Friday, July 10th, 2015 9:39am CDT

Categories: Event News, Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 44,135

While we have already seen the gameplay trailer for the upcoming Transformers: Devastation videogame, Activision have also sent along their official press release from San Diego Comic Con 2015 - which also features some additional artwork for the various platforms it'll be released for. Check it all out below, including the trailer once again. Because robots.

Transformers News: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images

Hello!

Today at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Activision Publishing, Inc. and developer PlatinumGames Inc. released a new gameplay trailer for their upcoming third-person action-brawler, TRANSFORMERS: Devastation. Blasting off with a showdown between cosmic rivals, this new in-game footage puts the heavy metal clash of the heroic AUTOBOTS and insidious DECEPTICONS front and center with explosive cel-shaded detail.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation brings Hasbro’s converting robot titans to life with classic Generations styling and modern attitude. This new trailer highlights four of the five playable heroes in the game – OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, SIDESWIPE and WHEELJACK – as well as notorious foes like MEGATRON, STARSCREAM and the towering combiner, DEVASTATOR. Whether leaping into vehicle form to ram enemies at high speed or juggling them in mid-air with a flurry of blinding-fast combos, the dynamic action of TRANSFORMERS: Devastation is so close it’s personal.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation is expected to launch later this year on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC via Steam. For the latest updates until then, please visit www.TransformersGame.com and www.facebook.com/TransformersGame.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com, or by following @Activision.

About PlatinumGames Inc.

PlatinumGames Inc. is an independent entertainment developer based in Osaka, Japan, dedicated to making high-quality, next-generation games for a variety of hardware platforms. Under the slogan “Taking on the World as the Representative of Japan,” PlatinumGames works hard to deliver fresh surprises and new experiences to gamers all over the world. Official website: www.platinumgames.com

About Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. The Company’s Hasbro Studios creates entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. Learn more at www.hasbro.com and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews).

Credit(s): Activision

Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708398)
Posted by steve2275 on July 10th, 2015 @ 10:05am CDT
looks pretty good
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708404)
Posted by JazZeke on July 10th, 2015 @ 10:20am CDT
Looks like I just might have to get this for my PC.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708424)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2015 @ 11:04am CDT
Emerje wrote:I really wish Grimlock wasn't so small. In the video they're showing during the IGN interview he's smaller than the Constructicons when he should be towering over them. Too bad, I can see that getting annoying.

Emerje
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708464)
Posted by talisac on July 10th, 2015 @ 12:13pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708467)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 10th, 2015 @ 12:18pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:You seen the other videos? Grimlock's size is fine (he's still bigger than Optimus). It's the Constructicons who are all gigantic in this game.

Just like his CW toy. :lol:
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708470)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 10th, 2015 @ 12:30pm CDT

That logo still looks cheap though. Why can't they use the classic shaded original Transformers logo for that extra nostalgia?
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708471)
Posted by Wheeljack808 on July 10th, 2015 @ 12:36pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:eh. I might get it. I want to play as Grimlock (as log as he's proper badass Grimlock unlike season 3's Robo-Barney). Am no fan of the cartoon but this looks a lot more enjoyable than WfC and FoC ever were.

Really people? This is unheard of levels of awesome and all you can do is sit there and complain about the LOGO!?!?

Whatever, I'm buying and playing the crap out of this game. I mean I already was going to when they first announced it...now with all these other characters including GRIMLOCK!!! Voiced by BERGER!!! :BOWDOWN: I'm drowning in excitement over this. :APPLAUSE: :BOT: :CON: :APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708532)
Posted by Shadowman on July 10th, 2015 @ 2:51pm CDT
talisac wrote:Since this will be on 360 and ps3 it will be a port over to pc and next gen. meaning it wont be a next gen game. don't buy this at the 59.99 price range. All of our retool/repaint money is paying for this game and a new cartoon series

Or the other way around. You ever try playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS3? Imagine they took the PS4 game, set all the graphics to low...and called it a day.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708534)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 10th, 2015 @ 3:04pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708536)
Posted by carytheone on July 10th, 2015 @ 3:09pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Has anyone heard or said anything about the possibility of in-house multiplayer? Because that would be amazing.

Like couch co-op? That's my favorite type of multiplayer and would work well for this game. It did appear that the player character had a helper from time to time.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708614)
Posted by padfoo on July 10th, 2015 @ 8:28pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:

Just like his CW toy. :lol:

They look awesome that size!
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708931)
Posted by Wolfguard on July 11th, 2015 @ 4:49pm CDT
Well...I guess it's high-time I upgrade from my PS2...

:-B
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708982)
Posted by NiteStar on July 11th, 2015 @ 7:27pm CDT
Thank you!!! And its for gaming consoles too not just PC like that last MMO one?
I watched the trailer and I think I even saw Thrust and Blitzwing. G1 Thrust and Blitzwing??? I dont think I have ever seen their G1 selves in a video game of this era and time....ever.
Thank you to whomever for finally throwing a bone to the G1 crowd. Thats all we've ever wanted is for all of this glory to be acknowledged and brought to life.

The WFC/FOC series was great and I loved the storylines, designs and artwork but somehow has been scrapped. And the shooter aspect of it felt kind of limiting.
This game not only do we use weapons but we get to kick, punch and fight too???!!!!!
YES THANK YOU!
I cannot wait! I will be waiting at midnight that day for its release.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708987)
Posted by Va'al on July 11th, 2015 @ 7:38pm CDT
Do you want to see some more Transformers Devastation action, directly from the Activision game itself? Of course you do, we've all seen the trailer and the gameplay - so have some more images showing off the general cast of the game, but mostly... Grimlock! Check them out below.

Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708988)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 11th, 2015 @ 7:38pm CDT
NiteStar wrote:WAHT?!!!! When did this happen?? Wow Ive been out of the loop with Transformers lately cuz its been so quiet with nothing going on for a awhile now. But I missed hearing about this. Your kidding me? A G1 inspired game? YES!
Thank you to whomever finally listened to the G1 crowd and finally giving something.

The WFC/FOC series was great and I loved it but somehow has been scrapped. And the shooter aspect of felt kind of limiting.
YES THANK YOU!
I cannot wait! I will be waiting at midnight that day for its release.

They probably won't even have any midnight releases for this game.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1708998)
Posted by UlsterMagus on July 11th, 2015 @ 7:54pm CDT
Every picture I see for this game gets me more excited!
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1709010)
Posted by Deadput on July 11th, 2015 @ 8:21pm CDT
Looks better then what we first saw and I'm glad there are a bunch of Decepticon bosses to beat up which is something I always wanted in a Transformers game and the Cybertron games as good as they are failed to deliver in that aspect.

The only other game to do that for me was ROTF and the first movie game and I hated the first movie game.

Now my only problem is the lack of playable characters I realize its platinum and I'm not asking for a bloated cast that barley gets screen time like the Cybertron games...

But this is Transformers one of the appeals of the franchise is the huge amount of Characters on both sides that we get to see but part of that is ruined by the whole modern dynamic of making all the cast in recent media being the team of

Optimus Prime
Bumblebee (Although I like him when he talks)
Ratchet (I love him though)
The big green guy (Why are they always green?)
The girl (Just the role not the characters themselves)
And the Sixth ranger

It would be perfect if they had Prowl, Jazz and/or Cliffjumper as well as Ironhide just for the fact this is a brawler game.

I at least hope other Autobots are in the game as NPCs and its not just Op, Bee, Grim, Swipe and Wheeljack as that would be a very boring cast.

Part of it is the fact I always hate characters named Wheeljack (Don't ask me for whatever reason I just automatically hate characters with the name I always do and not because of the name its thier character I hate)

G1 Sideswipe never does anything worth remembering and is the most generic of the 1984 Ark Autobots yet he is beloved anyways even by me.

G1 Grimlock has always been boring to me I always preferred Swoop but I have been liking him more and more recently so there is hope but these days he is being lumped in with same group as Optimus and Bumblebee as the guys non fans remember.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1709148)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 12th, 2015 @ 7:17am CDT
Hm. Grimlock's dino mode always looked far better with the toy's design than the simplified goofy cartoon version.

Still I do like the cell shaded look of this. I bought a PS4 a few weeks ago so I may give this a go when it's available.
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1709272)
Posted by thedistinctroom on July 12th, 2015 @ 5:52pm CDT
I keep thinking that those cities look awfully devoid of any actual Earth life, like people and birds, for example.

But, to be fair, I must play it first-hand before I rush my judgment. This looks like it's still in production (?), so we'll see.

:BOT:
Re: SDCC 2015 - Activision Transformers: Devastation Official Press Release and Packaging Images (1709278)
Posted by NiteStar on July 12th, 2015 @ 6:18pm CDT
I'm really hoping that there will be DLC character and map packs cuz only 5 playable characters will get old real quick. In any case I don't care. I will be waiting first in line to buy this game.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock MISB 2012" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE POWERGLIDE SOUNDWAVE ZARTAN" on EBAY