New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave?

New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave?

Tuesday, June 12th, 2007 4:37pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Game News, Interviews
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 67,070

Gamespot has just posted a lenghty interview with Daniel Suarez, executive producer of Activision, creators of the Transformers Movie Videogame

The video interview shows tons of new game footage (in-game and cutscenes) and gives us a good look at some new apsects of the game we have not seen yet, including clips of Optimus Prime fighting a giant Shockwave and a quick glimpse of Bonecrusher and Starscream causing general mayhem (Note: Bonecrusher was not originally among the list of playable characters for the game, could this hint to him being an unlockable character?)

Check out the interview here!

Credit(s): Gamespot

Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161137)
Posted by HybridHero on June 12th, 2007 @ 4:44pm CDT
Maybe it's PSP footage? The pictures seem a bit lower quality than we've seen, and the PSP does have 20 playable characters as opposed to the consoles 9. Here's hoping (I have mine on pre-order).
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161142)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 12th, 2007 @ 4:47pm CDT
"Storyline revolves around humans in the movie [...]."
Ah, geez.

The physics and collision detection look pretty weak. Scorponok's 'burrowing in the ground' is laughable; it takes more than just dust clouds to hide the fact that he's just clipping through the floor. And what, do all the characters use that same 'sweeping attack' animation? And taking out an entire building with just a minigun? WTF?

Granted, I am looking forward to this game. And Jazz's transformation is badass!
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161147)
Posted by Mxprime on June 12th, 2007 @ 4:51pm CDT
That seems more like PS2 footage to me, but damn I hope He's in all versions. I feel like I'm looking at his age of steel look.....

EDIT: actually it does seem like 360, I was just looking at the pics ^^; I've just watched the footage, and I must say SHOCKWAVE PWNS EVEN MORE NOW, I wonder who else will show up.....
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161168)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on June 12th, 2007 @ 5:03pm CDT
Me want....me want!!!!!!!!!

....Metroplex tranquility mall.......that's great.......
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161189)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 12th, 2007 @ 5:19pm CDT
ShockWave was the only reason I checked this out.

ShockWave is awesome!
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161191)
Posted by mattyc1007 on June 12th, 2007 @ 5:19pm CDT
please be ps2 mine is pn pre order too
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161199)
Posted by Kimmer on June 12th, 2007 @ 5:25pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161219)
Posted by Robinson on June 12th, 2007 @ 5:38pm CDT
kimmer wrote:this game has looked unimpressive since the beginning. very bland looking graphics and man, the bots look horrible. so clunky and awkward looking lumbering around.

My day is complete. I got to read a comment from kimmer bitching about something else.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161229)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on June 12th, 2007 @ 5:40pm CDT

I know! Real life giant robots move so much more gracefully.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161239)
Posted by Robinson on June 12th, 2007 @ 5:46pm CDT
I hope those are psp graphics because I'll finally feel like my psp is good again with this game.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161242)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on June 12th, 2007 @ 5:49pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161268)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 12th, 2007 @ 6:04pm CDT
Graphics are a tad lower quality than the top level ps2 games, but I feel that has something to do with the vast amount of poly's in each shot, the transformers themselves would be polygon intensive, once you add in destructible environments, and multitudes of baddies, the quality level has to dip somewhere.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161270)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on June 12th, 2007 @ 6:05pm CDT
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:If Shockwave is on all the consoles, then I am very happy. He is one of my favorite characters throughout the series. God knows he'll not transform into his Cybertronian mode though, he'd be faced w/the same problem as Megatron: no one to hold him. Oh well. This still intrigues me..................

Why do you think they're so evil? They never have anyone to hold them. That's all they really want. Just to be held.
*Ahem*
...Sorry.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161272)
Posted by Fang Wolf on June 12th, 2007 @ 6:06pm CDT
Shockwave looks like a Sonic Bomber or a tank. ._.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161287)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 12th, 2007 @ 6:13pm CDT

He could just turn into a massive cannon and float like he did in the comics. He didn't need anyone to help him! Man was he badass...

I'm going to go read some more of those comics, now that I think of! :P
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161305)
Posted by primalVICTORY on June 12th, 2007 @ 6:25pm CDT
looks pretty fuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161361)
Posted by Ballistic90 on June 12th, 2007 @ 7:01pm CDT
They confirmed that there will be a number of unlockable G1 skins and alternate forms, including Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Shockwave (who's been modified into a triple changer supposedly but is unconfirmed). That will be in all versions, and personally, if you don't think the game looks good, then you're just trying to play up the "I have better standards than you" crap. Get over yourself. This will probably be the best Transformers game that we'll ever get and if you can't accept it or TRY to like it, then you should just give up.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161434)
Posted by Blozor on June 12th, 2007 @ 7:46pm CDT
That Shockwave is badass. That's the first movie design I truly liked. They need to put him in the second movie, just like that. Moreover they need to make a toy of him like that. That would make a nice updated addition to my Classics collection.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161486)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 12th, 2007 @ 8:37pm CDT
Ballistic90 wrote:\This will probably be the best Transformers game that we'll ever get [...].

All that we've gotten so far hasn't been that great (except for maybe that Armada one, but I never tried it).

The game looks cool, don't get me wrong, but I just don't want it to turn out like those other dime-a-dozen 'go-blow-stuff-up' console games.
Re: New Transformers Game Interview on Gamespot, Tons of New Footage and Shockwave? (161521)
Posted by KingEmperor on June 12th, 2007 @ 8:59pm CDT
... Holy crap... Shockwave... He's huge...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager size Blaster (+Steeljaw) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Head Robots Transformers Hot Head Duro-5 Military assault Driver parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers studio series Hot Rod, Jazz, Blurr #86" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Fall of Cybertron DELUXE Autobot Air Raid Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE Lot of  Clear Blue Panels #K101531" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 4 YELLOW CAUTION BRICKS" on EBAY