Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor

Sunday, January 9th, 2011 9:55PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 63,323

Credit(s): allspark_toys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167567)
Posted by El Duque on January 9th, 2011 @ 10:04pm CST
Oh how it pains me that not only did I miss out on Wildrider, but also Shadow Syther.

I can't help but see a cheesy smile whenever I look at the secondary faceplate.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167569)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 9th, 2011 @ 10:10pm CST
Where does the scythe go in alt mode?
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167580)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on January 9th, 2011 @ 11:00pm CST
I've got to admit, I like this black repaint!

Cool add on product.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167603)
Posted by Cshen on January 10th, 2011 @ 2:28am CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Where does the scythe go in alt mode?

The same place Sidearm goes in Alt Mode maybe?
With the answer to that being "Doesn't look like it attaches anywhere that I know of."
Might be able to stick the scythe pieces inside the trailer, albeit without being attached to anything.

Anyways, Loving the Silver Face for this one, compared to Rodimus'.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167609)
Posted by Shadowstream on January 10th, 2011 @ 3:23am CST
I saw pics of this set a couple of days ago comparing it on SG Rodimus and Wildrider, and I find it pretty neat how the colors seem to work for one or the other in slightly different ways, almost to the point where it might be a travesty to not to have both Wildrider and SG Rodimus to display with it! Since I have neither one, I guess it doesn't matter.

Also

this scene makes more sense now.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167610)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 10th, 2011 @ 3:28am CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:More images of Shadow Scyther have been posted, this time in robot mode. They were attached to an ebay auction for the armor set. Secondary market prices on Shadow Scyther, Shattered Glass Rodimus and Henkei Wildrider have really shot through the roof. These images show us both faces.

"If I were a rich man..."
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167673)
Posted by First-Aid on January 10th, 2011 @ 9:31am CST
This is a cool set...much better paint job than the Protector armor I think...

That being said, this may be a horrible business decision on their part. This armor was designed for Shattered Glass Rodimus...however, the number of figures produced of that character is EXTREMELY small compared to the potential sales base of Rodimus (Henkei and Hasbro). They could make a serious mistake if they make as many of these armors as they do Protectors as tons of product will sit in warehouse because there simply aren't as many SG Rodimus figs as regular ones. Hope this doesn't bite them in the ass.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167675)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 10th, 2011 @ 9:32am CST
First-Aid wrote:This is a cool set...much better paint job than the Protector armor I think...

The set was limited to 600 pieces. 300 to TFSource, 300 to RobotKingdom.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167678)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on January 10th, 2011 @ 9:53am CST
He looks Awesome I love the fact that he has 2 faces Wish i Had the Black Rodimus then I could buy this. =P~
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167685)
Posted by Nemesis251 on January 10th, 2011 @ 10:10am CST
Were these pics altered? Look at the red on the center of the helmet.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167725)
Posted by dirkmagirk1 on January 10th, 2011 @ 11:26am CST
i thought it was a huge risk buying wildrider for this set but now seeing it i think i made the best decision, although it does also look good with sg roddy also..im just glad i didnt waste the $300 on a would be $150 dollar figure
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167752)
Posted by Blurrz on January 10th, 2011 @ 11:56am CST
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167763)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 10th, 2011 @ 12:27pm CST
Blurrz wrote:After looking at Scyther, I've kind of lost my excitement in the figure. For the cost of getting this on the secondary market, I just don't feel that it's worth it. Doesn't look as bad ass as I thought it would be, the Scythe's serrated teeth look off. So I'll stick with MG Gundam Deathscythe..

Video chat on the next Podcast. I'll just waive Shadow Scythe around until you change your Canadian mind.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167766)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 10th, 2011 @ 12:34pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:

Oh I so want in on that! :grin:
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167773)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 10th, 2011 @ 1:00pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:

You could send him my way for a week :).

Really bummed I missed out on this set. Yeah, i could go with white/silver hands instead of red but the red face looks amazing!
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167775)
Posted by bvzxa on January 10th, 2011 @ 1:09pm CST

If you see how much this has been going for since they released the preorder you should be glad you got one at $100...which my cost was $94. :grin:

This was the cheapest:
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167776)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 10th, 2011 @ 1:11pm CST
bvzxa wrote:I should get mine next week. They holding mine for me because I pay for my orders :grin:

This was the cheapest:

I can't believe the prices on Shattered Glass Rodimus. I saw an auction end at $612.99.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167816)
Posted by Blurrz on January 10th, 2011 @ 3:13pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:

You're a total dousche, you know that, right?
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167829)
Posted by puttster3 on January 10th, 2011 @ 3:57pm CST
Blurrz wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

You're a total dousche, you know that, right?

Since when do they care?

I must admit though that I also don't think too highly of the red fists, would of been nice if it came with extras so you could swap to your taste, though personally I think the left hand shouldn't be there at all :)

The Rodimus face does look as if he was powered up though, as if his mustache even became armour.
Re: Robot Mode Images of Fansproject Shadow Scyther Armor (1167973)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 10th, 2011 @ 10:54pm CST
Blurrz wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

You're a total dousche, you know that, right?

I've heard rumors...