Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development

Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development

Thursday, November 24th, 2011 11:14am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,753

The folks over at the Planet Iacon - Singapore Transformers Fans Unite facebook page have posted some prototype images of what they are calling a third-party Voyager scale Ultra Magnus. The figure does a good job of representing the character in both modes and appears to have plenty of articulation. No word on who working on this project. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Planet Iacon - Singapore Transformers Fans Unite

This article was last modified on Thursday, November 24th, 2011 12:03pm CST

Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316272)
Posted by Jesterhead on November 24th, 2011 @ 11:43am CST
If that is indeed a Nikon lens box in picture #2, it surely must be bigger than Voyager...
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316274)
Posted by dinogeist on November 24th, 2011 @ 11:47am CST
This thing looks interesting. I need to see it in color before I make any comments. these pics looks to be CGI & I need to see some proto type pics.

I like the CHMS G-1 Ultra magnus combiner toy better. as it's more of a homage in toy design to 1986 ultra magnus's toy.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316276)
Posted by Jesterhead on November 24th, 2011 @ 11:49am CST
Tidalwavex wrote: these pics looks to be CGI & I need to see some proto type pics.

I pondered the same thing. But after looking at them closely, I don't think they are CAD renderings, but actual photos of a physical prototype. Some of the shading and details are too imperfect for it to be CAD.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316287)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 24th, 2011 @ 12:14pm CST
Not feeling this at all. The level of detailing and complexity of the transformation makes me think of those Kabaya figures, not a fully fledged figure. The solid block COE truck is a real turn off.

Would work in a neo-G1 collection. Wouldn't work in a Classics collection.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316293)
Posted by zodconvoy on November 24th, 2011 @ 12:29pm CST
Jesterhead wrote:

That and the fact that it's shot on a piece of cloth with fuzzies on it and sitting on a Nikon box. It's a real stark white object photographed mostly on a matte black background.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316298)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 24th, 2011 @ 12:36pm CST
i am desperate for an ultramagnus, i WILL get this
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316317)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 24th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CST
I don't like it, it reminds me to much of the Marvel G1 comics art, but I have to say this is a good effort and better than the one Hasbro and Don Fig made back during Titanium.
also
lol
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316318)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on November 24th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CST
I am kind of digging that...
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316324)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on November 24th, 2011 @ 1:32pm CST
El Duque wrote:[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Planet-Iacon-Singapore-Transformers-Fans-Unite-STFU/190726147660000]Image[/url

Now for your viewing pleasure, Ultra Magnus - Lord of the Dance! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316335)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 24th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CST
As long as he has decent quality control, might pick him up whenever he's released.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316338)
Posted by --B-- on November 24th, 2011 @ 2:00pm CST
Nice, but not as nice as City Commander. I like that there are more options for those who missed out on CC though, either by picking this up or by picking up the CCs that get replaced by this for some people.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316342)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 24th, 2011 @ 2:04pm CST
Meh, not my thing. Also got City Commander as well.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316350)
Posted by Mykltron on November 24th, 2011 @ 2:27pm CST
Seriously, is this:
supposed to impress us?

The articulation looks piss poor.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316356)
Posted by dinogeist on November 24th, 2011 @ 2:46pm CST
Mykltron wrote:Seriously, is this:
supposed to impress us?

The articulation looks piss poor.

The below stuff is my Opinion,I state nothing as fact:

at any rate we can easily see it's got ZERO feet/ankle articulation.

as far as the other articulation goes,it's all guesses at this early point.

I'm guessing it doesn't have any 360 degree's rotate swindle joints in the legs. however the hips might be on a ball joint which enables the legs to rotate a bit. so it's all guessing at this point.

looking at the upper waist,their could be a 360 degree swivel joint in their. as it looks to be a seperate piece. my guess is the waist has a 360 degree swivel joint because it's needed to transform & rotate all around during transformation from vechicle to robot mode.

the arms & head look very poseable. my guess is the head is on a ball joint. the shoulders look like their on a ball joint. their appears to be elbow joints & swivel 360 degree rotate joints in the middle of the arm. the hands appear to be extremly poseable. their is most likely a rotate 360 degree wrist joint. some of the fingers appear to have articulation.

that tiny truck/cab doesn't appear to transform into a tiny robot. it appears to be a brick that fills out the trailer armor. with most likely a robot head jammed inside the truck cab innner section.

Over-all this doesn't look as good as CHMS G-1 Combiner ultra magnus toy.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316358)
Posted by REMINATOR on November 24th, 2011 @ 2:51pm CST
If this get made, I will definitely purchase one. This is the best G1 UMagnus up-to-date and very show accurate I must say. Even the missile launcher is at the side of the trailer. I think this one looks a lot better than CHMS UMagnus. The only thing I don't like about this latest one is that it's not an armor version. But that's okay, since it will be a variant to TTomy MP UMagnus armor version.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316399)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 24th, 2011 @ 5:56pm CST
This looks very nice. The cartoon accurate is a definate plus in my book. It's kind of a shame the white cab doesn't become a Prime; it doesn't look like that would have compromised the design at all. Still, it looks very nice.

But, do I really want to replace City Commander? Especially after I got some other 3rd party accessories for the guy? Not really.

I kinda like this better than what CHMS showed. CHMS's shoulders just ruin the design for me.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316411)
Posted by Nujevad on November 24th, 2011 @ 7:10pm CST
It's an impressive start, but still needs some work. There also seems to be a lot of partsforming going on.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316425)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 24th, 2011 @ 7:54pm CST
FansProject has spoiled me with their sharp edges. This figure has too much dead space for my liking but I will keep an eye on it.
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316439)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on November 24th, 2011 @ 9:53pm CST
So do third-parties have a tendency of infringing upon Hasbro's trademark of the Autobot insignia?
Re: Possible Third-Party Voyager Size Ultra Magnus in Development (1316442)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 24th, 2011 @ 10:04pm CST
Not too sure I like the looks of this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Premier Edition Leader Stormreign (Dragonstorm)" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY