New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide.

New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide.

Friday, October 9th, 2009 11:44am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 31,494

The three newest Universe Ultra class releases, Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide are all Wal-Mart Exclusives, and their addition to the world renowned galleries of Seibertron.com may ease your decision on obtaining them. Skyfall pays homage to Generation 2 Skyjack, and is a repaint of Universe Silverbolt. Hardhead is a big, mean, green, Decepticon-killing machine, a homage to a G1 Autobot of the same name and is a repaint of Universe Onslaught. The last, yet far from least is Powerglide, a red rendition of the original Universe Powerglide, which is more accurate to the G1 cartoon, and similar to the release in Japan. Take a look at all three in the links below.

Skyfall:
New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide.

Hardhead:
New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide.

Powerglide:
New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide.

If you're interested in obtaining these figures, their release was a couple weeks ago, and you can check the sightings page or the nearest Wal-Mart for Skyfall, Hardhead, and Powerglide.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more galleries and updates!

New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide.

This article was last modified on Friday, October 9th, 2009 11:49am CDT

Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008017)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 9th, 2009 @ 12:00pm CDT
Gorgeous galleries as always. This satisfies the urge to open Hardhead, for now.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008031)
Posted by Nekoman on October 9th, 2009 @ 12:47pm CDT
Man, Powerglide does look cheap. I'm happy with the white one for now.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008039)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 9th, 2009 @ 1:03pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:Man, Powerglide does look cheap. I'm happy with the white one for now.

For real.

People got mad for me pointing it out.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008040)
Posted by Starscream6 on October 9th, 2009 @ 1:14pm CDT

he is :( . the red looks good and he displays well but the plastic does suck and for some reason on mine his waist doesnt wana stay together.

its ok.....hardheads quality makes up for it :grin:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008042)
Posted by Seibertron on October 9th, 2009 @ 1:15pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

For real.

People got mad for me pointing it out.

I'm not sure why you guys think that. It's actually the most faithful version of the mold to pay homage to the original Powerglide figure. The grayish tan color is just a shade off from the original toy, they even painted his face shield that color instead of using the silver. The gun is painted, the head has the gun antennae thing painted, it's a good looking toy and a great alternative for those who don't have or can't afford the Henkei version. I also like that the arms are colored "properly" to match the G1 toy.

I've got to stick up for this figure ... I love it. I think it's a great mold, boobs and all.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008056)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 9th, 2009 @ 1:56pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

For real.

People got mad for me pointing it out.

I like the mold just fine.

Classics is an interesting line. On one hand, it has to improve or alter the old G1 designs, but on the other, it has to slavishly recreate them. The Universe Powerglid's red color is closer to the G1 toy than the Henkei, thi is true.

but side by side? I think the Henkei version is superior in its richer colors, application of detail, painted face, red Autobot symbol, etc.

Where adhearance to the details of the past puts a figure in my hands with an inferior deco, I will choose the (in what I believe to be) objectively better looking toy.

It's not a favoritism toward the Japanese product either. The situation is completely reversed in terms of both Classics Mirage and Grimlock, where I feel the US versions are just...better.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008059)
Posted by Kryptikore on October 9th, 2009 @ 2:05pm CDT
The new powerglide only proves that you can't please everyone. I think the only down side to Powerglide is the lack of fine detail. Everything else is great. Hardhead and Skyfall look spot on! (without having there own revised individual mold)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008073)
Posted by mick1122 on October 9th, 2009 @ 3:22pm CDT
I gotta' go with CP here. Yeah the new one looks like the original, but the Henkei version looks better. The details get washed out in all the vastness of red on the US version. Now I have to say though that Storm Cloud just looks bad ass in this mold. Kind of reminds me of Universe Razorclaw. I'm a sucker for black and purple.

Hardhead looks great. I have Onslaught, but I might have to get this as well.

Not withstanding the black and purple color comment, I cannot stand the Silverbolt mold. At least it will save me some money.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008143)
Posted by grmlock13 on October 9th, 2009 @ 8:16pm CDT
sorry. but to all the people hating on the wal-mart powerglide, speaking as someone who owns it, it is far more faithful to the original, and i really don't care that the henkai has a little(yes just a little) more detail, the color on the new powerglide is much more faithful to the original powerglide, and all the extra detail in the world can't save the henkai version from the ugly orange plastic, the blue looks so much better,as does the gray arms vs. the red arms. i personally think that this new one looks better, i have him sitting across from me right now, got to say he's pretty awesome. i say if you want a true homage to g1 powerglide this is the one to get.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008170)
Posted by Rated X on October 10th, 2009 @ 12:39am CDT
As I said in another blog, the Hasbro version is more G1 accurate. The G1 version has grey arms and a red chest. Thank you Wal-Mart for bringin this guy home !!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008204)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 10th, 2009 @ 4:21am CDT

I second that. Side by side with the Henkei version, and the white version, the Hasbro red looks awful. I'm all for being faithful to the original, but only if it doesn't cheapen the overall effect-especially at the 30 dollar price point.

Taking a 24 dollar figure, giving it an inferior paint job, and adding 6 dollars to the price doesn't make a lot of sense to me, exclusive or not.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008210)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 10th, 2009 @ 4:44am CDT
I really really want to like Powerglide. I mean he's actually red this time but he looks totally half-assed. If that's what you get for 30 bucks, I'd rather spend 20 more and just order the Henkei version. That must be the new red, Hasbro Universe Red. Universe Ironhide red, Universe, Starscream red, 20th Anniversary MP Optimus Prime red...At least no more all spark blue.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008212)
Posted by Seibertron on October 10th, 2009 @ 4:47am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:

That's the price of Ultra Class figures now since the prices went up on all Transformers toys by a few dollars each.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008215)
Posted by Convotron on October 10th, 2009 @ 5:04am CDT
Excellent addition to the vast library of galleries!

I'm so-so on the U Powerglide design. I think the colour schemes for all the different paints are fine, the white one being odd but a nice look at how the mold would look in a non-red dominated colour scheme.

Skyfall's colours, in my opinion, really make the U Silverbolt mold look sleeker. Black, red, and gold is a winning combination.

Hardhead is cool, I do wish there was a bit more variation in the colour placement on the figure to take advantage of the details. I love the shield. Two things would make the figure solid gold: A mod to replace the twin puny guns/cannons on the back with a single large cannon and G1 Hardhead's rifles because the forearm gun is just not enough.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008237)
Posted by Nekoman on October 10th, 2009 @ 7:00am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:

Then how come Target can sell a Voyager for $19.99?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008244)
Posted by Rated X on October 10th, 2009 @ 7:25am CDT

All respect due to everyone here, but to me red is red...here is a list of figures with a similar shade of red that nobody complained about:

Classics Sideswipe
Movie 1 Swindle
Movie 1 Cliffjumper
Scout Dead End
Movie 2 Swerve

But the minute Hasbro actually listens to the fans and dubs a Henkei figure, everybody gets upset and finds something to criticize that never was a topic of discussion with other figures. Be happy for your fellow collectors who now have the chance to own a red powerglide. Much respect to all...
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008258)
Posted by Seibertron on October 10th, 2009 @ 8:42am CDT
Nekoman wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:

Then how come Target can sell a Voyager for $19.99?

because they're on sale at that link, or rollback prices in the case of walmart. why would you put an exclusive to your store on sale the first week it comes out? retail prices went up on all transformers figures earlier this year which we reported about in the news and which hasbro acknowledged and discussed at botcon and i think a few other occassions.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008260)
Posted by Seibertron on October 10th, 2009 @ 8:49am CDT
Rated X wrote:All this drama over a slight variation of the color red ??? Like if we were picking the color of a new car or home paint...

Classics Sideswipe
Movie 1 Swindle
Movie 1 Cliffjumper
Scout Dead End
Movie 2 Swerve

i agree except for the fact that people did bitch about the color red used on several of those figures (swerve in particular, ans swindle as well).

i think hasbro did a great job on this figure and i think it's awesome they did something different than the henkei version. i agree that i think some people in this thread are being unfair to hasbro's version in this thread. this is a great alternative to those who wanted a red Powerglide. And for thosewondering, Powerglide has a fully painted face, just like the other 2 versions. It's also pretty damn faithful to the original.

I feel like this thread is pretty showing about how spoiled Transformers fans are.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008263)
Posted by Nekoman on October 10th, 2009 @ 9:18am CDT

There's three versions of this toy out there now, and one for everyone really. I for one am pleased with the first one, but for those who aren't, there's the USA edition and now this one.

I think that sounded fair enough. ;;)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Skyfall, Hardhead and Powerglide. (1008265)
Posted by Seibertron on October 10th, 2009 @ 9:24am CDT
Nekoman wrote:Okay, I'll just put it this way: The new Powerglide is mostly accurate to the original, and good for the folks who don't want either the USA edition or original white one for whatever reasons. I admit this. However, I feel the figure could be criticized as the red color plastic used is not as vivid as what is seen on the USA edition version (which could also be criticized for not being as accurate). As such, it comes down to a matter of preference between accuracy and the general aesthetic.

I think that sounded fair enough. ;;)

That sounds very fair and a great summary regarding Powerglide. There's one for everyone indeed.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Whirl 100% Complete with accessories" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Optimus Prime- Bumblebee & Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mixable Mashable Optimus Prime Transformers - COMPLETE NO BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee complete AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Bumblebee Complete Mixable Mashable Heroes Transformers" on EBAY