Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer

Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer

Sunday, February 6th, 2011 10:08pm CST

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 83,749

In case you missed the main event for us Transformers fans earlier tonight, a new Dark of the Moon teaser trailer debuted during the 2nd quarter of the Super Bowl (which you can view here). For your viewing pleasure, we have posted a gallery showcasing every single moment you could want to see from the 30 second clip. Check out all 213 screen captures by clicking on one of the images below or by clicking here.

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 6th, 2011 10:13pm CST

Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178560)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:15pm CST
I'm so stoked for this movie!
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178562)
Posted by Mixmaster-911 on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:20pm CST
I saw some large images of that bot in the upper right background when Prime is flying in with his jet pack. I do think it's Shockwave. It's slightly purple, single eye, arm looks the same as the toy. I'd bet it's him.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178564)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:28pm CST
YRQRM0 wrote:It's kinda sad how you see 3 recycled models in just one shot...but still....looks amazing!

On the plus side they're just there to get slagged by Optimus.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178567)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:31pm CST
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178568)
Posted by Seibertron on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:38pm CST
g2grimmy64 wrote:looks to be at least a nice epic "BANG!" to end Bay's butchery of the franchise with. I might've been able to get more pumped for it if it wasn't for WHATEVER THE HELL THAT TOOTH-GRINDING SOUND WAS throughout the spot...

Just goes to show you that you can't please all of the people all of the time. To me, that music/sound is awesome. I've watched the trailer over a dozen times now. Can't get enough of it.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178569)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:40pm CST
Cluttered and too action-packed... But I still like it!
Also, is that Sentinel Prime in alt mode at the bottom of the screen when Prime flies over the battle?
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178571)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:47pm CST
Autobot Megatron wrote:Cluttered and too action-packed... But I still like it!

It seems to be a firetruck
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178572)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:48pm CST
What I mean with Barricade & The Twins I meant that the new Dragon Bot could be a new Character as with the Twins & Barricade were 1st introduced with Barricade in movie-1 and the Twins in movie 2.

I am still unsure if the red Ferrari is going to be Rodimus or Hot Rod whatever his name will be. It also could be a new charatcer also so the same can be said with the Blue-Benz.

I am so stoked for this movie I cant wait for more updates and more new trailers bring it on Mr. Bay I know you will deliver and make a killer story and a killer ending.

For now I will be just watching Prime which looks equally as awesome with new characters such as Sky Quake and re-introducing of older character such as Wheel Jack, Skywarp, Thundercracker and Jet Fire I hope these dont all look like Starscream but more cooler with cool designs.

I also hope in the episode called "Convoy" that Jet Fire is brought in remember in Armada he and Jet Fire made Jet Convoy.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178573)
Posted by Seibertron on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:50pm CST
You know what I like about this scene ...

I used to eat lunch at that Corner Bakery restaurant in the background a couple of times a month when I worked in downtown Chicago, a whole block away from where that scene was shot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 9,,0,10.97

Hm ... or maybe not, I can't figure out which Corner Bakery this is downtown.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178574)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:50pm CST
Also there is a wierd underground Bot in the trailer also.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178575)
Posted by Wreckage42 on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:55pm CST
From my trailer analyzation I see Ironhide vs Dreads, Laserbeak, PRIME BUSTS A CAP IN BARRICADE LONGHAUL AND BRAWL :D
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178576)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:58pm CST
Lord Onixprime wrote:
Autobot Megatron wrote:Cluttered and too action-packed... But I still like it!

It seems to be a firetruck

Yeah, you're right. Just compared him to his toy image. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178577)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:58pm CST
Wow. Well, i'd like to see what Froneyzone has to say about this, because THIS IS FREAKING EPIC!!! I will LOVE THIS MOVIE.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178578)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:58pm CST
That flying thing has to be Laserbeak. Seeing how we've seen Frenzy and Ravage, Laserbeak would be a good choice for Soundwave minion #3.

As long as Optimus is kicking skidplate and taking faces, I am happy.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178579)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on February 6th, 2011 @ 11:00pm CST
I'm with everybody who thought that was awesome. Did exactly what I was hoping it'd do - show CG and overall get me pumped for the film.

And to "g2grimmy64:" from a creative standpoint, I believe the sound in the spot was supposed to evoke a "siren" / other "warning noise" feel. That would therefore enhance the on-the-edge-of-your-seat, get-into-the-frantic-pace-of-the-action-shots visuals, assuming it brought that to the forefront of your mind. Obviously it brings up different feels for every person based on their personality/raising and such. As the saying goes, you can't please (or in this case, entice/excite) everybody. People are too varied.

Anyone else think that "Audi" looked a bit too big, scale-wise, compared to Prime? 8-}
(It might be he's hunched over though.)
I'm glad Brawl's mesh made it back in the film, along with Long Haul. I want to see them again, plus another reason. Totally got me even more excited for Botcon too. Eeee.

:APPLAUSE:
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178585)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 6th, 2011 @ 11:04pm CST
I'm underwhelmed.

And that noise was obnoxious.

And as far as I can tell (from the screen caps) Prime's jet pack doesn't transform into anyone/anything - it just blinks out of existence. Which is a nice homage to G1 Prime's trailer I guess.

And looking at Prime's guns... well, now we see how the MechTech gimmick ties into the movie.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178586)
Posted by Blackstreak on February 6th, 2011 @ 11:11pm CST
Wow :shock: A dragon transformer! :KREMZEEK:
Of course all you critics out there will pick this trailer apart instead of just enjoying this as entertainment. I am ecstatic to see this movie now.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178587)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on February 6th, 2011 @ 11:12pm CST
Speculating about what Prime comes in on, whether it's jetfire parts or another bot, looking thru Ryan's screen caps it looks like the jetpack portion shares Prime's blue with red flames pattern. So I'm wondering if that means it's not another bot and just some kind of upgrade since it matches him so well.
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178591)
Posted by GetterDragun on February 6th, 2011 @ 11:14pm CST
Joetx wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH SSSHHHHIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!! A F($&*CKIN DRAGON TRANSFORMER!!!!!!

You do know of Transmetal II Megatron, right?

You do know this isn't BeastWars, right?
Re: Screen captures from TF3 Dark of the Moon Super Bowl trailer (1178595)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on February 6th, 2011 @ 11:31pm CST
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the dragon-former IS Prime's jetpack/trailer?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage loose Deluxe 2007 incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge & Pesticons New" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Revenge of the Fallen RotF Stalker Scorponok Deluxe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Prime Arms Micron Jet Vehicon Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix 3-Pack Hotlink Heartburn Heatstroke" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage Deluxe 2007 w/ Swords Great Condition " on EBAY