This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Transformers News: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Friday, March 27th, 2015 10:21PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 73,631

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Earlier today, Deadline reported exclusively that Paramount is looking to follow the footsteps of studio rivals Marvel, Disney and Fox. Paramount apparently has plans to expand the Transformers "Universe" with additional sequels and spin-offs in a similar fashion to the Marvel Universe films, Star Wars and the upcoming Avatar films. Paramount is in negotiations with Akiva Goldsman who is credited as a writer, director, executive producer and more according to Wikipedia.

Deadline.com wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures wants more Transformers. Taking a page from Fox’s incubation of three Avatar sequels and what Disney is doing to revive Star Wars with a sequels and spinoffs, the studio is negotiating with Akiva Goldsman to work with franchise director Michael Bay, exec producer Steven Spielberg and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura to organize a “writer’s room” that will incubate ideas for a potential multi-part Transformers sequel, and come up with potential spinoff films based on the billion-dollar franchise culled from the Hasbro toy line.


You can read the full article on Deadline.com.

What does these mean for Transformers fans? Could a Beast Wars film franchise be on the horizon? A film that takes place on Cybertron? Could we see Unicron on the big screen? Might this be a chance for a real reboot? Could the Transformers finally be taken seriously as characters in a similar fashion to Marvel's characters instead of as plot devices?

Join our discussion on our popular Energon Pub forums to share your opinions about this news from Deadline. Not a member? Click here to join!

Transformers News: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Transformers News: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels
Credit(s): Deadline.com

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668104)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:27pm CDT
They... They already have a cinematic universe, and which only works thanks to John Barber making everything that needs to fit together, well, fit together (since the movies themselves and alone couldn't bother to do that).

That is, until Age of Extinction came along to muck everything up again with its even bigger middle finger to continuity. >:oP
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668108)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:35pm CDT
Great. This means a lot more Bay formers clogging up the toy isle, and continuing to confuse people when I mention I'm a Transformers fan.

How about if we put the IDW blokes in charge of the writing?
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668113)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:48pm CDT
Yeah. Time for a reboot... And a joe crossover
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668115)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:52pm CDT
Hey, I'm all for more money making vehicles to fuel my fan lust for Generations.

And if thy want more movies, they'll need more directors, which means Mr. Bay won't be directing EVERY SINGLE ONE.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668118)
Posted by Starsaber468 on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:56pm CDT
:michaelbay: Ok, yes the explosion was necessary but its gonna be a while tell beast wars live action films and a GI JOE with transformers is too good to be true
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668123)
Posted by Deadput on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:06pm CDT
AKIVA GOLDSMAN


Ah Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!






(He did Batman and Robin if you don't know along with other bad films probably worse then Ehren Kruger)
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668124)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:07pm CDT
Akiva Goldsman wrote Batman and Robin.... So now we might get an Optimus Prime with nipples!
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668125)
Posted by Cthulhunicron on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:09pm CDT
This sounds good to me. I'd love to see some Transformers films directed by someone other than Michael Bay and hopefully written by someone other than Ehran Krueger.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668126)
Posted by BumbleDouche on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:11pm CDT
Spin-offs? From THIS continuity? Is there even a continuity here? What would the movies even be about? So far they've spent more time focusing on horny teenagers than the Transformers. It'd almost make more sense to give THEM their own spin-off movies, since the bots have been relegated to secondary character status! RUINED FOREVER! AGAIN! lol
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668127)
Posted by BlueBefore on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:12pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:Akiva Goldsman wrote Batman and Robin.... So now we might get an Optimus Prime with nipples!

Didn't know Transformers fans could be this illiterate when it comes to film.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668129)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:15pm CDT
MegaDump wrote:Spin-offs? From THIS continuity?
It's happened before with the comics and novels.

MegaDump wrote:Is there even a continuity here?
There is. Or, at least, there was, until AOE came along. Prior to that movie, John Barber made it all work out in the end, but then AOE came along and made everyone's head spin again.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668131)
Posted by 1PrimeProductions on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:15pm CDT
So should we expect to see an announcement regarding the next Transformers film shortly. As in a release (hopefully 2016) date and other sorts of goodies regarding the new universe!!!!?????
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668132)
Posted by BlueBefore on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:18pm CDT
Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668133)
Posted by BlueBefore on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:21pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:How about if we put the IDW blokes in charge of the writing?
How about no.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668136)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:29pm CDT
BlueBefore wrote:Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.


Of course we can't have films on Cybertron or in the Beast Era. We can't shill hyper-expensive concept cars in the former or have blisteringly obnoxious human stars in the latter. :grin:
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668138)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:30pm CDT
BlueBefore wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:Akiva Goldsman wrote Batman and Robin.... So now we might get an Optimus Prime with nipples!

Didn't know Transformers fans could be this illiterate when it comes to film.

In what way exactly... He did write that movie, did he not? And was it not famous for the unnecessary Bat nipples and ass shots? Maybe it wasn't written into the script, but that's a great resume enhancement. Unless I've hurt your feelings, and at the same time identified the one person who liked that steamy pile.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668139)
Posted by BlueBefore on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:31pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.


Of course we can't have films on Cybertron or in the Beast Era. We can't shill hyper-expensive concept cars in the former or have blisteringly obnoxious human stars in the latter. :grin:

You think you are witty but you just aren't.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668140)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:31pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.


Of course we can't have films on Cybertron or in the Beast Era. We can't shill hyper-expensive concept cars in the former or have blisteringly obnoxious human stars in the latter. :grin:
I'm sure some cavemen or cavewomen could still be blisteringly obnoxious. ;)
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668141)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:32pm CDT
BlueBefore wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.


Of course we can't have films on Cybertron or in the Beast Era. We can't shill hyper-expensive concept cars in the former or have blisteringly obnoxious human stars in the latter. :grin:

You think you are witty but you just aren't.


Really? I feel witty.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668144)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:34pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:I feel witty.
Oh so witty
You feel witty and gritty and right :P
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668145)
Posted by BlueBefore on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:35pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:Akiva Goldsman wrote Batman and Robin.... So now we might get an Optimus Prime with nipples!

Didn't know Transformers fans could be this illiterate when it comes to film.

In what way exactly... He did write that movie, did he not? And was it not famous for the unnecessary Bat nipples and ass shots? Maybe it wasn't written into the script, but that's a great resume enhancement. Unless I've hurt your feelings, and at the same time identified the one person who liked that steamy pile.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668148)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:36pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.


Of course we can't have films on Cybertron or in the Beast Era. We can't shill hyper-expensive concept cars in the former or have blisteringly obnoxious human stars in the latter. :grin:

You think you are witty but you just aren't.


Really? I feel witty.

It's ok... I think you're witty ;)
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668150)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:37pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.


Of course we can't have films on Cybertron or in the Beast Era. We can't shill hyper-expensive concept cars in the former or have blisteringly obnoxious human stars in the latter. :grin:
I'm sure some cavemen or cavewomen could still be blisteringly obnoxious. ;)


True. There were those kids from "Go with the Flow", which in my opinion was the worst episode of Beast Wars.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668151)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:38pm CDT
BlueBefore wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.


Of course we can't have films on Cybertron or in the Beast Era. We can't shill hyper-expensive concept cars in the former or have blisteringly obnoxious human stars in the latter. :grin:

You think you are witty but you just aren't.

I thought it was witty. >:oP
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668153)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:38pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
BlueBefore wrote:Films on Cybertron and even Beast Wars films being live action makes no sense from an economic standpoint and Akiva has written some fairly competent films like Batman Forever and Cinderella Man.


Of course we can't have films on Cybertron or in the Beast Era. We can't shill hyper-expensive concept cars in the former or have blisteringly obnoxious human stars in the latter. :grin:
I'm sure some cavemen or cavewomen could still be blisteringly obnoxious. ;)


True. There were those kids from "Go with the Flow", which in my opinion was the worst episode of Beast Wars.
And to use an example outside of Transformers, there's Fred Flintstone. :P
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668157)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:45pm CDT
Personally I'd like to see a film set between DOTM and AOE, that tells the story of the 'bots being hunted by cemetary wind

Then again, Ratchet's death kinda shook me up, I still would of liked to see if some of the bots survived, definitely would've loved to of seen them fight back xD
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668159)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:47pm CDT
I know they want to milk this cow as fast and as much as possible, but I really wish they would take a step back, let the dust settle and do a proper reboot, as far away from the Bay influence as possible.Then come up with a coherent plot, which was missing from the last 3, minimize the human factor, and design robots that don't look like a soup can in a blender. Keeping it under 2 hrs would be decent as well. AOE felt like it just wasn't ever going to end.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668160)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:52pm CDT
They are going to screw this up in the same way that Disney is going to screw up the Star Wars franchise with their complete exclusion of anything from the Expanded Universe ever seeing the big screen.
A good deal of the most epic of Transformer tales simply cannot be told with the way that the Movie Universe has so completely distorted what was previously established in TF history. Well, they could in some horribly screwed up manner but the die-hard fans will riot and only the complete and utter simpletons will pay money to see the Bay/Spielberg versions and then those same simpletons will come out of the theater going "I don't get it, but did you see the size of those explosions??? That sh** was sooo cool!!" :BANG_HEAD:

These are the same idiots that think the Star Wars Universe only consists of the 6 movies and a handful of video games. It just sucks that Hollywood actually promotes and encourages such complete and utter ignorance but hey, if they want to take money from the suckers and the unenlightened, fine. I'm not going to watch those POS films.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668161)
Posted by BlueBefore on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:55pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:I know they want to milk this cow and fast and as much as possible, but I really wish they would take a step back, let the dust settle and do a proper reboot, as far away from the Bay influence as possible, come up with a coherent plot, which was missing from the last 3, minimize the human factor, and design robots that don't look like a soup can in a blender. Keeping it under 2 hrs would be decent as well. AOE felt like it just wasn't ever going to end.

I personally think the next film should be at least 9 hours and 30 minutes long. That'd make it 10 minutes longer than the Lord of the Rings and it should focus on Cade Yeager and his daily life around the farm. That's an Oscar worthy film if you ask me.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668162)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:56pm CDT
BlueBefore wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:I know they want to milk this cow and fast and as much as possible, but I really wish they would take a step back, let the dust settle and do a proper reboot, as far away from the Bay influence as possible, come up with a coherent plot, which was missing from the last 3, minimize the human factor, and design robots that don't look like a soup can in a blender. Keeping it under 2 hrs would be decent as well. AOE felt like it just wasn't ever going to end.

I personally think the next film should be at least 9 hours and 30 minutes long. That'd make it 10 minutes longer than the Lord of the Rings and it should focus on Cade Yeager and his daily life around the farm. That's an Oscar worthy film if you ask me.

Now that's more like it!
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668163)
Posted by Desslok2201 on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:00am CDT
CrankyOldTruck wrote:They are going to screw this up in the same way that Disney is going to screw up the Star Wars franchise with their complete exclusion of anything from the Expanded Universe ever seeing the big screen.
A good deal of the most epic of Transformer tales simply cannot be told with the way that the Movie Universe has so completely distorted what was previously established in TF history. Well, they could in some horribly screwed up manner but the die-hard fans will riot and only the complete and utter simpletons will pay money to see the Bay/Spielberg versions and then those same simpletons will come out of the theater going "I don't get it, but did you see the size of those explosions??? That sh** was sooo cool!!" :BANG_HEAD:

These are the same idiots that think the Star Wars Universe only consists of the 6 movies and a handful of video games. It just sucks that Hollywood actually promotes and encourages such complete and utter ignorance but hey, if they want to take money from the suckers and the unenlightened, fine. I'm not going to watch those POS films.

You're forgetting that most good TF stories did not include Victoria's Secret models, racist robots and almost invasive upskirt camera shots. And BOOOOOOM!
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668165)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:05am CDT
Speaking as someone who more or less enjoyed the first four movies, I give this idea......

a HELL NO!

Unless they change up the talent involved.

Here's an idea: have Andy Serkis and a bunch of other actors mocap for the Transformers. That way you can focus on them as characters without spending your days filming empty cityscapes with explosions coming from nowhere because the CG robots causing it all will be filled in later. Then the human characters can be relegated to the sidekick roles they deserve and the story can refocus on the Transformers themselves. Get some good writing talent in there and redesign the bots so that they can make good toys and you might have something on your hands.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668166)
Posted by BlueBefore on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:05am CDT
CrankyOldTruck wrote:They are going to screw this up in the same way that Disney is going to screw up the Star Wars franchise with their complete exclusion of anything from the Expanded Universe ever seeing the big screen.
A good deal of the most epic of Transformer tales simply cannot be told with the way that the Movie Universe has so completely distorted what was previously established in TF history. Well, they could in some horribly screwed up manner but the die-hard fans will riot and only the complete and utter simpletons will pay money to see the Bay/Spielberg versions and then those same simpletons will come out of the theater going "I don't get it, but did you see the size of those explosions??? That sh** was sooo cool!!" :BANG_HEAD:

These are the same idiots that think the Star Wars Universe only consists of the 6 movies and a handful of video games. It just sucks that Hollywood actually promotes and encourages such complete and utter ignorance but hey, if they want to take money from the suckers and the unenlightened, fine. I'm not going to watch those POS films.


The EU not being in the new Star Wars film is a good thing. People don't want to go through years of research before they watch a movie they just want to watch a movie. Not only that the content in the EU not very good some of it below fanfiction level writing. There aren't even that many people who know about the EUs existence. I only found out about this this year when a very small group of people complained about it not being in the films and it's not dumb or ignorant not to care about the Expanded Universe people have lives outside of fiction.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668168)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:14am CDT
MegaDump wrote:Spin-offs? From THIS continuity? Is there even a continuity here? What would the movies even be about? So far they've spent more time focusing on horny teenagers than the Transformers. It'd almost make more sense to give THEM their own spin-off movies, since the bots have been relegated to secondary character status! RUINED FOREVER! AGAIN! lol


I'm just saying, by spin-offs they probably mean this. Have the main Transformers movies with the Transformers, then spin-off with the humans. I could see a Lennox-centric movie, for example.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668169)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:15am CDT
That Bot wrote:Speaking as someone who more or less enjoyed the first four movies, I give this idea......

a HELL NO!

Unless they change up the talent involved.

Here's an idea: have Andy Serkis and a bunch of other actors mocap for the Transformers. That way you can focus on them as characters without spending your days filming empty cityscapes with explosions coming from nowhere because the CG robots causing it all will be filled in later. Then the human characters can be relegated to the sidekick roles they deserve and the story can refocus on the Transformers themselves. Get some good writing talent in there and redesign the bots so that they can make good toys and you might have something on your hands.


I'd be all on board for that idea.

Or at the very least get rid of those damn fireworks explosions that look ridiculous.

Image
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668173)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:21am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They... They already have a cinematic universe, and which only works thanks to John Barber making everything that needs to fit together, well, fit together (since the movies themselves and alone couldn't bother to do that).

That is, until Age of Extinction came along to muck everything up again with its even bigger middle finger to continuity. >:oP


How does AOE messed up the continuity that was fixed by Barber? I mean thinking about it there's nothing to me that messed it up more. For example in Transformers Foundation Sentinel found Optimus lost in the desert with no recollection of what happened to him right? Who's to say that Optimus somehow wound up on Cybertron after leaving the Creator's grasps and lost his memories? That sounds in line of what the continuity set up so far.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668177)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:26am CDT
kaijuguy19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:They... They already have a cinematic universe, and which only works thanks to John Barber making everything that needs to fit together, well, fit together (since the movies themselves and alone couldn't bother to do that).

That is, until Age of Extinction came along to muck everything up again with its even bigger middle finger to continuity. >:oP


How does AOE messed up the continuity that was fixed by Barber? I mean thinking about it there's nothing to me that messed it up more. For example in Transformers Foundation Sentinel found Optimus lost in the desert with no recollection of what happened to him right? Who's to say that Optimus somehow wound up on Cybertron after leaving the Creator's grasps and lost his memories? That sounds in line of what the continuity set up so far.
I'm not saying the continuity can't be mended, but as it is, the movie raised a lot of questions. Like, what, if any, relation the Creators have to the AllSpark, which was previously given to the be the sole progenitor of the TF race. Or what, if any, relation the Knights have to the Primes, and if the Knights possibly predate the Primes, then how Optimus (who was one of the Knights) could possibly be the last descendant of the Prime dynasty if he existed before those who are said to be his ancestors did.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668179)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:37am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:They... They already have a cinematic universe, and which only works thanks to John Barber making everything that needs to fit together, well, fit together (since the movies themselves and alone couldn't bother to do that).

That is, until Age of Extinction came along to muck everything up again with its even bigger middle finger to continuity. >:oP


How does AOE messed up the continuity that was fixed by Barber? I mean thinking about it there's nothing to me that messed it up more. For example in Transformers Foundation Sentinel found Optimus lost in the desert with no recollection of what happened to him right? Who's to say that Optimus somehow wound up on Cybertron after leaving the Creator's grasps and lost his memories? That sounds in line of what the continuity set up so far.
I'm not saying the continuity can't be mended, but as it is, the movie raised a lot of questions. Like, what, if any, relation the Creators have to the AllSpark, which was previously given to the be the sole progenitor of the TF race. Or what, if any, relation the Knights have to the Primes, and if the Knights possibly predate the Primes, then how Optimus (who was one of the Knights) could possibly be the last descendant of the Prime dynasty if he existed before those who are said to be his ancestors did.


The Allspark was likely made by the Creators as a new way to either make life or as an energy source but was lost from them and drifted off into space until it stopped to create Cybertron and the Transformers and as for the Knight's relation to the Primes well who's to say that the Knights themselves were a part of a legend that probably say that the Primes were either made or inspired by the Knights of Cybertron to help Cybertron further which helps explain how Sentinel and Optimus share the same helmet design, and as for Optimus perhaps he's likely one of the newly made Knights the creators made that had him carry the same descendent genes have elements that the Primes past him got thus making him still be the last descendent of the Primes but in a different manner. I could be all wrong in the end but if I'm right in that we'll see how Optimus fits into this in the 5th and 6th installments then we'll see if it'll make sense or not.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668180)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:42am CDT
kaijuguy19 wrote:The Allspark was likely made by the Creators as a new way to either make life or as an energy source but was lost from them and drifted off into space until it stopped to create Cybertron and the Transformers and as for the Knight's relation to the Primes well who's to say that the Knights themselves were a part of a legend that probably say that the Primes were either made or inspired by the Knights of Cybertron to help Cybertron further which helps explain how Sentinel and Optimus share the same helmet design, and as for Optimus perhaps he's likely one of the newly made Knights the creators made that had him carry the same descendent genes have elements that the Primes past him got thus making him still be the last descendent of the Primes but in a different manner. I could be all wrong in the end but if I'm right in that we'll see how Optimus fits into this in the 5th and 6th installments then we'll see if it'll make sense or not.
See, that's all fine and well, but it's us fans who have to come up with all these answers to fill in these holes since there's no official media to do that job for us. We shouldn't have to do the job that the fiction is supposed to do, as that's a sign of inadequate writing.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668182)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:They... They already have a cinematic universe, and which only works thanks to John Barber making everything that needs to fit together, well, fit together (since the movies themselves and alone couldn't bother to do that).

That is, until Age of Extinction came along to muck everything up again with its even bigger middle finger to continuity. >:oP


How does AOE messed up the continuity that was fixed by Barber? I mean thinking about it there's nothing to me that messed it up more. For example in Transformers Foundation Sentinel found Optimus lost in the desert with no recollection of what happened to him right? Who's to say that Optimus somehow wound up on Cybertron after leaving the Creator's grasps and lost his memories? That sounds in line of what the continuity set up so far.
I'm not saying the continuity can't be mended, but as it is, the movie raised a lot of questions. Like, what, if any, relation the Creators have to the AllSpark, which was previously given to the be the sole progenitor of the TF race. Or what, if any, relation the Knights have to the Primes, and if the Knights possibly predate the Primes, then how Optimus (who was one of the Knights) could possibly be the last descendant of the Prime dynasty if he existed before those who are said to be his ancestors did.


I'm guessing they could wrangle the notion that the Allspark Cube, which was of offworld origin, was a construct of the Creators. Ergo, Cybertronians were "built" in an abstract sense by the Creators through their artifacts, being allowed to mature until they could be useful for their purposes. That would actually be interesting if they were not the only race of robots birthed in such a manner.

Of course most of this is moot because we're not leaving Earth in the movies (aka. the main medium of the story) because of the aforementioned restraining need for branding and marketing to pay for these overlong expensive messes. Simply put, the demands of a mainstream blockbuster film (at least in the format they're being made) are limiting the ability for anything introspective or thought-provoking to happen in live action Transformers films.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668186)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:52am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:The Allspark was likely made by the Creators as a new way to either make life or as an energy source but was lost from them and drifted off into space until it stopped to create Cybertron and the Transformers and as for the Knight's relation to the Primes well who's to say that the Knights themselves were a part of a legend that probably say that the Primes were either made or inspired by the Knights of Cybertron to help Cybertron further which helps explain how Sentinel and Optimus share the same helmet design, and as for Optimus perhaps he's likely one of the newly made Knights the creators made that had him carry the same descendent genes have elements that the Primes past him got thus making him still be the last descendent of the Primes but in a different manner. I could be all wrong in the end but if I'm right in that we'll see how Optimus fits into this in the 5th and 6th installments then we'll see if it'll make sense or not.
See, that's all fine and well, but it's us fans who have to come up with all these answers to fill in these holes since there's no official media to do that job for us. We shouldn't have to do the job that the fiction is supposed to do, as that's a sign of inadequate writing.


Exactly! And this is the frustrating thing about being told that the answer to glaring plot holes and unanswered questions are found in works like comics or games. The movies are the main medium through which most will see the story, and an embarrassing amount of cash is being sunk into them. The writing quality should not be so low that it needs supplemental materials to patch up the holes. At that point, we're just reading Data Logs from Final Fantasy XIII.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668188)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2015 @ 12:57am CDT
Shuttershock wrote:Exactly! And this is the frustrating thing about being told that the answer to glaring plot holes and unanswered questions are found in works like comics or games. The movies are the main medium through which most will see the story, and an embarrassing amount of cash is being sunk into them. The writing quality should not be so low that it needs supplemental materials to patch up the holes. At that point, we're just reading Data Logs from Final Fantasy XIII.
I've come to terms with the comics being an acceptable venue for such answers since they seem to be the main medium of the Movieverse that actually cares about continuity, what with the films being to too busy selling out to the lowest common denominator to bother with it.

It's why when I hear things like the phrase "the sequel to the first movie" I think more of The Reign of Starscream than ROTF, since that's definitely what The Reign of Starscream is and much moreso than ROTF was (which it wasn't trying to be anyway, so there's no need to pretend that it was).
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668191)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 28th, 2015 @ 1:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:See, that's all fine and well, but it's us fans who have to come up with all these answers to fill in these holes since there's no official media to do that job for us. We shouldn't have to do the job that the fiction is supposed to do, as that's a sign of inadequate writing.

But that's the thing: the Transformers films are NOTORIOUSLY badly written. The second movie was just made up as they went along because it was filmed in the middle of the writers' strike. Ehren Kruger does not seem to care one iota about continuity between the films, certainly not between the films he wrote (DOTM and AOE) and the ones written by Orci and Kurtzman. So complaining that the writing is bad is a bit like complaining that it's gray in London. If they want any credibility they need to overhaul the live action films with all-new staff.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668197)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 28th, 2015 @ 1:11am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:Exactly! And this is the frustrating thing about being told that the answer to glaring plot holes and unanswered questions are found in works like comics or games. The movies are the main medium through which most will see the story, and an embarrassing amount of cash is being sunk into them. The writing quality should not be so low that it needs supplemental materials to patch up the holes. At that point, we're just reading Data Logs from Final Fantasy XIII.
I've come to terms with the comics being an acceptable venue for such answers since they seem to be the main medium of the Movieverse that actually cares about continuity, what with the films being to too busy selling out to the lowest common denominator to bother with it.

It's why when I hear things like the phrase "the sequel to the first movie" I think more of The Reign of Starscream than ROTF, since that's definitely what The Reign of Starscream is and much moreso than ROTF was (which it wasn't trying to be anyway, so there's no need to pretend that it was).


You're right. And RoS was a very good story for the series that was set almost entirely off-world.

At the end, I do want to be able to see and enjoy Transformers movies, but not like this.

Image
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668198)
Posted by guarayakha on March 28th, 2015 @ 1:11am CDT
Sequels, I can understand, but spinoffs? What, are we getting a movie entirely about Mr's Witwicky's weed trip?
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668203)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 28th, 2015 @ 2:17am CDT
guarayakha wrote:Sequels, I can understand, but spinoffs? What, are we getting a movie entirely about Mr's Witwicky's weed trip?


A standalone movie for the Dinobots, a Beast Wars movie, a movie about survivors still stuck on post-apocalyptic Cybertron, a more in depth look at the first Primes. There's so much. A Lockdown prequel would be badass.

Sabrblade wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:The Allspark was likely made by the Creators as a new way to either make life or as an energy source but was lost from them and drifted off into space until it stopped to create Cybertron and the Transformers and as for the Knight's relation to the Primes well who's to say that the Knights themselves were a part of a legend that probably say that the Primes were either made or inspired by the Knights of Cybertron to help Cybertron further which helps explain how Sentinel and Optimus share the same helmet design, and as for Optimus perhaps he's likely one of the newly made Knights the creators made that had him carry the same descendent genes have elements that the Primes past him got thus making him still be the last descendent of the Primes but in a different manner. I could be all wrong in the end but if I'm right in that we'll see how Optimus fits into this in the 5th and 6th installments then we'll see if it'll make sense or not.
See, that's all fine and well, but it's us fans who have to come up with all these answers to fill in these holes since there's no official media to do that job for us. We shouldn't have to do the job that the fiction is supposed to do, as that's a sign of inadequate writing.


Why are you so sure the sequels won't answer those questions. It was obvious that the movie was vague on those details for a reason.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668208)
Posted by Flashwave on March 28th, 2015 @ 2:36am CDT
Actually, I think SPin-offs woyld be great for this. Every movie has a different cast anyway and a different, vaguely overlapping story to tell. Mostly, Prime, Bee, and a human or two are the only bridging elements. So a SPin-off, would sctually fit very well into the current TF:Movie formula, and in cases of NEST or Cemetary Wind-centric stories, be a platofrm where the majority of the movie is again, Human Driven, with minimal (expensive) TF special effects.

SlyTF1 wrote:
guarayakha wrote:Sequels, I can understand, but spinoffs? What, are we getting a movie entirely about Mr's Witwicky's weed trip?


A standalone movie for the Dinobots, a Beast Wars movie, a movie about survivors still stuck on post-apocalyptic Cybertron, a more in depth look at the first Primes. There's so much. A Lockdown prequel would be badass.


i like the lennox idea, but Ia gree, Spinoffs could be fun.

SlyTF1 wrote:
guarayakha wrote:Sequels, I can understand, but spinoffs? What, are we getting a movie entirely about Mr's Witwicky's weed trip?


A standalone movie for the Dinobots, a Beast Wars movie, a movie about survivors still stuck on post-apocalyptic Cybertron, a more in depth look at the first Primes. There's so much. A Lockdown prequel would be badass.

Sabrblade wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:The Allspark was likely made by the Creators as a new way to either make life or as an energy source but was lost from them and drifted off into space until it stopped to create Cybertron and the Transformers and as for the Knight's relation to the Primes well who's to say that the Knights themselves were a part of a legend that probably say that the Primes were either made or inspired by the Knights of Cybertron to help Cybertron further which helps explain how Sentinel and Optimus share the same helmet design, and as for Optimus perhaps he's likely one of the newly made Knights the creators made that had him carry the same descendent genes have elements that the Primes past him got thus making him still be the last descendent of the Primes but in a different manner. I could be all wrong in the end but if I'm right in that we'll see how Optimus fits into this in the 5th and 6th installments then we'll see if it'll make sense or not.
See, that's all fine and well, but it's us fans who have to come up with all these answers to fill in these holes since there's no official media to do that job for us. We shouldn't have to do the job that the fiction is supposed to do, as that's a sign of inadequate writing.


Why are you so sure the sequels won't answer those questions. It was obvious that the movie was vague on those details for a reason.
I thinkk the movie was vague about SOME things for a reason. Like who the Creators are, but these movies still have a habit of leaving a lot of info out.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668216)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 28th, 2015 @ 3:25am CDT
spin offs might be the way to go, bay cant write & direct them all (even though he'll sure as hell try) so that means at least one will be good. Or this could make things even worse its a 50/50 shot either way.
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668217)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on March 28th, 2015 @ 3:26am CDT
So does this mean that we may be getting those end credits scenes that other Marvel films are always doing? Although I'm still skeptical whether we'll get to see Unicron in the movies coz it looks like Bay still has some involvement in the making of those films.....+ he's stayed away from having Unicron in the previous 4!

One thing......If this really does happen(the expanded universe thing) & it doesn't turn out to be an unmitigated disaster...then a crossover with GI Joe could become more credible(yes.....I know they were considering this already, just makes it more of a possibility....that's all) & maybe even other crossovers with the likes of Spiderman ect! + didn't Marvel have something to do with the Transformers comics or something? so the possibilities are endless! maybe even a live action tv series(maybe in the vein of something like Agents Of Shield as we follow NEST's perspective...or something like that) or failing that.......a CG one(something like Star Wars Rebels), who knows?
Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels (1668218)
Posted by jrgreer74 on March 28th, 2015 @ 3:32am CDT
I can give a possible explanation to those questions. If I was writing for them, which I'm not obviously, I'd spin it with a simple answer. The creators used the "seed" bombs to harness the metals needed to create the Transformers as AOE states, that metal was then "energized" with the AllSpark energy like in the first film, the part with Simmons and the phone. Except more in the line with the G1 continuity of it being a factory assembly line, when the creators produced them more as slave labor than individuals (G1 cartoon: War Dawn). The Transformers rebel and in time a select few Leaders come out of the wood work, A3 (Alpha Trion)style. These leaders become the original Knights (AOE), who finally over throw the "Creators" which really are like the Quintessons. After the war they eventually set out to rid the universe of the influence of the "Creators", and to spread out to other worlds(Speed, Beast, etc. - Cybertron cartoon and comics). Alpha Trion, an original Knight stays behind to document the events on Cybertron as in the WFC, FOC, and comics continuity.
Alpha Trion helps to build their civilization after the war, and once it flourishes a government is needed. The line of the "Primes" is formed. "Primes" being more like a Counsel of Elders. They help guide civilization in a government form, allowing AT to document history.
Optimus becomes a "Knight" in a symbolic sense because he is a leader in the Counsel of Elders. He would be honored as a knight, in remembrance of the leaders before him, the real "Knights". This would sum him up both as a "Prime" and as a "Knight". All "Primes" would be a continuation of the "Knights". The "Knights" born from war, the "Primes" from leadership in Government. In times of conflict, the "Primes" would assume the roll of their ancestors, and fight as "Knights". Optimus becomes a member of the Council, during the early start of the conflict, due to his involvement with the gladiator Megatron, he is seen as an asset to members of the Council. The "Prime" of the time, be it Zeta or Sentinal - you pick your poison, in his arrogance ignores the warnings, and the pleas to end the caste style of government (WFC,FOC,comics). The Great War breaks out again following the aligned continuity, until a focal point is reached with the original film.
This is a perfect point in the film franchise to kick out the BS, and include all continuities (kind of like I have here) and open up all areas of spin-offs and the like.
My spin here could literally open up everything from all continuities, and I'm nobody. Imagine what it could be if someone who knows more and truly has a deep understanding of the stuff that has already been presented was to use all that history and include it in some sensible way. They could even come up with why Zeta and Sentinal both were "Primes" at the same time continuity wise, like Zeta became Prime because Sentinal disappeared when the Ark was shot down causing it to crash on the moon! Zeta was Vice-Prime and became Prime if something happened to Sentinal, the real Prime. Something! Anything, if steered in the appropriate manner could set the stage for what they want here. All it takes is a mind open to ideas and able to think inside and outside of the box we call the aligned continuity. The problem here I feel is that each writer wants something new and that's okay in it's proper place, but to accomplish the mission as I see it here, they need to stay within the lines that have already been drawn out for them. We don't need another person looking for a "name" for themselves in Hollywood here. Fix it first, then hire the guy next time with the mind to expand the franchise further. It can't be that hard! Sure at the end give the guy credit, but if he is looking only to get the credit and a name - send him packing. We have had enough of that. It just makes things harder to fix later!
And here I end my very long rant. God, I feel so much better now!
So, because I know some of you will anyway - Let the :HEADHURTS: begin!
:lol:

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTLE FOR ENERGON Transformers Kre-o set Optimus Prime + Megatron 2012 New"
BATTLE FOR ENERGON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRIST BANNED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades watch 2019 Hasbro"
WRIST BANNED Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 5-PACKS Set of 4 Transformers Gamer Geeks + Hunger Hubs 2022"
BotBots Series 6 5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRIBBY Transformers BotBots Series 2 Backpack Bunch 2019 colored pencil"
SCRIBBY Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TUTU PUFFZ Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades cotton candy 2019"
TUTU PUFFZ Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTERHEAD Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob drumset drum kit 2019 Hasbro"
BATTERHEAD Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "QUACKLES Transformers BotBots Series 3 Playroom Posse 2019 Megatron Rubber Duck"
QUACKLES Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE CORN CRUSADER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Los Deliciosos purple corn 2020"
THE CORN CRUSADER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BREAKER FORTUNES Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats cookie Hasbro 2020"
BREAKER FORTUNES T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOTARAZZI Transformers BotBots Con Crew Meet N Greets camera 2019"
BOTARAZZI Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUMTHIN FISHY Transformers BotBots Con Crew Fantastic Fuelers fish taco 2019"
SUMTHIN FISHY Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOLEY MOLDY Transformers BotBots Series 2 Spoiled Rottens 2019 cheese Hasbro"
HOLEY MOLDY Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCOPE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Science Alliance Hasbro 2020 telescope"
STARSCOPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUGAR BREATH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Season Greeters candy corn 2019"
SUGAR BREATH Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON