PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie?

PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie?

Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 12:10pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 32,880

Third party toy manufacturer PerfectEffect has updated their blog with a preview of their upcoming products. The products include homages to Buzzsaw and Laserbeak, Eject and Rewind, Ratbat, and what looks to be an updated version of Wheelie.

If you're interested in Shadow Warrior, PerfectEffect's first Cassette Robot Homage, you can head over to site sponsors BigBadToyStore.com, TFSource, or RobotKingdom.

Credit(s): PerfectEffect blog

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 12:22pm CDT

Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080815)
Posted by Editor on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:19pm CDT
Is that Overtkill? looks like it could be Ratbat.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080816)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:21pm CDT
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080817)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:23pm CDT
Editor wrote:Is that Overtkill? looks like it could be Ratbat.

I think you're probably right; those are more than likely Ratbat's "ears". Edited to reflect. Thanks Editor!
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080819)
Posted by Editor on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:26pm CDT
No problem.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080848)
Posted by Mkall on June 1st, 2010 @ 1:24pm CDT
I don't see the need for another wheelie, I like my Classics one just fine.

I'll take the cassette homages though.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080878)
Posted by Joetx on June 1st, 2010 @ 2:08pm CDT
Wheelie looks like a remold of Energon Strongarm.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080882)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 1st, 2010 @ 2:15pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about these. While they definitely look cool, it seems the prices and quality control just don't stack up against Fansproject. I want the PE-01R, but until I can buy it separately, I'm won't. I'm not spending $60+ to buy two tiny figures when I only want one of them.

Ditto...and I have all 3 Warriors and still not that satisfied. I think the concepts and ideas are great. It's the execution that's lacking. You have a target master alt mode...that can't really be held. WTF guys. I want to like your toys. I love the bot modes, but I do want them to have a useful alt mode as well.

I am a sucker however. Any g1-esque looking stuff will most likely be bought. From the previous purchases, I find the price to be too high for something so small and faulty. Had they have the same track record as Fans Project, I'd be clamoring all about them. But FP they are not. I might wait for reviews to come out before I purchase these. I also do hope the price of the figures come down from the last production runs. Here's hoping that they have learned from their mistakes and can actually improve on their toys.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080900)
Posted by Requiem Prime on June 1st, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT
I'd have to see the "bird" mold a bit better to consider. The neck looks kind of spindly on a massive body.

The Eject mold looks good, but why make a Wheelie?

Ah well, high hopes to them. This "line" has been a refreshing take on targetmasters.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080923)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on June 1st, 2010 @ 4:39pm CDT
im pretty happy with the Hasbro Wheelie mold...I'll pass on this one.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080929)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 1st, 2010 @ 4:47pm CDT
Wheelie for ... how much will this end up being?

I swear, that guy must be really popular in Japan. There was a ludicrously expencive garage kit and now this. Well, the Universe release is enough for me.

Part of the appeal of Rumble / Frenzy was how they looked kinda like the G1 toon. Lazerbeak and Ratbat lose that. And it's a real detriment that they can't be used with Label Soundwave, the closest thing to Classics Soundwave we have. Although, at least Cybertron Soundwave can hold R&F.

All easy passes for me.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080936)
Posted by First-Aid on June 1st, 2010 @ 5:41pm CDT
Only Wheelie I am ever interested in is a 12-pack: each one comes with an M80 stuffed inside it. You light it and watch them blow up. And it's a beautiful thing...
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080942)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 1st, 2010 @ 5:59pm CDT
I got the shadow warrior for no good reason whatsoever, wasn't that impressed with him. I got it on a whim, don't know if i will get anything else they release.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080958)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 1st, 2010 @ 7:02pm CDT
What do Buzzsaw/Laserbeak transform into? Is it a flight pack? Don't see the point of eject/rewind. I never got Universe Blaster (hate the mold) but will get DL Blaster. The g1 cassettes work with him. The appeal of PE-01 was robot accurate design. These don't do it for me.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1080972)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 1st, 2010 @ 7:33pm CDT
After my lackluster experience with the Godsword and reports of shotty quality with the Shadow Warriors, I'm not going to get too excited about these. PE needs to have a home run before I'm buying more of their products.

And Wheelie seems a little pointless.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1081005)
Posted by Flashwave on June 1st, 2010 @ 9:48pm CDT
You know what though guys, your forgetting a Soundwave: War for Cybertron. I'll bet if he has the mm hole, these'd be sweet with him. All of them. (Thoiugh he only needs one jetpack, but ive the other to another grounded con)
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1081012)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 1st, 2010 @ 10:02pm CDT
Am I the only one who thinks these things look like a stab at a Bakugan cash-in? Most of these alt modes look a lot like the battle-gear weapon packs you magnetize onto the backs of certain Bakugan.
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1081029)
Posted by Oilspill on June 1st, 2010 @ 10:56pm CDT

The negatives:
- the mini-pistol doesn't fit on the alt mode to make the weapon-handle, making the alt mode kind of useless. Since they are never going to be in alt mode for me anyway it's not a huge deal, but not great.
- paint apps on one of my figures were excellent, a little sloppy on the other - but these are such tiny figures that the paint apps are still quite impressive.
- would have been better if the handle was a 5mm post, allowing any figure to use it rather than just city commander. Actually I haven't verified this, could be wrong.

Overall, these are still the best Rumble/Frenzy figures I own, but they are certainly not perfect. I'd still recommend them however as long as you are aware of the above negatives.

They are much better than my Impossible Toys animated figures, which are a load of crap (and makes me a bit worried about their upcoming Arcee).
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1081044)
Posted by Droptested Thrice on June 2nd, 2010 @ 12:01am CDT
Oilspill wrote:I just got Frenzy & Rumble yesterday, and I'm actually quite impressed with the little guys. Heaps of articulation on such small figures and a surprising amount of detail both moulded and with paint apps.

The negatives:

Thanks for the review!
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1081063)
Posted by Primacron's Little Helper on June 2nd, 2010 @ 3:11am CDT
Eject and Rewind could be cool.

Don't really need Ratbat, Laserbeak or Wheelie as we've already got Classics/Universe versions of them. (Or in the case of Laserbeak, Booster X10.)
Re: PerfectEffect New Products Preview: More Cassette Homages and Wheelie? (1081120)
Posted by Mechastrike on June 2nd, 2010 @ 8:13am CDT
it looks like Wheelie but the alt mode looks like something else. :???:

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Astrotrain Shockwave Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Soundwave - USED" on EBAY