Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator

Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 1:39am CST

Categories: Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 22,613

Seibertron.com has just received official images of the upcoming Transformers Animated figures Samurai Prowl and Waspinator, courtesy of Hunter PR. These high resolution images show better detail of the new sidecar that will be featured with Samurai Prowl, but apparently it will not come with the stop light and ninja star accessories the first release sported.

{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): Hunter PR

Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844227)
Posted by ponycorn on December 3rd, 2008 @ 1:45am CST
Prowl's mouth looks funny.

Waspinator looks great, better than his Beastwars counterpart, best Waspinator ever.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844233)
Posted by Barrelass on December 3rd, 2008 @ 2:16am CST
I'll get Prowl, but he is staying in bike mode, cause that armor/sidecar/gear/whatever it is looks all kind of a mess.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844235)
Posted by harvester on December 3rd, 2008 @ 2:20am CST
First Gen wrote:... but apparently it will not come with the stop light and ninja star accessories the first release sported.

It looks like it will have the ninja stars. Take a closer look at the front wheel, you can see the blades and the hubcap is a different color.

So this makes me assume that this is the same Prowl mold but with an extra accessory for his armor, almost like Classics BumbleBee with his waverider turning into whatever it is that it turns into [jetpack?]. I didn't like that one as much but I like the idea of things transforming into robot accessories and this one seems pretty awesome.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844241)
Posted by Stormrider on December 3rd, 2008 @ 2:52am CST
Please tell me the helmet gets hidden in the alt mode.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844243)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 3rd, 2008 @ 2:56am CST
Stormrider wrote:Please tell me the helmet gets hidden in the alt mode.

Looks to me like it goes down inside the front of the sidecar. Also, it looks as it the helmet doesn't even fit on the robot head
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844252)
Posted by ultra_magus on December 3rd, 2008 @ 3:32am CST
I REALLY want that Prowl, but something tells me to wait and see... :-?
and I couldn't care less about Waspinator. Never was a Beastwars fan (I'm too damn old for that mid-nineties crud)and he just doesn't look a good enough figure to merit purchasing :P
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844254)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 3:47am CST

I'll bet this armor would fit on the original just fine, but seeing as they couldn't sell just the accessory kit, they had to repack him like this.

If... this armor will fit on the original, this one's getting tossed. I have no need for two of the same figure. I was expecting him to be completely different from what we're seeing here.

I thought the side car was permanently affixed and was part of the actual transformation to robot, not just snap on pieces.

I was hoping for a whole new redesign to incorporate all of this.

I'm still going to buy it because I want the armor, plus BBTS is the place I preordered with and I hate to cut them out of a dealing, but I'm none too pleased with the main robot itself.

Can't win 'em all.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844256)
Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper on December 3rd, 2008 @ 4:00am CST
Looks like Hasbro has just gotten another $50 (Australian) outta me... =P~
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844260)
Posted by Sledge on December 3rd, 2008 @ 4:07am CST
Autobot032 wrote:I realize that this Prowl has been remolded slightly, but he really is no different than the original, for the most part.

Little harsh, don't you think? From past experience (Elite Guard Bumblebee?), they could have just done the repaint and stuck that out as something new. Instead, they've made some changes AND put in a decent new accessory. Isn't that that the sort of thing we're always saying repaints should be about?
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844271)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 4:29am CST
Sledge wrote:

Harsh it may be, but that's how I feel.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844276)
Posted by Sledge on December 3rd, 2008 @ 4:33am CST
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844283)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 4:58am CST
Sledge wrote:I think you kinda brought that on yourself, to be honest. The idea that Hasbro were going to completely redo the figure instead of repainting was a little... optimistic?

With Hasbro, you never know. We ended up getting Oil Slick (still no idea why he was even made, but he's finally selling out. It's a miracle.) So it's not impossible to think that Hasbro could've made something new for Prowl.

But, let's go with the figure as is for a moment. A slight remold, lacking a few paint apps, and an accessory kit just ain't their best. We've seen what Hasbro is capable of, this just feels a little flat to me.

Like I said, I'll buy it for the sidecar, but beyond that I'm displeased with a stripped Prowl.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844305)
Posted by SJ21 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 6:28am CST
I am glad I did not purchase Prowl when he first came out. I like the new look. You get basically the same fgure, plus the added firepower. Good work Hasbro.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844317)
Posted by rpetras on December 3rd, 2008 @ 7:37am CST
I also have to give Hasbro props for this one.

9 times out of 10 they just slap a repaint together and expect people to buy it. Patrol Bumblebee? Banana Yellow Ratchet? Roadbuster Magnus?

This time some effort was put in to come up with a cool new addition to the character that is also show related.

And, the basic version of Prowl is at least a little different from the original mold. I prefer the windshield on the original to this allspark blue version. So I don't feel totally ripped for having gotten Stoplight Prowl.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844321)
Posted by caitlindevi on December 3rd, 2008 @ 7:49am CST
Hooray for Hasbro and their 'Meh, that'll do' slapdash photography squad!
Ignoring all feedback that thier products are misrepresented this troop of miscreants, with a devil may care attitude, laugh in the face of doing a proper job when a product is 'just for kids'

They'd best start taking note or they'll be turfed out on thier arses and will have to scrabble round for work and end up doing photoshoots of kebabs and burgers for dodgy late night takeaways.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844322)
Posted by futronimus on December 3rd, 2008 @ 7:56am CST
Pass and pass.
Prowl has a hard enough time standing without all that extra junk on his shoulders.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844355)
Posted by TFGnome on December 3rd, 2008 @ 9:12am CST
Animated Waspinator will stand infront of my
BW Waspinators box and mock him :lol:
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844416)
Posted by Mr-Valkeyreion on December 3rd, 2008 @ 11:04am CST
Prowl's mouth looks funny.

You mean the gold bit?

Thats not his mouth, it's Prowls horns that he has when not wearing the armour, you know like on regular TFA Deluxe Prowl
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844479)
Posted by Solrac333 on December 3rd, 2008 @ 1:43pm CST
ponycorn wrote:

I agree and I don't even like Beast Wars. He looks better this way.
Re: Official Images of TF Animated Samurai Prowl and Waspinator (844506)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 3rd, 2008 @ 2:26pm CST
Whats with the stupid grin? Other then that it looks great as does waspinator.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blaster Rewind Buzzsaw Lot Complete TR Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime BATTLE SUIT Complete Cyberverse Legion" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE - Loose & Complete - Transformers Prime Cyberverse  - Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Nightwatch Optimus Prime TRANSFORMERS PRIME Cyberverse Commander Class figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Recycling Truck Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW-IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BLITZWING & Decepticon Hazard MISB Voyager 2017 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans return Astrotrain Darkmoon" on EBAY