Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video

Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video

Wednesday, May 21st, 2014 4:35am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 39,740

Thanks to fellow Seibertron.com member and podcaster jON3.0, we get a look at the new official Takara Tomy Transformers Lost Age and Movie Advanced commercial/demo video. The clip seems to take place in three parts, showing off the core of wave 1 of the Age of Extinction line first, featuring Grimlock, Scorn, Slug, Optimus Prime, Crosshairs and Bumblebee, the rest of the wave from the movie line second, and the previous Transformers trilogy repaints last - check out the embedded clip below!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy YouTube

Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1575970)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 21st, 2014 @ 7:04am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:So if the enigmatic copter is indeed Drift, that might explain why the Great Product List Leak of '13 (or was it this year?) claims he's getting a Voyager figure later on.

Does anyone have a link to this thread?

I originally doubted all the listings when i first saw that thread... But damn, it has been spot on. Would really love to go see what figures the poster listed that we have yet to hear off...
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1575971)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2014 @ 7:18am CDT
Very interesting and very cool video. Lots of new info in it, like the Dinobots being "mysterious lieforms".
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1575973)
Posted by Va'al on May 21st, 2014 @ 7:20am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:

Does anyone have a link to this thread?

TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER ADRIAN/GALVATRON A7947
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER AUTOBOT DRIFT A8118
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER DUKE/HOUND A7946
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER IVAN/GRIMLOCK A6515
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME A6514
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER SLOG A8117

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ate/28707/
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1575981)
Posted by Rated X on May 21st, 2014 @ 8:03am CDT
Love the Japanese commercials. They are actually cool. Unlike the american commercials which feature creepy kids who look old enough to be into girls.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576002)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 21st, 2014 @ 9:16am CDT
Va'al wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:

Does anyone have a link to this thread?

TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER ADRIAN/GALVATRON A7947
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER AUTOBOT DRIFT A8118
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER DUKE/HOUND A7946
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER IVAN/GRIMLOCK A6515
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME A6514
TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER SLOG A8117

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ate/28707/

There was another one last year i believe. someone did a name dump of every figure, no indication of size.

Probably was using a throwaway account as an anonymous tip off
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576003)
Posted by STngAR on May 21st, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
jON3.0 wrote:

That was a very cool commercial. Even though I understood only the few English words here and there. Is that a normal length commercial or just a promo video of some sort. If that's a normal length commercial the only word that comes to mind is tevo.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576004)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2014 @ 9:21am CDT
STngAR wrote:
jON3.0 wrote:

:MAXIMAL:
I think that was actually four commercials compiled into one video.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576079)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on May 21st, 2014 @ 2:21pm CDT

But why no Deluxe Ratchet in his first-two-movies deco? Would've thought that'd be obvious! XD Along with Soundwave in a better, more accurate metallic grey...! :P

Oh well, they appear to have just started, so hopeful for any future waves! ^^

AM
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576081)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 21st, 2014 @ 2:25pm CDT
Swiftknife24 wrote:Cool; I'd be interested in getting that Deluxe Jolt (Looks like a movie-accurate redeco of the DOTM-line more accurate mold! ^^) and probably Devastator too...

Oh well, they appear to have just started, so hopeful for any future waves! ^^

AM

I think that's all we'll be getting with Legacy Figures (4 for each movie). After AD18 and AD19, we're getting AoE figures again, including Leader Grimlock, Lockdown, Galvatron and Hound.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576427)
Posted by Va'al on May 22nd, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT
Courtesy of the Transformers Addicts Facebook group, its user Peter Kamoske and fellow Seibertron.com member Autobot Genocide, we get some nice in-hand images of the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced AD-11 Dispensor, the long time Dew repaint of 2007 Payload! Check them out mirrored below.

Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576429)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 22nd, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Wow I really want this.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576435)
Posted by jhiaxus666 on May 22nd, 2014 @ 6:58pm CDT
Whoever posted this. Thank you. I love getting a shout out for my Dispensor.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576462)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 22nd, 2014 @ 8:03pm CDT
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576466)
Posted by ILL-Star on May 22nd, 2014 @ 8:20pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:I don't understand the appeal of this figure. What is it the fact that it is Mood Whiplash, which is cool from the comics, or is it the fact that the vending machine robot appeared in the first movie for all of 5 seconds, which was kinda funny and cool. But is that it? The truck mode is a bore and the robot mode is far from anything special, altho the head sculpt is cool. The rest of the bot mode is quite ugly and generic movieverse styled. I rather spend my money on a transformers liquor cabinet bar fridge that can fit the assorted cybertronian drinks and opens to allow them to be taken out and placed in 5 mm hands ala cogwheels drink tray. it doesn't need to transform and it sure doesn't need a vehicle mode.

Well, at least for me, he's a character I've wanted in a transformable toy mode since he appeared in 2007. Part of that want is because of how funny his brief appearance was. Yes he now sports Mood Whiplash which is cool. But we all know what it should have said. And with that, I must say, MOUNTAIN DEW IS THE BEST SODA EVER MADE.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576470)
Posted by Seibertron on May 22nd, 2014 @ 8:51pm CDT
I couldn't get to the gallery today of dispensor. I'll post it tomorrow. :)
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576472)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 22nd, 2014 @ 8:57pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:

Yeah, that about sums it up for me too. Well, that and the fact that it so closely relates to one of the many hilarious moments in Maximum Overdrive. The scene where the soda machine takes out the little league coach with first a groin shot and then a fatal shot to the forehead with high powered soda can launches (Priceless moment! If you haven't seen the movie...WATCH IT!)

This is also one of the very few times that you will not hear me complain about a re-paint. I approve of this one whole heartedly.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576476)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 22nd, 2014 @ 9:13pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
ILL-Star wrote:

Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576485)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 22nd, 2014 @ 9:54pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hah, I saw that movie, it was so bad but in the best way, especially if you enjoy watching humans being terrorized by machines. Definitely watch it. Damnit... that reference actually made me appreciate this figure more, haha! 8-} The first one this figure would kill is that whiney voiced wife chick. Urgh her voice was nails on a chalkboard.

I'll say, the reason I like the figure, is it's kitschy in that B-movie sorta way, because not only does the figure reminds me of that, it also remind me of the time where the Coke machine quite literally exploded on someone in Steven King's Tommyknockers, both in the TV miniseries and in the novel.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576486)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 22nd, 2014 @ 9:55pm CDT
oh my god. i need this in the worst kind of way.
Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Line Promotional Video (1576500)
Posted by Flashwave on May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:24pm CDT
Waiting on mine from Robot Kingdom. Shipping hurt, but the price was better than TFSource.

As to why, well,i like obscure and different characters, and i actually like this mold. The fact that the vending machine is part of his deco is a nice gimmick.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus Used Commander Class-Series 2" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE - Transformers Optimus Prime Cyberverse  - Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY