Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction

Real Life Jazz?  Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 12:51pm CST

Categories: Event News, Collectables, Auctions
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 52,394

Wondering how to spend that inheritance, college fund or lottery winnings? Here's a thought... This is the first one — chassis #930-570-0001- 1976 Porsche 935 Team Martini and Rossi racecar. This is the car Generation 1 Jazz was designed to emulate. This "repaint" if you will, features no air conditioning, radio, power steering, brakes, windows, or seats. But it does have an estimated 600+ horsepower. The item is up for bids this weekend with bidding expected to hit 1.7 - 2 Million dollars. Yes, a $2,000,000.00 G1 Jazz is pricey, but even the most hardcore, G1 purist would have a tough time finding fault in this work of art. Although, no Autobot insignia or Rub sign will be included.

Check out this Masterpiece and other Porsches for sale at Wired.com

Credit(s): wired.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 3:22pm CST

Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355859)
Posted by Kibble on March 7th, 2012 @ 1:00pm CST
One question...is that inspired by Jazz or is Jazz inspired by that?
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355860)
Posted by TimothyR on March 7th, 2012 @ 1:02pm CST
that is soo damn cool. if i were filthy rich.. i'd collect as many real life transformers cars that i could.
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355861)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 7th, 2012 @ 1:02pm CST
Kibble wrote:One question...is that inspired by Jazz or is Jazz inspired by that?

Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355867)
Posted by MarkNL on March 7th, 2012 @ 1:19pm CST
It's him! IT'S HIM! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355869)
Posted by It Is Him on March 7th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CST
Mark(NL) wrote:It's him! IT'S HIM! :BOWDOWN:

You rang?
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355872)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on March 7th, 2012 @ 1:30pm CST

Wheeljack- Lancia Stratos Rally car (wikipedia the Lancia Stratos and you will see it)

Smokescreen- modeled after the Electramotive team's founder Don Devendorf, except his car was #83 not 38 (google electramotive racing team and go to images)

Just a few fun facts, nice find by the way Jason!!! If only I had that kind of fundage!
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355874)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 7th, 2012 @ 1:34pm CST
Mmm that porsche is so gorgeous... mmm..... =P~
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355875)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 7th, 2012 @ 1:34pm CST
AutobotMR2 wrote:Some of the Transformers were based on actual racing cars..Jazz for one as shown above, but here are a couple of others:

Don't forget Mirage! SOOOO, you're from Wilmington, the Land of Cheap G1's.... interesting.
imagesljh.jpg
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355878)
Posted by G1 Legacy on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:01pm CST
:shock: Wow, this made my day. Cool, I've always known that the car Jazz was based on had existed in the 70's (I had seen it archived on a Porsche website years ago) but I was under the impression that it had long since been disassembled or atleast modified to appear different than this. Glad to see it still kicking around. I have no doubt that it'll go for atleast a million at auction if not more. This brings back so many memories of my original Jazz figure.
I remember seeing him for the first time in K-mart as a kid and wanting one, and I ended up ordering one with that mailaway offer that Cookie Crisp cereal came out with in the mid 80's. Jazz was the only figure they offered but that was fine by me. I would come home from school everyday expecting a package for weeks and it finally arrived and I ended up putting alot of miles on that thing in the dirt in our backyard...oh if I had only known what I was doing back then. Then, 15 years later I was excited again to see his Takara re-release and bought one MIB at a comic shop for $40 bucks (that was alot for me at the time, keep in mind this was before the age of $100 dollar figures in that size class so that was the most I had payed for a G1 figure back then) but it's gone up in value since then. And a few years after that I was glad to see Toys R Us also re-release him in their Classics series. I remeber I bought 5 or 6 of them that year, by then I had disposable income so I did it just because I could. Sorry I'm rambling. Ahhhh memories...

I love me some G1!!! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355881)
Posted by Kibble on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:29pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:This car went into prototyping stages in late '74. Jazz was inspired by THIS. Original Jazz (not reissues or Encores) actually feature the Martini brand.

I knew that much...what I didn't know was if the whole deco: the stripes, colors, the number 4 and all, who borrowed from whom. No surprise Hasbro lifted it. Now then, let's get back to discussing how shady those 3rd Party bastards are with their IP thieving ways!
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355884)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:31pm CST
I knew I should've bought a lottery ticket today.
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355885)
Posted by G1 Legacy on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:32pm CST
ADDITIONAL COMMENT: It would be nice if someone from the TF community could purchase this for public appearences at events like Botcon etc but lets face it, the likelihood of THAT happening is practically zilch.

Chances are whoever buys it will no doubt have no idea of it's connection to Transformers lore. Somebody like Jerry Sienfeld will probobly end up getting it, he's a huge Porsche fanatic. I've been wanting to combine my automotive restoration hobby and love for G1 Transformers togetheir for years now, so I could drive accurate replicas to conventions and stuff, I got motivated even more especially after seeing Motormaster at Botcon in 2010. But I want my projects to be as accurate to the cartoon and toys as possible, and even though Jazz was one of the first figure I thought up, I just knew he would be too expensive of a project to get off the ground. It would be easier to track down a Fairlady-Z donor car than a custom Porshe 911 based track car. Oh well. I'm currently working on a G1 Bumblebee first and we'll see what goes from there.

:BOT:
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355891)
Posted by jgilkinson on March 7th, 2012 @ 2:42pm CST
:shock: that is the coolest car I have ever seen
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355900)
Posted by Blackstreak on March 7th, 2012 @ 3:17pm CST
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355902)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on March 7th, 2012 @ 3:20pm CST
Can anyone lend me a couple of Mill'? =P~
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355904)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 7th, 2012 @ 3:23pm CST
Blackstreak wrote:I even put my porch on sale too! :KREMZEEK: Hell, I'll even sell the patio and balcony. Who's buying?

haha, right! :oops: I don't know what you're talking about :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355922)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 7th, 2012 @ 4:19pm CST
No RUBSIGN???? Deal-breaker right there. Pass! ;) :lol:
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355927)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 7th, 2012 @ 4:43pm CST
I wonder if they'll take checks post-dated for 2050 because I WANT this thing! Even if I can't fit my goddamn giant ass into the seat! I. WANT. THIS. CAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!

:BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355929)
Posted by alldarker on March 7th, 2012 @ 4:55pm CST
Someone should buy this, and then repaint it into Stepper.

Don't forget to drill that hole for the Targetmaster too!
Re: Real Life Jazz? Amazing Lot of Porsches Going to Auction (1355937)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 7th, 2012 @ 5:21pm CST
=P~ =P~ =P~

Jazz has been one of my favorites for a long time, and I'm also into vintage race cars. I would just love to see that thing in real life, let alone own it. :D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Megatronus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Liege Maximo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Chromia, Arcee, and Elita-1 Figures NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix WFC Deluxe Class Elita-1 Walmart Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY