New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images

New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 9:38am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,328

X-Transbots have released four new images of their upcoming X-3 The Tyrant of Darkness. They report the figure's height as 23cm or approximately 9 inches, with a January or February release date. Images from their facebook page mirrored below.

Credit(s): X-Transbots

Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1309855)
Posted by Requiem Prime on November 8th, 2011 @ 9:47am CST
very nice, but I have yet to see a preorder for any of Xtransbots
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1309859)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 8th, 2011 @ 9:52am CST
You can order these through KOToys.com. Preorders are up, including some color variants. (black, white, etc.)
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1309866)
Posted by Immortalis09 on November 8th, 2011 @ 10:08am CST
Looikng forward to seeing how this pans out. For the right price it's a must have. Why do you third party's have to keep bringing out stuff I want? Oh and for the people complaining about the size, nine inches is taller than classics voyager megs including the height of his wings. This figure should be in scale with city commander. That's a big selling point for me. Keep up the good work Xtransbots.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1309867)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 8th, 2011 @ 10:09am CST
Possibly crappy, possibly amazing.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1309874)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 8th, 2011 @ 10:30am CST
I'm interested but the level of detail has to increase about 50x in order for him to take over my Classics shelf.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1309907)
Posted by DMSL on November 8th, 2011 @ 11:16am CST
I'll wait to see pics of the final product. Size must be close to voyager Prime, Galvatron should not be as big as City Commander.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1309928)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 8th, 2011 @ 12:02pm CST
Agreed... he'd have to be the right size and considerably more detail... but still, I'll definitely consider him. We certainly don't have a good Classics Galvatron in the right scale.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310085)
Posted by Kaiesis on November 8th, 2011 @ 3:45pm CST
Am I the only person that thinks the Galvatron looks like crap?
Really look at it...Proportions are all wrong (cannon size, upper body to legs) and the elbow joints are toothpicks.

If you're going to make a custom figure of someone badass, then make it right or go home.

Sorry, but this isn't the Galvatron I always wanted.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310111)
Posted by Mkall on November 8th, 2011 @ 4:24pm CST
Kaiesis wrote:Am I the only person that thinks the Galvatron looks like crap?

Nope, count me a member of the Crap Club
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310121)
Posted by zodconvoy on November 8th, 2011 @ 4:53pm CST
This looks promising but with Galvatron, color is make it or break it. And at 9" tall Protector is shorter and maybe City Commander too but I'm not sure. Side by side comparisons are a must, even if KOToys uses their KO's of them.

I'd drop $50 maybe $60 for one. Much more than that and I'll just wait for someone else to KO it at half the price for ironies sake! :lol: :KREMZEEK:
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310127)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 8th, 2011 @ 5:08pm CST
I think it shows promise. Once they get the sculpt finalized and the details added, it could look really good. But that cannon definitely needs to be a lot less bulbous.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310134)
Posted by Kibble on November 8th, 2011 @ 5:21pm CST
Isn't 9" pretty much MP size? That's cool...even if it ends up looking right (which is leaning toward doubtful) I'll just wait for the Takara MP Galvatron. If it never happens, oh well...the MP line is kinda losing its luster anyhow.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310154)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 8th, 2011 @ 6:12pm CST
The problem with MP height are those joints. Like ... a line with two ball joints. At deluxe size it's all right and at voyager size it'd be passable, but at 9"? Did they make it deluxe size and just jumbo size the sucker because that's what I'm kinda seeing.

I love me some Galvatron, I really do. And I'm feeling the mold. I'm just not diggin' the size.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310155)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 8th, 2011 @ 6:12pm CST
Looking like an easy pass to me.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310172)
Posted by victoryconvoy on November 8th, 2011 @ 6:55pm CST
if there going to stick with masterpiece size i'll pass >:oP
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310417)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 9th, 2011 @ 2:21pm CST
9 inches isn't really MP size, more like really big voyager size.
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310425)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on November 9th, 2011 @ 3:00pm CST
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310447)
Posted by victoryconvoy on November 9th, 2011 @ 3:57pm CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Took out my tape measure, 9" comes to just about the top of Fans Project Bruticus' chest. The size has me a little wary but I am interested. I'd really like the final product to look like IDW's Galvatron as seen in part 2 of the Space Opera ark from Ongoing depicting Rodimus' return. There is a frame where they do some scouting and see Galvatron with his Sweeps, galvatron in a very menacing hero pose. I want THAT Galvatron. It's obvious that this is still in the crude mock up stages so I'm definitely going to wait and see with this project.

i think tfw2005 said something about some third party coming out with one like
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1310907)
Posted by Kibble on November 10th, 2011 @ 1:23pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:9 inches isn't really MP size, more like really big voyager size.

How tall is MP Rodimus? Mine is still boxed up after a recent move, but I believe it's between 9" and 10". And going off memory, I believe Classics voyagers tend to be about 7". Seems to put it closer to MP size...or maybe they're trying to put it in between and make it compatible with either line. In the end, it might not make it go with either real well...
Re: New X-Transbots Tyrant Protoype Images (1311250)
Posted by dinogeist on November 11th, 2011 @ 4:41am CST
Kibble wrote:

Kibble you are correct.

I have all the new mold Takara & Hasbro MP TF toys on various display shelves. I always take out a tape measure & measure them in robot modes from head to toe.

MP-01 Convoy,measures in from head to toe at 11 & 3/4 inches tall. MP Megatron is around 13 inches tall in robot mode from head to toe.
MP Grimlock is around 8.5 inches tall from head to toe in robot mode.
MP-09 Starscream is 8 inches tall in robot mode. MP-09 Rodimus prime in robot mode is 9.5 inches tall from head to toe. MP-10 Convoy is 9 & 1/4 inches tall in robot mode from head to toe.

As far as regular transformers goes from the years 2002 thru 2011 in sizes & inches,I always measure them also. Deluxes are around 5 inches to 6 inches tall in robot modes from head to toe. voyagers are around 5 & 3/4 inches to 6 & 3/4 inches from head to toe. $27 usa ultra's vary in height from 6 & 1/4 inches to 7 & 3/4 inches tall from head to toe.
leader sized TF toys vary in height from 8 inches (animated had leader sized megatron at 8 inches tall & leader sized bulkhead shorter than 8 inches tall) to 10.5 inches tall in robot modes from head to toe.

it appears the MP-01 convoy & mp megatron toy sizes were way too big. the new size level for MP TF new molds is around 8 inches to 9.5 inches tall in robot mode from head to toe. this new 8 to 9.5 mp toy size puts these toys at the regular TF toy line leader sized toy level.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Astrotrain Shockwave Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Pretenders Bludgeon incomplete lot Please Read Description" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY