Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14

Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14

Monday, October 15th, 2012 11:53pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,820

Fresh from Amazon Japan we have official images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Generations figures TG-03 through TG-14. As you can see in the images mirrored below, all feature metallic paint jobs. Check them out below.

Credit(s): Amazon Japan

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430807)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:04am CDT
Loving both Bruticus and Kickback's colors.

Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430814)
Posted by phase on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:18am CDT

Kickback, Bruticus, and Magnus are pretty, but after pre-ordering Fort Max I can't afford them. Besides, Hasbro's UM is fine by my standards, because as soon as I got FOC Prime my opinion flipped and now I realize it's actually a decent mold, and I'm getting G2 Bruticus. Also, I think Sideswipe's a little mis-transformed, but that mold's not the easiest to do right.

(EDIT) Actually, the moment I have the money, Kickback's mine. I was looking at TFwiki, and while Hasbro's is game-accurate, this is G1-accurate. And this has beast-mode eyes.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430817)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:27am CDT
Air Raid is also the ood one out of the group as he's lacking the major metallic paintjob the others have. He just has copper on his weapons and chest. And the primary color is a matte black. What?! I'm definitely going after Bruticus and Kickback. Maybe Sideswipe and Magnus. But Hasbro's Air Raid is looking better than Takara's.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430818)
Posted by President-prime on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:30am CDT
Wow! Metallic bruticus looks awesome! I want him. That's prob better than sdcc's version I have. Will consider. Might as well. I have sdcc, preordered g2 and retail version. Gonna get this too
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430819)
Posted by xyl360 on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:31am CDT
Mine mine, all mine :D!

Thank you Takara for the metallic paint. Bruticus looks better than my SDCC version.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430822)
Posted by President-prime on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:34am CDT
Gotta say...all the heads sculpt (drunk talking) looks nice...hehe, I thought it was head scope (damn) had too much to drink.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430823)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:36am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Wish Air Raid was called Fireflight. Why Hasbro? Why did you have to change his name?
This so much! Air Raid was one of my favorite Autobot characters in WFC. Why did Hasbro have to do this and give him a toy based on another Bot? #-o
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430835)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on October 16th, 2012 @ 1:00am CDT
just re preordered takara Bruticus. he will be the last non micron takara item i get til Fort Max
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430843)
Posted by MGrotusque on October 16th, 2012 @ 1:39am CDT
Lovin Kickback. Sideswipes head sculpt is really well done and i'm actually somewhat impressed with that Magnus.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430847)
Posted by RhA on October 16th, 2012 @ 1:47am CDT
Schnazzy, however... I'll take Hasbro.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430848)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on October 16th, 2012 @ 1:49am CDT
Starscream and Kickback are all I can afford, after pre-ordering MP Soundwave and Sideswipe, as well as a truckload of HT figs. Gotta save my pennies for the MP Cassetticons too. ;)

Bruticus: better colors, although Vortex still has too much red. The individual figs have too many issues (Onslaught's horrible shoulder articulation) for me to buy the set even if I had the spare cash.

Voyager FOC Soundwave is tempting, but it would be a little redundant, seeing as I already own the WFC deluxe fig. I'll have to think on this one.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430859)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 16th, 2012 @ 3:05am CDT
Anyone else think that the mold for Magnus was designed with him in mind and then Prime was shoe horned into it? Works so much better as Magnus than Prime I think.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430879)
Posted by Mykltron on October 16th, 2012 @ 6:03am CDT
I've said this before but this mold:
was meant for UM, not OP.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430917)
Posted by RiddlerJ on October 16th, 2012 @ 9:20am CDT
I wish they would put Laserbeak and Buzzsaw in their own two pack. I need Classic versions of them but I don't want to get another Soundwave when I already have the deluxe WFC version
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430928)
Posted by Diem on October 16th, 2012 @ 10:17am CDT
phase wrote:As pretty as both of them are, neither version Air Raid looks like G1 Air Raid to me. Hasbro's release still makes me think Fireflight, and now this is more Skydive-ish.

Black and red are Air Raid's colours. To be Skydive it would have to be black and grey. This version looks sufficiently Air Rad-y to me.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430930)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 16th, 2012 @ 10:24am CDT
Diem wrote:

Which really makes me sad to see that it isn't Fireflight. :-(
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430932)
Posted by Diem on October 16th, 2012 @ 10:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Diem wrote:

Which really makes me sad to see that it isn't Fireflight. :-(

Well the Hasbro version can "be" Fireflight. To be honest these are Aerialbots made from Shockwave repaints so colour inconsistencies are not the worst of their accuracy problems.

Also that giant weapon that comes with Sideswipe makes me feel even more of a mug for buying Jazz.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430955)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on October 16th, 2012 @ 11:50am CDT
Damn you Takara. Now I want all the FOC redecos!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430957)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 16th, 2012 @ 11:51am CDT
Shiny Bruticus is niiice. However, at the cost of Takara figures, I might as well have bought the SDCC version. So I'm stuck with the Skittle-colored Hasbro retail version.

Same goes for most of these, probably, though Starscream is mighty tempting.
Re: Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-03 through TG-14 (1430961)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 16th, 2012 @ 12:09pm CDT
Starscream, Kickback and the Combaticons look really good. Probably skipping the rest.
:BOT:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY