Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron

Monday, May 24th, 2010 4:14AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 40,763

Destiny... you cannot... destroy... my... DESTINY!

Takara's Welcome to 2010 Campaign website has been updated with it's second campaign product - Unicron. We've got a plethora of official images, showing off Unicron's new head, paint job and everything in between. There's also a surprise, as Unicron will include none other than that notorious sphere shaped Micron, an orange and gold variation of Armada Dead-End called Bug. Unicron's a Japan Toy Hobby Market exclusive with a late September release at the price of 10,500 Yen. Check out the planet eater in all of his Generation One homaged glory below!

You can check out the product page of Unicron here. Various site sponsors have had their pre-orders for 2010 Unicron sold out, your last chance is to get it at site sponsor RobotKingdom!

The best place for the Transformers fanbase - Seibertron.com - Updating you with the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Takara

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1077993)
Posted by Blurrz on May 24th, 2010 @ 4:16am CDT
...and he actually comes with a Mini-con. Well this changes everything.
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1077994)
Posted by Diem on May 24th, 2010 @ 4:18am CDT
It's weird that the Minicon's still called Bug.
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1077995)
Posted by Burn on May 24th, 2010 @ 4:30am CDT
Told my workmate today, I don't care if she posts him back, it's her job to find him for me while she's over there in September!
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1077997)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 24th, 2010 @ 4:44am CDT

I really want this thing, it's strange that the only clear plastic seems to be the eyes and the dreaded hand while the rest of the clear parts are now made in what seems to be non clear plastic or they have been painted from both sides.

Also this seems to have the best variation of the Dead-End Mini-con.
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078002)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 24th, 2010 @ 5:13am CDT
My interest in this thing seriously dropped with these pics. The planet mode lacks the proper mouth, and isn't properly painted - the orange around the mouth- and the whole orange "equator" is missing. I don't care about the other gimmicks, and keeping the translucent hand just to make pink light shine from it was a bad move.
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078004)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 24th, 2010 @ 5:17am CDT
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078029)
Posted by HighPrime on May 24th, 2010 @ 6:40am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Betcha 2,000$ in Energon that Peaugh will snatch this and make a review of it. :lol:

At least it's confirmed that one of those disgusting black or orange wrapped, peanut butter-flavored halloween candies...I mean mini-con... is included ;-)

Also,
Digital-Toys still has him http://www.digital-toys.com/transformers.html,and they are a site sponsor. Let's get them in the credits for people to see :-) I, personally, have ordered from them many times without a hitch and they are based in the USA for us local buyers.
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078039)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 24th, 2010 @ 7:03am CDT
Orange Dead-End is so cute!
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078047)
Posted by dragons on May 24th, 2010 @ 7:26am CDT
:BANG_HEAD: :lol: while i was still debating to get this guy or not i had to preorder from tfsource :lol: planet shells are not transparent good to know to bad ring dont light as shown in the movie that would suck if it did 8-}
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078078)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2010 @ 9:27am CDT
Gimme that Unicron!
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078083)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 24th, 2010 @ 9:37am CDT
Well, it could work as a proper Classics or Universe (either version) Unicron, along with all the Cybertron G1 retools. The orange is a bit too rich, but it could just be the images. The Mini-Con I'll just add to "Dead End" variants, which would make it what, no. 5 not counting the Lucky Draw?

- Armada
- Energon
- Micron Booster ("Drone")
- Micron Booster Chase ("General")
- 2010 G1 Color
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078091)
Posted by DTR69 on May 24th, 2010 @ 10:06am CDT
There seems to be a mix of pics in different stages, one pic shows unicron with flat grey on his head sculpt, and the other shows metalic silver grey with what looks to be rivets. Armada Unicron looks more like unicron in planet mode, the grey is to dark and that orange is to rich, I actualy prefer the grey planet ring/wings of armada unicron. The orange stripe down his chest still bugs me. Is it worth having 2 fr both modes I wondering, an Armada Unicron for planet mode and G1 for bot mode should be good for display. That mouth really should be able to open, it looks like it should and would be a nice touch. Someone has to make an add on kit to change that chest please. And whats the deal with sales, if pre ordrs are sold out, will they just ramp up production to cater for us all, or are we gonna be left out?
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078096)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 24th, 2010 @ 10:23am CDT
Damn, that Dead End makes me want that unicron even more.

But I just can't justify it when I already have two. Hell, I can't even display the other one, so this fallah would be totally out of luck at my place.
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078100)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on May 24th, 2010 @ 10:33am CDT
I'm a big G1 fan, but in my opinion I think Armada Unicron looks more badass compared to this release.
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078101)
Posted by Jenus on May 24th, 2010 @ 10:42am CDT
HighPrime wrote:Looks a little more 'orangy' since the last set of photos. Either contrast is way up or way down. Guess we won't know until someone gets a hold of production.

Also,

Well that's nice to hear one place still has him available in the US, but I think I want to wait for a response from Alpha Prime Toys and Edbombertoys to see if either of them plan on putting a pre-order up for this guy. Though I'm kind of starting to think I should order now or I'll lose my chance. What to do, what to do? :BANG_HEAD:

Oh and this guy looks beautiful, hopefully I'll be able to get him. =P~
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078105)
Posted by HighPrime on May 24th, 2010 @ 10:50am CDT
Jenus wrote:

Also,

Oh and this guy looks beautiful, hopefully I'll be able to get him. =P~

BBTS just jacked up the price $5.00 ($139.99). Still sold-out, but this probably means they will get more stock. So much for them 'decreasing the price' as they had previously mentioned via text on the listing (which is also gone.) ;)
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078122)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 24th, 2010 @ 12:06pm CDT
Dangit. Robotkingdom's price is ALMOST worth it. In planet mode, this thing's superiority is very apparent. Honestly the only thing wrong with the Armada one is all that transparent plastic. Ah well, I gotta draw the line somewhere, right? Besides, I can see the Armada ones becoming even more available now that many people are getting this.
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078184)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on May 24th, 2010 @ 2:35pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Honestly the only thing wrong with the Armada one is all that transparent plastic.

Exactly!
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078195)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 24th, 2010 @ 3:11pm CDT
Diem wrote:It's weird that the Minicon's still called Bug.

I hope that doesn't bug you too much. Ba dum bum ching!

This is looking snazzier and snazzier to me. I'd say I feel bad for CP and the other Minicon collectors out there who'll have to shell out the cash just for the little guy, but the few people I know who do that are getting it for it anyway >_>

UNICRON... now with Super Delicious Halloween Planet-Eating Action!
Re: Official Images of Takara 2010 Generation One Unicron (1078203)
Posted by Amelie on May 24th, 2010 @ 3:51pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Those pics are taken from at least two different figures, since the painted on facial hair keeps appearing and disappearing.

That's how you know he's based on the G1 - his head changes with the camera angle. :D
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked