YouTube and can viewed below:

Credit(s): iGear, Daimchoc

This article was last modified on Friday, December 30th, 2011 1:13pm CST

Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328335)
Posted by craggy on December 29th, 2011 @ 1:18pm CST
awww, look! it's mini-motormaster. :KREMZEEK:

I've no idea how tall MP10 is, but the Ratchethide toy is looking better every time I see it. I just want to see coloured versions soon though. That might push me over the edge to purchasing.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328337)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 29th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CST
wow by this scale. i would say hes deluxe height. watch em charge through the roof for it. still looks awesome
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328340)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 29th, 2011 @ 1:25pm CST
wow. These look fantastic. Glad I preordered... and glad to see they're exploring the eHobby variants. Will pick those up as well, if they release them.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328350)
Posted by necr0blivion on December 29th, 2011 @ 2:05pm CST

The hardest part will be deciding whether these figures go in the Masterpiece section, or the Classics section.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328351)
Posted by Solrac333 on December 29th, 2011 @ 2:07pm CST
Damn you TFC! I guess if I can spend about $100 a figure, I could also spend about the same for this. :sad:
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328352)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 29th, 2011 @ 2:08pm CST
On that note, I'd love to see the new masterpiece prime next to the igear version... but I digress.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328357)
Posted by El Duque on December 29th, 2011 @ 2:13pm CST
necr0blivion wrote:Only a few more days until I get my e-mail confirmation that PP-05s have shipped. These are pretty neat pictures, but I haven't picked up the new OP (MP-10) yet.

Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328360)
Posted by necr0blivion on December 29th, 2011 @ 2:19pm CST
El Duque wrote:Unless you know something I don't the release date for these has been pushed back to February.

Damn Grinch, you stole my (after)Christmas!

I had no idea they pushed the release dates back, and was wondering why we are seeing the black prototype version instead of final versions this close to the original release date. Just checked iGear's site to confirm Feb release. :oops:
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328362)
Posted by El Duque on December 29th, 2011 @ 2:30pm CST
necr0blivion wrote:

Damn Grinch, you stole my (after)Christmas!

My bad :KREMZEEK:

Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328379)
Posted by necr0blivion on December 29th, 2011 @ 3:17pm CST
El Duque wrote:Have they updated their official dates? I got that info from someone "in the know". Wasn't sure if they had made it official.

Yeah, the site is updated today to reflect 2/15/12 release for both figures. I'm pretty sure I checked their site a few days ago and it was still 12/31/11.

At least Rager/Spray have already shipped, Traitor is still listed as 12/31/11.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328381)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 29th, 2011 @ 3:22pm CST
Oh sh*t I'm definitely gonna wait on getting Huffer and just wait for that bad ass looking repaint Road Ranger...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328415)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on December 29th, 2011 @ 5:52pm CST
Looking good. Can't wait to see the colored version.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328416)
Posted by Naked Magnus on December 29th, 2011 @ 5:57pm CST
Crap, I may have to get these. Hercules is making me broke and I am trying to wean myself off of buying expensive transformers.

Does anyone know of a support group in the greater Denver area that can help me with my withdrawal symptoms?
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328420)
Posted by Dre Merc on December 29th, 2011 @ 6:31pm CST
I've been keeping my eye on this figure for months. I'm glad the date was pushed because this has been an expensive month for me. Still waiting for some action pose pics. :-?
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328460)
Posted by Stormrider on December 29th, 2011 @ 9:34pm CST
He is a little smaller than I had hope. 1 inch more...
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328469)
Posted by dedcat on December 29th, 2011 @ 10:16pm CST
$100+ per fig has rapidly becoming an unwelcome trend in my collection. I have, however, adopted Philip Fry's attitude of "Shut up and take my money!"
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328549)
Posted by DMSL on December 30th, 2011 @ 3:48am CST
Can't wait to get these to put into my Classics display.

These will be Voyager class figures with a shitload of accessories.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328565)
Posted by Ravage XK on December 30th, 2011 @ 5:14am CST
I like the look of these.

From watching the video I am worried by the leg and back panels that are mounted on long stalks, I can see them snapping.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328662)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:25am CST
The Specialists are such great looking figures. I'd definately say they'd look better in a Masterpiece collection as opposed to a Classics one. I remember an early photo with PP-05W stood next to Classics Optimus and he was the same height, if not a little taller. But that's just me. If I ever get round to doing a Masterpiece collection these would definately be in it.

Not a fan of the black Rager. Would've preferred a Pipes remold, but I'd be surprised if that doesn't turn up at some point so it's cool.
Re: New Test Shot Images and Video of iGear's PP05 (1328695)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:14pm CST
Yeah, I think both Hasbro/Takara and 3rd parties are starting to plan better. Molding alternate heads and accessories into the gang-molding. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Pipes crop up. Here's hoping.

Can't get enough minibots.... especially in the same size class. It's driving me crazy having some in each size.... Legends Brawn all the way up to jumbo Powerglide and Seaspray. Mind you, I like those... just would prefer having a full set in a smaller size class TOO.

Can you image Hasbro delivering a full set in either Basic or Deluxe size? I'd have a heart attack at the shock. I'm really sad collectors have to turn to 3rd parties for something that seems like it would be logical to develop.

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chase the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides G1 Transformers Optimus Prime 1:32 Diecast Car NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 1:24 Transformers 1971 Volkswagen Beetle Bumblebee w/ Charlie Figure 30114" on EBAY