Transformers News: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus

Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 9:09AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Game News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,109

It has been a long time we didnt get new toy reveals through the Robots in Disguise App. It seems it is making up for lost time sinc we finally have our first look at not just 1, or 2, but 3 combiners:
Ultra Bee, Menasor and (hold onto your buts) Galvatronus!

There are also new Combiners/Activators: Soundwave & Torpedo Laserbeak (which we have already seen in toy form) and Optimus Prime & High Test.

We also finally see Dragbreak (which looks pretty much as you would expect), as well as Lunar Force Primestrong and Shocknado, which both appear to be redecos.

Let us know what you think of the designs. Remember that the combiners have been found to be at the 30$-35$ price point so that may explain why they look like simplified transforming toys with no individual robot modes, more along the power rangers zord concept.

Hopefulyl we will get a better look at these this coming saturday at the 2017 New York Toy Fair.

Credit(s): snakas blog

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859685)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:19am CST

Though, look closely at Galvatronus's arms. Don't they look kinda like blue-colored Vehicons?
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859686)
Posted by william-james88 on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:21am CST
Sabrblade wrote:So, Galvatronus could be Cyclonus's endgame, using his mind control powers to not only manipulate the Council, but to also make himself a combiner. My theory, at least.

Wouldnt be the first time they reuse that character model in this show.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859688)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:22am CST

They are! jet vehicons tbh >:oP
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859692)
Posted by Cobotron on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:28am CST

Maybe mildly disappointed that they are not more in line with Warrior toys, but I was also pleasantly satisfied with Primestrong. The gimmick reminds me of the old days.

Hope they show these this weekend.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859693)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:29am CST
We could be looking at something more along the lines of the Power Core Combiners.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859696)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:32am CST
Menasor, Bee Combiner & Cyclonus will deffo be there, dunno about the rest?
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859697)
Posted by william-james88 on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:35am CST
Cobotron wrote:This news certainly has me wondering how these toys will work. The torsos on the bigger Combiners, and the fact that they have crash in their name, lead me to believe they will be closer to the two bot Combiners we've already seen with a similar gimmick. But I'm wondering how those arms will work. Any speculation?

Plenty. I smell Powr Core Combienrs all over. So it would be a car and when you plug it, it turns into an arm. Or you hae to do a simple transformation into an arm, like power ranger zords.

I am sure kids will love this.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859699)
Posted by Cobotron on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:41am CST
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859701)
Posted by RAR on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:43am CST
So it's interesting to not that the Activator Combiner Bumblebee has the Stealthforce mode and the 3 step seems to be stuck in that mode and doesn't even have the ability to fold up into a proper car at all. just as Optimus' new 3 step can not fold it's guns away.

So it seem the Activator Combiner Optimus is very like the 3-step just like is the case with Bumblebee too where the 3-step and Activator combiner are also very similar.

I'd wish they'd done a few more new moulds before starting on the crash combiner repaints though. I'd not minded a Decepticon repaint at all but just a random colour change - I hope will at least reference something in the story to have an excuse to exist.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859702)
Posted by william-james88 on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:44am CST
Cobotron wrote:Oh! PCC. I could see that. Maybe that style of combining would offer up a little more articulation.

If there is automorphing, then you usually get less articulation. The PCC toys had no articulation :( (and neither do Power Ranger zords)
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859703)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:45am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Some zords and megazords of the past have had some kind of articulation.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859704)
Posted by kurthy on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:46am CST
Wait, why would we hold on to our 'buts'? But I like the word 'but' even though there's nothing to hold on to, as 'but' is a conjunction, not a physical object like a cigarette butt.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859705)
Posted by Cobotron on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:47am CST
william-james88 wrote:

True, true. I was thinking of shoulder articulation mostly. These could be really good or really not. Only time can tell.

I agree too though that, "The kids will love'em". Oh the kids. :D

EDIT:
Sabrblade wrote:]Some zords and megazords of the past have had some kind of articulation.
Ya. Come to think of it, I have a few older ones with elbows.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859708)
Posted by Kurona on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:53am CST
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859710)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:55am CST
Kurona wrote:Galvatronus I can't say I was expecting... peeps are gonna hate me for this, but I'm kind of expecting Victorion now.

Aye but was that not a fan selected or fan created one though :-?
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859711)
Posted by RAR on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:55am CST

I would be shocked if the $35.00 Combiners are that well jointed. I'm sure they will be an interesting talking point though.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859713)
Posted by Kurona on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:57am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Aye but was that not a fan selected or fan created one though :-?

I say so because of the fan-created part - of the many things fans chose for Victorion (like her gender, faction, component vehicles etc.) was what her rival should be. And - while this has unfortunately barely shown up in fiction at all yet - the fans chose Galvatronus to be her rival.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859715)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on February 15th, 2017 @ 9:59am CST
While this is neat, and I'm excited to see the toys...those character models for the larger combiners look absolutely awful. :SICK:
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859716)
Posted by Cobotron on February 15th, 2017 @ 10:00am CST
RAR wrote:The mechanims in the PCC drones did inhibit motion and so cause a lack of functional elbows but they had fully mobile shoulders and some had opening hands. you can certainly pose them a lot they have waists, usually pretty mobile heads, knees, decent enough hips and so on.

Ya. They did have knees, and the ports as articulation worked pretty well. I know PCC was not well loved, but I think they are pretty neat toys. Toys being the key word.

I'm doubting these RID Combos will have knees.
Re: Robots in Disguise App Updates reveal New Characters and Toys Like Menasor and Galvatronus (1859717)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 15th, 2017 @ 10:04am CST
I hope they don't go all PCC, i can't remember if that pic we saw of Grimlock half transformed that would form the bottom half of the Bee Combiner has just two modes....his dinosaur & Bee's Combiner legs or if he has a robot mode :-?

If it's just the two....then it'll prob be all PCC like

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS ARMADA UNICRON w/ DEAD END MINI-CON FIGURE  Factory Sealed MIB - Time Remaining: 18 days 3 hours 57 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers G1 Takara Hasbro Original Figure Crosshairs Complete 1986 - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 4 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations War For Cybertron WFC Megatron FIGURE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 6 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Cyberfire Bumblebee - Time Remaining: 20 days 11 hours 13 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Armada Giga-Cons Tidal Wave + Ramjet Hasbro robot toy 2003 complete - Time Remaining: 25 days 3 hours 15 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Universe Optimus Primal 2003 with CD-ROM NIB Beast - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 16 minutes 28 seconds
Takara Transformers Galaxy Force Cybertron GC-10 Nitro Convoy Override Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 16 minutes 38 seconds
HASBRO@Mi Transformers Special Version Sonic Toy Gold Version NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 18 minutes 1 second
Website Security Test