Sunday, November 12th, 2017 10:57pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,260

Fellow Seibertronian shajaki has pointed us towards a new official video from the Takara Tomy YouTube channel, featuring the latest addition to the Transformers Masterpiece line: MP-41 Dinobot! Covering pretty much all of the images we've seen in the previous post from Amazon Japan - which you can check out again here - we get to see clips from the Beast Wars cartoon that inspire the figure's transformations passages, poses, and accessories such as the spinning tail shield, the sword, the swappable faces and Gold Disk, plus the laser eyes, the figure stand and some comparison shots with previous Beast Wars Masterpiece figures MP-34 Cheetor and MP-32 Optimus Primal (Beast Convoy).

Additionally, via the Takara Tomy website, a feature on the figure lets us know that the raptor mode does indeed have changeable eyes, the robot mode's eyes can be lit up green or red, and we get a better look at the back of the figure and the 'ladder magic' (we need a new name..) that hides the beast mode panels in robot mode.

Check them all out below, as we also get further confirmation that yes, the figure will cost 28000 Yen (approx 250 USD) and is due for release in July 2018!

Transformers News: Official Promotional Video for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921312)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:17am CST
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review ... 4713&page=

21340Y. Cheaper by 8000Y from retail. No Issue whether the sales tax is not included whatnot.........still cheaper! CHEAPER!
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921313)
Posted by wilcosu35 on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:29am CST
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921316)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 13th, 2017 @ 1:04am CST
Credit where credit's due, figuring out how to make Dinobot transform must have been an absolute nightmare! From the looks of it he turns inside out with all the paneling.
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921322)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 13th, 2017 @ 3:36am CST

If Takara falls, we don't get our plastic ABS PVC crack anymore 8-}
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921329)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 13th, 2017 @ 6:23am CST
As much as I want this figure, and I do very much, that price is simply far beyond what I'm willing to pay. 150 would have been far more reasonable.

July is a long way from now though, maybe something will change in that time. Either the price or my willingness to pay it.
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921342)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 13th, 2017 @ 8:20am CST
Anyone else agree we need more sizzle videos like this one? Yeah, totally makes me want to purchase the figure. BUT! I won't. No attachment to the character or Beast Wars really at all. AND, even at the cheapest through AmiAmi at around $188 USD, nope. $150 is my limit on figures now a days. And even then it's gotta be something I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want.

I can't wait to hear from everyone that does pick this guy up how awesome he is! He looks incredible!!
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921352)
Posted by Big Grim on November 13th, 2017 @ 10:01am CST
Holy cow! That robot mode is gorgeous! Love the laser eyes!
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921357)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 13th, 2017 @ 10:44am CST
This looks far better than I would have imagined!! Holy Sheet!!!

I am still really on the fence about the price though. That is just... I could somewhat justify MP-36 because he is the big con leader himself, but even though I do love Dinobot and need him for my Beast Wars guys, he is still more expensive than I really want to pay.

Argh, decisions.
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921367)
Posted by BluePhirePB on November 13th, 2017 @ 11:13am CST
I really like Beast Wars. I bought the MP Optimus Primal and Cheetor and this looks amazing but DAT PRICE THO ...
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921381)
Posted by shajaki on November 13th, 2017 @ 11:52am CST
fenrir72 wrote:Please support Takara by purchasing this item at PO release prices and not wait for them to go on sale! :PRAY: Takara's financial situation is quite bleak with them always in the red... make MP Dinobot worth their effort and give them a financial blowout by making him a successful MP release unlike poor old Tracks!

If Takara falls, we don't get our plastic ABS PVC crack anymore 8-}
I'm incredibly faithful to HasTak, but come on. Everyone's beef with this pricepoint is completely legitimate and justified. He shouldn't cost any more than Ironhide or Ratchet. And while I personally liked MP Tracks, peoples beefs with it were also legitimate.

But even though he's priced high, I bet there's enough people like me out there to support it. And let's not fool ourselves, Dinobot is probably the most beloved TF character outside of G1, and easily in the top 10 of all time. Mark my words, he will sell out.
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921384)
Posted by shajaki on November 13th, 2017 @ 11:56am CST

Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921386)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 13th, 2017 @ 11:58am CST
shajaki wrote:

If Takara falls, we don't get our plastic ABS PVC crack anymore 8-}

Alright, I've been thinking a lot about this, and now that I've had some time to scope out some pics, I think that, like MP 36, this price-point might be a bit more fair than we're willing to admit.

First of all, have you seen this guy? He's made up almost entirely of panels - that are also pinned together, that's a huge parts-count, a lot of molds, and a ton of time on the assembly line, that's a lot of man hours spent designing and qc-ing him, then there's the electronics and his size, not to mention his complex paint job - which looks gorgeous. I mean, he's so complex, his beast mode feet swap places with his bot mode hands and conceal themselves in his biceps, and he still has this much articulation for gods sake! His torso might be weirdly deep, but this is truly a master-craft of engineering.
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921387)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 13th, 2017 @ 11:59am CST
My pitchfork is still cooling off from Megatron......... >:oP

:-D
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921389)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:00pm CST
shajaki wrote:Again.... still impressed, but I'm surprised people aren't grabbing their torches and pitch forks over his backpack...

Yeah, unfortunately there's only so much kibble you can stuff into his body to mimic his onscreen appearance
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921393)
Posted by Evil Eye on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:05pm CST
Oh boy. That dino mode is like MP-36's back as an entire velociraptor. Now to be fair on Takara, Dinobot's onscreen transformation is literally impossible, and engineering it must have been a nightmare. I am also impressed at how accurate it is and how articulated both modes are, but...I dunno. At that price I just can't justify it. Plus, whilst I realize this is utter heresy, I've never been a fan of the organic/"furry" BW Maximal designs, even though I love the characters and adore the show. Like, I love the Predacons and I adore the Transmetal designs on both sides, but I just don't like the "realistic" DOHOHOHOHO beast modes that much to justify buying MPs of them. Espeically not £200+ MPs.

Hot, poisonous and deadly spider-waifu must be mine.
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921396)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:10pm CST
Black Hat wrote:THAT SAID, if they do an MP of Blackarachnia I will buy the everloving slag out of it. For one, she's my favourite character (which in a show with as stellar a cast as BW is damn impressive), for another I've met Venus Terzo, who is absolutely lovely, and finally I actually really like her design, as silly as it was (those claws though, homina homina). Plus, being a massive spider as opposed to a real-world vehicle, she can fit in with basically any display and not stick out scale wise. Burgeoning MP collection? Sure, she's from the same continuity anyway so why not. Mismatched disparate CHUG collection? Yep, I see no problem, even (especially) if she's gigantic, a massive spider that dwarfs tanks would be awesome. Legends? Well, maybe that's pushing it a bit, unless whoever she takes an interest in has a thing for giantesses.

Hot, poisonous and deadly spider-waifu must be mine.

Plus, she'd be relatively simple to engineer, I just hope they stay away from tackling any of the impossible ones (terrorsaur, waspinator) for now and focus on the do-able ones. There's already a great template for rhinox and rattrap, Meg's would be super easy, and scoponk could just be an update of the original toy with better proportions - easy...
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921397)
Posted by wilcosu35 on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:11pm CST
I actually ordered 2 this morning, 1 for a friend and 1 for myself. From HLJ so payment's not due until he comes out.
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921398)
Posted by shajaki on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:14pm CST
Another back shot.

Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921400)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:16pm CST
shajaki wrote:Another back shot.

Jeez, even the shield is made up of a ton of moving parts, so it's still fully poseable in beast mode, talk about over-the-top
Re: Official Promotional Video and More Information for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot (1921401)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CST
shajaki wrote:Another back shot.

All the backshots actually look pretty good! He looks good from several angles

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY