Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender

Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender

Friday, October 21st, 2011 10:29am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,804

Courtesy of HK-TF we have an image of a possible upgrade set for FansProject's Springer homage Defender. It appears the set will include a sticker sheet, heel extensions to add stability, and possibly a new sword. The package insert identifies the producer as sxidesigns. Image mirrored below.

Credit(s): HK-TF

Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303509)
Posted by dougpassat on October 21st, 2011 @ 10:51am CDT
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303512)
Posted by StryderPrime on October 21st, 2011 @ 10:55am CDT
I love how 3rd Parties are now making upgrades to other 3rd parties products.

So should I said this is a 4th Party then? Anyway..if a new sword is including then i sold on it
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303515)
Posted by Kibble on October 21st, 2011 @ 11:01am CDT
dougpassat wrote:Fansproject has got to offer second runs on there figures, I would surely pick up a Warbot or Ultra Magnus Upgrade.

They already have... But no doubt you mean additional runs now.

As for the upgrade set, wonder how much it'll run? If it's inexpensive, like $15 or so, I may be interested. If it's like $30 or more...none of this is really necessary to me. Not sure I'd even use the stickers. Heel extensions I can understand, but I don't do much with this figure other than display him so once he's up, he's up. The sword looks promising, but the one it comes with is satisfactory.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303516)
Posted by Requiem Prime on October 21st, 2011 @ 11:02am CDT
StryderPrime wrote:I love how 3rd Parties are now making upgrades to other 3rd parties products.

I suppose 4th party works.

I hope the heel bits blend nicely. Storing nicely would be a plus.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303518)
Posted by Prime Evil on October 21st, 2011 @ 11:06am CDT
OK, I know there are heels out there for Defender, but if I can get another sword then sure, I may bite depending on price. I don't think I would pay more then $20 myself.

And speaking of Defender, when the heck are we gonna get a recolor of this Bot? I wants NAOW!! :twisted:
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303522)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 21st, 2011 @ 11:13am CDT

It seems a bit taboo...LOL! :VEHI:
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303526)
Posted by daimchoc on October 21st, 2011 @ 11:24am CDT
Sticker sheet, heel extension, and new sword....

Funny thing is that reprolabels is already selling a sticker sheet http://www.reprolabels.com/Classics/springer.php, jpaxson/process from shapeways is selling the heel extension http://www.shapeways.com/model/188131/defender_heels__pair_.html?gid=mg, and I'm sure there's another sword available on shapeways... :lol:

That sword looks like a modded Drift sword.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303552)
Posted by zodconvoy on October 21st, 2011 @ 12:31pm CDT
Awww. I thought Fansprojects were putting out the set the same way they did it for City Commander.

You got my hopes up... :sad:
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303565)
Posted by donnie_707 on October 21st, 2011 @ 12:54pm CDT
FP needs to make another run for all their toys......getting their stuff off the second market aint cheap!
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303597)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 21st, 2011 @ 2:01pm CDT
Hmm. If it's super cheap I might go for this, but only for like $10, and the heels have to store in both vehicle modes.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303635)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 21st, 2011 @ 3:13pm CDT
Provided the new pieces integrate fully with all the modes I'll definately get this. Always felt the sword/rotor blade was a little on the small side, plus I don't like how the two halves of the sword don't hold tightly together.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303643)
Posted by alternator77 on October 21st, 2011 @ 3:33pm CDT
almost spit up my coffee >:oP am i the only one who thought this was an armor to make him bigger :lol:

ill have to pass though hes fine just as he is in my book ;)^
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303661)
Posted by Forgotten on October 21st, 2011 @ 4:08pm CDT
If the quality is on par with the quality of Springer.....Uhm I mean Warbot, then I will definitely buy this. Since I have not bought the Shapeways heel spurs or the Reprolabels sticker sheet. If it comes with a sticker of the Half & Half Insignia pictured I would really like that. Especially since the evil repaint is supposed to be released in the next few months. :CON: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303685)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 21st, 2011 @ 5:18pm CDT
Looks like it could be pretty cool. The scimtar blade that came with springer is cool, but its almost too curvy for the tottaly boxy springer.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303688)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 21st, 2011 @ 5:27pm CDT
Well, I like his sword already, I have him kneeling and he doesn't need stickers. So... tea, anyone?
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303700)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 21st, 2011 @ 5:48pm CDT
I'm not completely sold but if it's nice when it comes out and really cheap, ill pick it up.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303704)
Posted by Blackstreak on October 21st, 2011 @ 5:57pm CDT
I didn't think my Defender needed an upgrade kit. He stands just fine on his own and the sword is cool enough. I'll be passing on this one.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303722)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 21st, 2011 @ 6:39pm CDT
A third party product for a third party product?

This I gotta see. /:)
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303790)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 21st, 2011 @ 9:32pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:A third party product for a third party product?

This I gotta see. /:)

It's happened before.
Re: Potential Upgrade Set for FansProject Defender (1303791)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 21st, 2011 @ 9:33pm CDT
Those heels are a Shapeways product. I have a set and they do wonders for his stability. The rest of this "kit" is an easy pass for me though. I couldn't care less about the stickers and he already comes with a nice sword that works for his copter mode as intended.
:BOT:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Megatron & Grimlock - NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY