Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2

Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2

Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 9:25am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Press Releases, Digital Media News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 26,327

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

IDW has just updated their "New releases" section with a preview of the second issue of the new Beast Wars Sourcebook.

Check out Torca gracing the cover as well as profiles for Elephorca, Fractyl, BWII Galvatron and Gigastorm by clicking here.

The issue is scheduled for release tomorrow, October 31st!

Credit(s): IDWpublishing.com


This article was last modified on Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 9:39am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (430995)
Posted by Starscream on October 30th, 2007 @ 9:50am CDT
YIKES!!! They actually used SAND in the layout of this book!
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (431001)
Posted by Archanubis on October 30th, 2007 @ 9:52am CDT
I hope they do a better job of coloring with this book than they did the first issue.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (431088)
Posted by Psychout on October 30th, 2007 @ 10:29am CDT
So Gigastorm is just a (~partial~) repaint of Trypticon?
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (431142)
Posted by Scaleface on October 30th, 2007 @ 10:56am CDT
What's with Fractyl's bio being in complete opposition to his story from Botcon? He's supposed to be a maximal protoform who was turned into a Predacon by Megatron, but then he was so useless in combat he was never seen in the TV series. Now he's a Predacon from Cybertron?
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (431192)
Posted by Galvatronus on October 30th, 2007 @ 11:20am CDT
Scaleface wrote:What's with Fractyl's bio being in complete opposition to his story from Botcon? He's supposed to be a maximal protoform who was turned into a Predacon by Megatron, but then he was so useless in combat he was never seen in the TV series. Now he's a Predacon from Cybertron?


They never said they would use the BotCon stories, just the characters.

I am loving the cover with Torca. Galvatron doesn't llok that bad but the art, for the most part, is still a little disappointing. Haven't read any of the preview bios yet. I'll just wait til tomorrow and save the eye strain. :grin:
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (431353)
Posted by AxiomScion on October 30th, 2007 @ 1:12pm CDT
Galvatron Primal wrote:
Scaleface wrote:What's with Fractyl's bio being in complete opposition to his story from Botcon? He's supposed to be a maximal protoform who was turned into a Predacon by Megatron, but then he was so useless in combat he was never seen in the TV series. Now he's a Predacon from Cybertron?


They never said they would use the BotCon stories, just the characters.

I am loving the cover with Torca. Galvatron doesn't llok that bad but the art, for the most part, is still a little disappointing. Haven't read any of the preview bios yet. I'll just wait til tomorrow and save the eye strain. :grin:
:sad: my eyes... i should have waited...

The strain was too much by the time i got through Fractyls weakness and abilities section, (i don't know why i read them from bottom to top) so i'll squint at his Bio tommorrow.

I'm wondering if fuzors will be labeled as there dominant animal doner or as a hybrid. Elephorca, the blendtron repaint of Torca, is labels and elephant but obviously lacks a trunk and looks just like the killer whale/ elephant fuzor featured in the picture above.

I'm not that excited after seeing Galvatron either... :(
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (431393)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 30th, 2007 @ 1:36pm CDT
They also label Elephorca as a hulking idiot, while his Japaness bio makes him out to be the smartest of the Blendtrons. :?
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (431833)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 30th, 2007 @ 5:42pm CDT
For all the supposed time and effort Yee and Furman put into this book, they sure made alot of "mistakes" and created even more character inconsistencies.

Art looks to be better this time around, hopefully there will be very little Ruffalo art.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (431849)
Posted by Scaleface on October 30th, 2007 @ 5:46pm CDT
Caelus wrote:They also label Elephorca as a hulking idiot, while his Japaness bio makes him out to be the smartest of the Blendtrons. :?


He's idiot with a 9 out of 10 Intelligence. Sadly I think the writers were only at 4 out of 10 when they wrote his entry.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432106)
Posted by Tripredacus agent on October 30th, 2007 @ 8:33pm CDT
I might be missing something but how can BW Galvatron be named after the herald of Unicron when the IDW Galvatron is a separate entity not related to ol' horn head and Furman has said that the dead universe is something else entirely ?
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432139)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 30th, 2007 @ 8:53pm CDT
Tripredacus agent wrote:I might be missing something but how can BW Galvatron be named after the herald of Unicron when the IDW Galvatron is a separate entity not related to ol' horn head and Furman has said that the dead universe is something else entirely ?


Well, seeing as the Ark from the G1 Cartoon/Comic appears in the IDW Beast Wars comics, I would assume that it is in continuity with that universe rather than in continuity with IDW's ongoing series.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432153)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 30th, 2007 @ 9:06pm CDT
Archanubis wrote:I hope they do a better job of coloring with this book than they did the first issue.


Nope. Ryall pretty much admitted himself that this issue, along with #1, fell through the cracks (though how that's possible given the year long grace period they had continues to amaze me).

i_amtrunks wrote:For all the supposed time and effort Yee and Furman put into this book, they sure made alot of "mistakes" and created even more character inconsistencies.


Indeed. And if there was any real doubt about it, Fractyl's bio pretty much killed it to the point where not even immediate CPR can bring it back.

At least they didn't resort to making BWII Galvatron G1 Galvatron, just doing what they did with Megs. But, in doing so, it's really noting more than derivative and thus a small, small postive against the dark sea of negative.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432181)
Posted by Scaleface on October 30th, 2007 @ 9:19pm CDT
Tripredacus agent wrote:I might be missing something but how can BW Galvatron be named after the herald of Unicron when the IDW Galvatron is a separate entity not related to ol' horn head and Furman has said that the dead universe is something else entirely ?


Beast Wars doesn't take place in the IDW G1 - as the Ark wasn't stranded on earth 4 million years ago. It's the Marvel/Animated/Dreamwave or Devil's Due G1 - all had a crashed Ark with Optimus and Megatron on it.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432259)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 30th, 2007 @ 10:13pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:
Tripredacus agent wrote:I might be missing something but how can BW Galvatron be named after the herald of Unicron when the IDW Galvatron is a separate entity not related to ol' horn head and Furman has said that the dead universe is something else entirely ?


Beast Wars doesn't take place in the IDW G1 - as the Ark wasn't stranded on earth 4 million years ago. It's the Marvel/Animated/Dreamwave or Devil's Due G1 - all had a crashed Ark with Optimus and Megatron on it.


I think that the Beast Wars Comics tie into the Beast Wars show, and thus the G1 Cartoon continuation. IDW G1-verse is no relation.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432268)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 30th, 2007 @ 10:19pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:I think that the Beast Wars Comics tie into the Beast Wars show, and thus the G1 Cartoon continuation. IDW G1-verse is no relation.


Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to be. Then again, does it really matter anymore?
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432375)
Posted by Damolisher on October 31st, 2007 @ 12:13am CDT
Yeah, these sourcebooks are kinda stupid though, since Furman can't seem to make his mind up whether he's talking about a character in the past or present tense.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432406)
Posted by Hitokiri Recca on October 31st, 2007 @ 12:49am CDT
At least they made the attempt at this sourcebook. Which is more than we can say for Dreamwave as Pat Lee jipped everyone with his "use the money on me and screw the artists and comic fans" mentality
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432846)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 31st, 2007 @ 8:27am CDT
Hitokiri Recca wrote:At least they made the attempt at this sourcebook. Which is more than we can say for Dreamwave as Pat Lee jipped everyone with his "use the money on me and screw the artists and comic fans" mentality


Except that it appears that IDW is using the money for them and screwing the artists and comic fans, albiet in a different way.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432858)
Posted by Leonardo on October 31st, 2007 @ 8:41am CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Hitokiri Recca wrote:At least they made the attempt at this sourcebook. Which is more than we can say for Dreamwave as Pat Lee jipped everyone with his "use the money on me and screw the artists and comic fans" mentality


Except that it appears that IDW is using the money for them and screwing the artists and comic fans, albiet in a different way.


Harsh!

As for continuity, I'm not sure it matters. Everything in Transformers can be explained by parallel universes and The Ultimate Guide. Fact. Not scientific fact, mind you, or even actual fact but fact none-the-less.
Re: Preview of IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook Issue #2 (432863)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 31st, 2007 @ 8:46am CDT
Leonardo wrote:Harsh!


Yes, it's harsh. But it's also true.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MORBOT Race Car Grey Purple" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY