Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector

Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector

Monday, April 19th, 2010 10:47am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 40,006

After the prolong silence regarding the progress of Fansproject's Protector, finally we are treated with some new images of the highly anticipated upgrade set for your Classics/Henkei Rodimus.

Fansproject has just updated their website with the new prototype images of Protector. Other than the alternate mode, we get to see first time Protector in robot mode (combined with Rodimus).

Check out the original link here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): Sodan-1, Prime Evil

This article was last modified on Monday, April 19th, 2010 10:54am CDT

Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065888)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 19th, 2010 @ 10:51am CDT
He's got the touch! He's got the power!

A definate must-buy! The proportions in robot mode are kinda odd with the addition of the armor, but not in a terrible way and definately no worse than what we've seen on regular TFs.

It looks like the main release will be for the Henkei version. Which is fine since I have both Hasbro's and takara's Hot Rod!
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065889)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 19th, 2010 @ 10:54am CDT
Hey.

Hey now.

That looks hella good.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065890)
Posted by It Is Him on April 19th, 2010 @ 10:57am CDT
This deserves applause. And my money.

Good work Fansproject.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065891)
Posted by Elvaan on April 19th, 2010 @ 10:58am CDT
About freaking time.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065892)
Posted by First-Aid on April 19th, 2010 @ 10:59am CDT
Wow. I am very picky with my money since I am unemployed (thank you Health Care Bill for that) but DAMN...if this looks as good when it is colored, I am SO buying it.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065894)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:02am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Oh snap! I posted a message about this at the exact same time as yourself.

I know right. Looks like the exact time stamp! Hehe.

Now I want preorders for this to open up...NOW!! OK, Fans Project...please just chill with the awesomeness that are your toys and figures. (just for like a lil) My wallet is asking for a separation and I'm doing everything in my powers to not lose it. Oh what the hell...I'ma lock it up and put a lil ball and chain on it...that'll learn it!
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065895)
Posted by Mach on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:03am CDT

Last week, i was thinking i need to get myself a Henkei Rodimus, due to that i want to pose Rodimus (hot rod) with Henkei version, and the classics Rodimus with the armor to become Rodimus Prime (Protector).

Yeah i got Henkei Rodimus, and this news.....

Sometimes you cant deny your six sense.... :grin:
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065897)
Posted by Forgotten on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:05am CDT
Pretty damn sweet. I can't really find much wrong with it. But since I need to scrutinize, wish it would have had a bit more bulk to it. Ya know? It's nowhere near as beefy as I figured it would be. Of course with color detail done it will probably look far more filled out. Everything's better with FansProject! :KREMZEEK: Now make me a little Kremzeek that lights up, & folds up into an electric spark ball. =P~
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065899)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:07am CDT
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065901)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:12am CDT
That is frakkin' sweet! I can't wait for this. The only way to make that more awesome would be to have Judd Nelson photobombing the pictures!
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065904)
Posted by --B-- on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:17am CDT
I'm assuming the final head will not have that G1 Bumblebee-ish "plate" in the back, and that it is going to be trimmed down for the final.

I am surprised that the robot mode doesn't have a larger set of "fins" and it using the Rodimus ones.

I picked up an extra Classics Rodimus for this during the Bruticus craze and put a set of reprolabels on my original Classics Rodimus, so I'll be set!
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065905)
Posted by Samsonator on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:18am CDT
Fantastic! I've been waiting for this since it was first announced. Best news all day!
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065909)
Posted by Blurrz on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:22am CDT
Hello Nursebot.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065910)
Posted by HighPrime on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:23am CDT
Mach wrote:I bought Classic Rodimus way back when FP announced the Protector..... Then no news....

Yeah i got Henkei Rodimus, and this news.....

Sometimes you cant deny your six sense.... :grin:

I did the exact same thing when the news first broke about this what seems like over a year ago. I had Henkei Rodimus, then the news, bought Classics Rodimus in preparation of this to display :)

Finally! Can't wait for this one :KREMZEEK: I wonder if he'll include a Matrix... I hope so.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065911)
Posted by Cheetron on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:23am CDT
Depending on the price, I'm saying yea! that looks good.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065917)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:36am CDT
Yesssssss. So glad I picked up Henkei Hot Rod. Guess I can actually open him now. Assuming we're going to see this around September and cannot wait.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065919)
Posted by It Is Him on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:38am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:For those that have both Classics Rodimus and Henkei Rodimus, I think it'll be best to use Classics Rodimus in this. The armor will hide his inferior chest plate and you won't scratch the chrome when in vehicle mode.

For once, I agree. Everyone should expunge Henkei Rodimus from their collections and send them to me. :twisted:
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065920)
Posted by Valandar on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:40am CDT
And am I the only one who thinks them using the missile area to extend the gun into a really much more rifle looking gun is a stroke of genius?
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065921)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:42am CDT
It Is Him wrote:

But the cool kids will use their Henkei Rodimus as Hot Rod and put him in front of their Rodimus Prime figures. This will show the evolution of the character into the not so beloved leader.
Re: Prototype Images Of Fansproject Protector (1065922)
Posted by DavidT on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:46am CDT
Yay! Rodimus will finally be taller!!!

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure MOSC New!! RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro - Transformers Generations - Combiner Wars - Trailbreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS - Generations Combiner Wars -AUTOBOT HOUND Figure -Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2016 Beast Wars Terrorsaur Combiner Exclusive New Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron Class Impactor Autobot Decepticon" on EBAY