New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images

New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images

Monday, August 3rd, 2009 6:48am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 38,795

Seibertron.com member Real Devastator has found an e-bay auction for the Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Ultra Class Skyfall.

Skyfall is a Universe style repaint of the Transformers Universe: Classics Series Silverbolt in G2 Skyjack colors. This toy was revealed at June's Botcon by HASBRO in their display booth.

This auction also gives us our first look at the robot mode of the toy.
Click the image to see the auction with all it's images.

New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images

This figure will be available under the Transformers ROTF banner as a store exclusive.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, eBay

This article was last modified on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 5:23pm CDT

Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (966942)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:01am CDT
you know this mold is on its way to becoming the next seeker type model..

and that isn't half bad!! I'm now going to have to get all the versions of this mold so I can have a consistent character list 8)
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (966943)
Posted by Windsweeper on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:07am CDT
I like the mold but ther's something about this colour scheme that doesn't sit right with me.

On the subject of G2 Skyjack, I always thought Cybertron Sideways would make a good War Within Skyjack.

How many colour schemes have this mold come in now?

I know Silverbolt and Darkwing but did I see it as Brainstorm or was that a custom?
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (966951)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:29am CDT
It's nice. It really is.

But...why?
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (966952)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:35am CDT
i like it! but its the paint not the mold. i might get it.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (966958)
Posted by dr_n00b on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:53am CDT
3rd repaint of a lousy mold. why bother?
you know, i only have universe silverbolt because it was on clearance on hasbrotoyshop for 10 bucks before the holidays last year, and i also had a coupon for 25% off. i ended up paying 7.50 for an ultra class.

you know what?
i over payed.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (966991)
Posted by justynnbailey on August 3rd, 2009 @ 9:52am CDT
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (966996)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:01am CDT
justynnbailey wrote:You know , I actually like the Silverbolt mold...even if it is basically the robot tucked under the jst. And I could always use another Decepticon...is this an exclusive and does anyone know when it comes out?

November from what I recall.

I like the mold as well. The Japanese USA edition of Silverbolt is really, really nice. Darkwing from Universe was a piece of quality work as well. When people complain about the undercarriage of the jet, I pretty much dismiss their opinion on the matter out of hand. That kind of complaint just proves that you can't please everyone.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967000)
Posted by Rated X on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:08am CDT
They say 3rd times a charm...They finally got the paint right !!!
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967002)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:10am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

November from what I recall.

How many Plane TFs actually have a perfect looking Jetmode without robot parts hanging down?
Cybertron Jetfire I can think off and that's it.
Complaining about bot parts on a plane TF in alt-mode is like complaining about seeing robot parts on the underside of a car Tf in car mode when you flip it.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967006)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:15am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

November from what I recall.

Cybertron Jetfire I can think off and that's it.

Cybertron Thundercracker is another. ;)

I'm a sucker for homages, and this fits the bill. Poor Silverbolt tho, outnumbered...
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967022)
Posted by rpetras on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:38am CDT
I'm also a fan of this Silverbolt mold.

I didn't dig the last repaint, but this one is a must for me.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967024)
Posted by Marcdachamp on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:39am CDT
The Jet mode looks like Jetfire. If they'd remolded the head a bit and changed a few colors in robot mode, they could have passed it as a voyager version.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967034)
Posted by justynnbailey on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:52am CDT
I reckon one of the reason I like the Silverbolt mold is because it's so simple to transform...I've had more trouble transforming Scout Class molds than this Ultra classed one....cant wait for this to come out!
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967038)
Posted by Overcracker on August 3rd, 2009 @ 11:01am CDT
Passed on Silverbolt and Dreadwind paint schemes on this mold, but man this scheme just screams "Get Me".

I'm not a fan of the mold, but the black and red make it look cool.

As to the robot under the plane dilemma, I don't mind some parts under the plane.

I love the Superior Combiner limbs and they have fists just sitting under them. I like the Armada seekers even if they have legs as their undercarriage. Heck I have no problem with classics Jetfire's arms and legs there.

But when you can cleanly separate the robot from the plane and both of them are still fully functional, that's when I don't like it.

I like to see alt mode parts incorporated into robot mode.

With that said, I think I will pick it up though.

Oh and Armada Thrust also does it right. well except for the part where the robot has no hands but still, there's no robot kibble under the plane its all integrated
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967039)
Posted by Starfield on August 3rd, 2009 @ 11:03am CDT
It is not just that there are some robot parts hanging off the bottom of the plane, it is that the entire robot mode is hanging off the bottom of the plane, and the entire plane is on the robot mode's backpack. There is a little bit of pretend airplane features on his shoulders even. There isn't much sense of plane turning into robot. But, having said all that, it does look nice. I just wish it were smaller. It could easily be scout class and I would love it. As it is, it is way to big for its level of complexity.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967042)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on August 3rd, 2009 @ 11:05am CDT
I'll pass. The character reference does not interest me and I have the other two versions of this mold anyway.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967183)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 3rd, 2009 @ 2:47pm CDT
So how many times do they plan to repaint this mold? I like the colors and the mold but im gonna have to pass. Dont have the money to buy repaints any more.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967226)
Posted by Blurrz on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:37pm CDT
Well when I saw this in the Botcon coverage, wasn't all too impressed. However, seeing as both Silverbolt and Darkwind are no longer avaliable anymore, and since Black looks way better than Grey and Purple with teal, I'll probably be stuck with getting Skyfall.
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967247)
Posted by --B-- on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:54pm CDT
I love the silverbolt and Darkwing versions, but this one is a pass. It's a nice figure and a nice homage, but I already have the mold twice. Unless it's on a heavy clearance, then all bets are off!
Re: New Transformers ROTF Universe Classics style Skyfall Images (967297)
Posted by Swiftpaw on August 3rd, 2009 @ 5:19pm CDT
Hasbro can call the figure whatever they want to be able to trademark the name. I'm getting him to be Universe Skyjack! Glad I passed on Dreadwind since I didn't have a Darkwing (stupid conventions), I like these colors better anyways. And Cyberjets were one of my favorite things from G2, it's nice to see one get a upgrade/homage, even if it is a redeco.

So. This for Skyjack. An orange and red repaint of Jetfire/Treadbolt for Hooligan. But what would you use for Space Case? Maybe Cybertron Sideways, for the forward wings and being the smaller, dimwitted one?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Action Figures - Powerglide - Leadfoot - Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBEATRON WFC-05 SCRAPFACE from Japan" on EBAY