Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint?

Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint?

Sunday, April 10th, 2011 6:52am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 42,010

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Many Ultra Magnus fans are waiting for the previously announced trailer/armor for igear toys Ultra Faith Leader with baited breath. A couple of images were found on the igear toys facebook page of a Diaclone repaint Ultra Leader. Does this mean that when their trailer/armor set finally hits online we will get a Diaclone repaint? No official announcement has been made of this repaint. Discuss this and other topics in the Transformers Toys Forum of the Energon Pub or comment below.

Image

Image

Seibertron: The Ultimate Transformers Resource

Credit(s): Igear Toys


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207291)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 10th, 2011 @ 7:22am CDT
this guy is lookin good! :D but diaclone are not my thing.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207297)
Posted by Stormrider on April 10th, 2011 @ 7:56am CDT
Um...excuse Diaclone Prime...you have stick coming out your butt.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207298)
Posted by cartoonconvoy on April 10th, 2011 @ 7:58am CDT
No need to speculate....many months ago I emailed them and they said they will be releasing this Diaclone Blue Magnus and the Yellow Shining Magnus this year.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207299)
Posted by Rated X on April 10th, 2011 @ 8:00am CDT
These 3rd party companies keep us alive while Hasbro is on life support. Maybe they should just pull the plug on Hasbro. 3rd parties get most of my Transformers money anyway.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207301)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 10th, 2011 @ 8:34am CDT
I'm gonna nickname these guys the Moo Crew. 'Cause they be milking it! Really people? How about the next prime could have stripes of color running from top to bottom. Each stripe could be one of the previous repaints.

Ok, that being said, it is a cool mold, and if armor comes out, I will buy their Magnus.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207311)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 10th, 2011 @ 9:06am CDT
Ugh, that thing is ugly! And useless to boot!
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207313)
Posted by bkz on April 10th, 2011 @ 9:12am CDT
Looking good so far, but if they want to reuse the seeker flight stand they need to use clear plastic for the stick and the base.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207319)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 10th, 2011 @ 9:46am CDT
Just another OP repainted as Magnus, nothing special or original. Magnus deserves a little better in my opinion.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207339)
Posted by onsanyo-con on April 10th, 2011 @ 10:26am CDT
Makes me wanna repaint a city commander into this color scheme. I love it. 2 of my 3 colors on a prime? =P~
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207350)
Posted by ae_productions on April 10th, 2011 @ 11:06am CDT
onsanyo-con wrote:Makes me wanna repaint a city commander into this color scheme. I love it. 2 of my 3 colors on a prime? =P~


You don't have to.

KOTOYS.com has a pre-order for this very scheme with the Fan's Projects trailer (city commander).
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207360)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 10th, 2011 @ 11:47am CDT
Looks cool, but any fascination I have with Diaclone lies in it being the toy-continuity equivalent of the prehistory of the great TF continuities, so if it's something that wouldn't blend into my War Within or WFC shelf, I'm not that interested. As someone who collects 3rd party and/or KO stuff to fill gaps that Has/Tak just plain won't, I don't see what he'd be accurate to except that scene in 'S.O.S. Dinobots' where the Autobots fell in the river, and several Yomotov coloring goofs...

...say, could this be that blue Optimus that was spearheading the Decepticon attack on the Ark in Marvel #1? That would actually parallel the prehistory thing. Maybe I will pick this up eventually, but I still don't have the first Faith Leader. Is that one sold out with no second run in sight? I'm assuming this mold is one iGear toy that's verboten on Ebay, right?
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207365)
Posted by onsanyo-con on April 10th, 2011 @ 12:03pm CDT
ae_productions wrote:
onsanyo-con wrote:Makes me wanna repaint a city commander into this color scheme. I love it. 2 of my 3 colors on a prime? =P~


You don't have to.

KOTOYS.com has a pre-order for this very scheme with the Fan's Projects trailer (city commander).

Thanks for letting me know, I keep forgetting to check their site. Now if only some random 3rd party would make tons of clip on weapons. for the 3mm clip system. :lol:
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207375)
Posted by Mkall on April 10th, 2011 @ 12:27pm CDT
Rated X wrote:These 3rd party companies keep us alive while Hasbro is on life support. Maybe they should just pull the plug on Hasbro. 3rd parties get most of my Transformers money anyway.

So because you're not happy with Hasbro's current offerings (which make them millions btw), you think Hasbro should simply close down?
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207378)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 10th, 2011 @ 12:45pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Rated X wrote:These 3rd party companies keep us alive while Hasbro is on life support. Maybe they should just pull the plug on Hasbro. 3rd parties get most of my Transformers money anyway.

So because you're not happy with Hasbro's current offerings (which make them millions btw), you think Hasbro should simply close down?


In the words of the illustrious DMX "...here we go again, same old $#*T just a different day.." :lol:

Do some fans think it's cool or somehow intelligent to suggest the collapse of Hasbro would benefit the fandom? How quickly some forget that without Hasbro, this little past time of ours would likely come screeching to a halt? Ofcourse Has/Tak/Tomy are prone to make some bad decisions. New direction, cost cutting measures whatever the shortcoming is. Is it really that bad? I have almost every American release c/u/g/r on shelves and love 'em. It's probally my favorite portion of my collection (after my G1 big boys, Max, Overlord, etc.) Come on guys, cut some slack.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207452)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 10th, 2011 @ 3:25pm CDT
Pretty cool, if this where shinier I might consider it, I've recently taken a liking to this colour scheme.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207458)
Posted by Rated X on April 10th, 2011 @ 3:58pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Rated X wrote:These 3rd party companies keep us alive while Hasbro is on life support. Maybe they should just pull the plug on Hasbro. 3rd parties get most of my Transformers money anyway.

So because you're not happy with Hasbro's current offerings (which make them millions btw), you think Hasbro should simply close down?


In the words of the illustrious DMX "...here we go again, same old $#*T just a different day.." :lol:

Do some fans think it's cool or somehow intelligent to suggest the collapse of Hasbro would benefit the fandom? How quickly some forget that without Hasbro, this little past time of ours would likely come screeching to a halt? Ofcourse Has/Tak/Tomy are prone to make some bad decisions. New direction, cost cutting measures whatever the shortcoming is. Is it really that bad? I have almost every American release c/u/g/r on shelves and love 'em. It's probally my favorite portion of my collection (after my G1 big boys, Max, Overlord, etc.) Come on guys, cut some slack.


Ok guys lets be real for a second. At botcon last year Hasbro teased us with a slideshow of s**t that half of which is not even been available. And Botcon is here again in 2 months !!!

Where is Grapple, Lugnut and Starfe ???

Where is Windcharger ???

Why the hell would they release Sweeps and Junkions in such limited quantities when they knew G1 fanatics would buy em up to put together an armada ??? Wasnt Generations/RTS done with the collectors in mind ???

Why so many Bumblebee repaints ???


Why cant they admit Power Core Combiners failed ???



Defend Hasbro all you want, but after all they hype they introduced at the Botcon slideshow to an audience of 1000+ collectors, I expect better. I expect them to put their money where their mouth is. Some people like to trash 3rd party companies because they are capitalizingg on Hasbro's failures. In reality, 3rd party companies are the heart and soul of the Transformers hobby. Once upon a time, Takara was nothing more than the equivelent to a 3rd party company back in 1984. Until they made a pact with the corparate devil. Im not saying Hasbro does all bad, but they dont do all good either. They keep flip flopping. They cant decide whether they want to ride with G1 fans or with Michael Bay. either way the kids gonna buy whatever comes out. But they cant figure out which way they want to hype up their little minds. Do we do G1 ??? Yeah why not ROTF toy sales blew monkey balls last year...Now that we invested in RTS and Generations, should we push it to the stores that buy anything we push ??? Nah...lets just forget about RTS and Generations and give em DOTM because Michael Bay says it's gonna be epic !!! Thats what they saying behind closed doors. So why defend them ???

The Hasbro pannel gave me a Bulls**t answer to my question about japanese repaints speciffically referring to Thundercracker talking about asian markets and BS. Then they flip flop and give us generations Thundercracker. Thanks, but it wakes me wanna slap the guy on the pannel who was talking about markets that dont exist. There is only one market...THE MONEY MARKET !!!

This is why I defend 3rd party companies and KO's till the end of time. You got somebody who actually listens to the fans and collectors and delivers them what they want. Why would anybody diss them and defend the big corparate giant that plays games, flip flops, and buys and sells copyrights like water ???
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207477)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 10th, 2011 @ 4:41pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Ok guys lets be real for a second. At botcon last year Hasbro teased us with a slideshow of s**t that half of which is not even been available. And Botcon is here again in 2 months !!!

Where is Grapple, Lugnut and Starfe ???


On my shelves. Hasbrotoyshop.com You gotta be quick.

Rated X wrote:Where is Windcharger ???

good question. I've heard people have him in the UK and Japan, but not here which does suck.

Rated X wrote:Why the hell would they release Sweeps and Junkions in such limited quantities when they knew G1 fanatics would buy em up to put together an armada ??? Wasnt Generations/RTS done with the collectors in mind ???


I only ordered 1 Scourge online. I found one at TRU in Orlando, and one at WALMART in Conway SC yesturday. The Junkions I got at my local Target. Certainly collectors were in mind when making these, because they are hard to complain about. But their true numbers are not known. One thing that is a factor is that Wal Mart's nationwide have been doing department resets and holding back on new merchandise. But with a little persistence (and help from yours truly if you need it) you will get your armada
Image

Rated X wrote:Why so many Bumblebee repaints ???

They sell. Kids mostly I'm sure.


Rated X wrote:Why cant they admit Power Core Combiners failed ???

I think by not making anymore, they kinda have. If they continued to unveil new PCC, then it would be a different story.



Rated X wrote:Defend Hasbro all you want...

It sucks but its bottom line. The movies are hard to except (for me personally), but that is their revenue generator right now. I'll find the report in a min., but Hasbro's boy toy department in '09 had the largest increase in sales in the entirety of HAS. They met some success. Hard to tell I know because I STILL have crap ROTF Mudflaps on my store pegs.

Rated X wrote:The Hasbro pannel gave me a Bulls**t answer to my question about japanese repaints speciffically referring to Thundercracker talking about asian markets and BS. Then they flip flop and give us generations Thundercracker. Thanks, but it wakes me wanna slap the guy on the pannel who was talking about markets that dont exist. There is only one market...THE MONEY MARKET !!!

Agreed. Slap seconded. Do we have a third?

Rated X wrote:This is why I defend 3rd party companies and KO's till the end of time. You got somebody who actually listens to the fans and collectors and delivers them what they want. Why would anybody diss them and defend the big corparate giant that plays games, flip flops, and buys and sells copyrights like water ???


Don't get me wrong. I LOVE 3rd PARTY ITEMS. Love 'em. Universe Bruticus was disappointing until I got my Crossfire sets. And you're right, they fill a wonderful place for us collectors. No one really likes big corporations except the CEO's of those businesses, and their many employees. But if it was ALL 3rd party stuff, I would not be able to afford the collection I have. $45 -$60 per scout figure? Good god if Fansproject ever made a leader class figure it would cost $200 - $500 bucks! It would most certainly be awesome, but you get my point right? I know Hasbro is not nearly as loyal to "us" as we are to them, but my complete set of 1984 '85 '86 figures have their name stamped on each one.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207487)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 10th, 2011 @ 5:09pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Looks cool, but any fascination I have with Diaclone lies in it being the toy-continuity equivalent of the prehistory of the great TF continuities, so if it's something that wouldn't blend into my War Within or WFC shelf, I'm not that interested. As someone who collects 3rd party and/or KO stuff to fill gaps that Has/Tak just plain won't, I don't see what he'd be accurate to except that scene in 'S.O.S. Dinobots' where the Autobots fell in the river, and several Yomotov coloring goofs...

...say, could this be that blue Optimus that was spearheading the Decepticon attack on the Ark in Marvel #1? That would actually parallel the prehistory thing. Maybe I will pick this up eventually, but I still don't have the first Faith Leader. Is that one sold out with no second run in sight? I'm assuming this mold is one iGear toy that's verboten on Ebay, right?


They already did a second run and still have them in igears store

http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=75

I have seen them on ebay but much more expensive.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207505)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 10th, 2011 @ 5:45pm CDT
I've seen plenty Strafes, Lugnuts, and even a few Grapples in my area (Canada). Didn't spot Windcharger, but I saw the other RTS Scout so i know I simply missed him. Never saw Kup or Scourge here yet, so I think there's still hope for me to get 'charger at retail.

Hasbro knows what it's going for. Micheal Bay stuff. RtS / Generations and the original Classics line is filler. But a fille rline with tons of great molds of tons of classic characters.

Hasbro going down? Well, you can kiss your affordable TFs goodbye. Like Get Right said, 3rd part stuff is expencive. There's a difference between defending KOs and 3rd party stuff and just being rediculous. Personally, I like being able to buy my TFs at retail and not have to spend $80+ on every single TF I buy.
Re: Possible Diaclone Ultra Leader Repaint? (1207563)
Posted by Rated X on April 10th, 2011 @ 8:45pm CDT
I see your points. But I must say last year at Botcon (my first) The Hasbro pannel suckered me into believing that if it was made by "Hasbro" it would be in my local stores. Maybe not as many as Bayformers, but it would be there. I never expected that I would have to rely on online ordering to get stuff made for US retail (dammit I hate being wrong) Until now, I have only ordered Takara, 3rd party items, and KO's online. But now we are in a major DROUGHT !!! Over a months time I was able to find Kup, and pick up 3 Sweeps for myself and 2 for my homie in various wal-marts and targets. I found G2 prime at Target. Plenty of Bumblebees at Target so I bought an extra one and made a custom Cliffjumper. My homie snagged me the last Perceptor in Miami, I think. But Wreck Gar is killing me !!! (I only found one in Target) I ordered 3 Maiden Japan sets thinking the Wreck-Gars would start showing up in hordes like Skullgrins. Now Im wondering if I made a dumb choice ???

Not looking to pay exxagerated online prices starting at $25 or having to get into bidding e-bay which I have never done.

Getrightrobot, I appreciate the offer to help me out. :D If you have any Wreck-Gars out in your stores, PM me. Ill be happy to paypal you for them and the shipping.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
Twincast / Podcast #274:
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Quintesson Judge Transformers WFC Earthrise ORIGINAL PACKAGING" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction One-Step Changer GALVATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "NEW GRIMLOCK Evolution 2-Pack Transformers Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro AOE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn" on EBAY
Buy "transformers earthrise quintesson judge" on EBAY
Buy "2001 Transformers Rid Robots In Disguise SKY-BYTE Shark To Robot" on EBAY