Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 11:33pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Site Articles, Press Releases
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 40,490

Seibertronians, this one's hot off the presses. Directly from our field correspondent, reporting live from SDCC, our very own Seibertron.
Take a look at the images below, then check out the full galleries here, and tell us your thoughts in the comments. As always, for all the best SDCC transformers news, stay tuned to Seibertron.com

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Wave 2 Display at San Diego Comic Con #SDCC- Soundwave, Astrotrain, more

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 1:06pm CDT

Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807275)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 20th, 2016 @ 11:35pm CDT

I am curious how they will do a figure that's a tall as Metroplex while having Trypticon's bodyshape. That's a lot of plastic. I have a bad feeling he's going to be smaller (maybe Devastator's height)
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807285)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 20th, 2016 @ 11:52pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Wouldn't that mean that the upcoming figure is, at least, similar to the art? It'd be a little silly if he looked nothing like the big display they have set up.

Considering that they used the legends art for all of the cw releases (where relevant) I'd say, not neccesarily, and hopefully not at any rate, if they go that G1, I'm out >:oP
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807288)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 20th, 2016 @ 11:55pm CDT
The Decepticons look awesome as always. Planning on getting some but I'm unsure about Soundwave. Though I have nothing against the figure it's just that I have a lot of Soundwaves already.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807292)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 21st, 2016 @ 1:29am CDT
Great galleries! I really like Stripes. Hopefully they'll come out with a Nightstalker.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807293)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 21st, 2016 @ 1:46am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Here's what I did for Galvatron's pistol mode. It has an old school phaser vibe to it. I like it.

That looks really good! How do you transform him that way?
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807300)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 21st, 2016 @ 3:16am CDT
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807301)
Posted by Deathsanras on July 21st, 2016 @ 4:11am CDT
No Wheelie-riding-Masterpiece-Grimlock photo? :sadface:
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807305)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 21st, 2016 @ 6:19am CDT
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807308)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 6:37am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:i swear if they just make a repaint of the original im gonna go crazy. i want a new version to go with my plex and max

Don't worry mate, he's getting a new toy. Hasbro put out a poll asking which should be the next character to get the Titan Class treatment; Trypticon won.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807309)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 6:43am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Pass on all of these. I do like Mindwipe's bat head but the rest of the toy doesn't work for me. I'd only get Wirewolf if I found him cheap cos the wolf mode disappoints me. Pass on Soundwave cos he's too big and I'm so sick of him and Blaster sharing molds. And his minions just look crappy. Astrotrain is the best one here and looks a lot better than Sentinel so if I was to buy that mold I'd definitely go with Astro.

They've shared molds twice...in 30 years. Fall of cybertron and the cybertron Soundwave mold...just twice.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807311)
Posted by dragons on July 21st, 2016 @ 6:54am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Looks nice, but I still wish we could have gotten a toy for WFC Trypticon. Maybe around the size of a Unicron Trilogy Supreme class figure, to put him on equal terms with Platinum Edition Omega Supreme (and Planet X Genesis). That design, and character, was a BEAST!

We are getting wax trypticon but it's not official product it's by third party company same company who made wfc omega surpreamme I have go to work don't have time look for link and pictures for that figure
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807312)
Posted by Professor Smooth on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:04am CDT
This is as beautiful as I'd hoped it would be!

Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807316)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:09am CDT
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807317)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:13am CDT
Randomhero wrote:YIKES! Look at those feet. I'm not very picky with anything, just happy to get stuff but those retooled feet...yikes

They could be transformed incorrectly. Also, I'm betting they're tooled to have God Bomber shoes!! :-D
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807319)
Posted by Cobotron on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:16am CDT
Ya, I'm perplexed by those feet. :-?
Not as wowed as I had hoped to be, and not sure I'm excited by the G1y retool of the truck cab.
Color layout looks really nice though.
Are they overlooking the city mode?
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807320)
Posted by joeprime276 on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:16am CDT
For me, Soundwave, Alpha Trion, and Astrotrain are the big standouts. I'm not that into any of the deluxe figures. Probably because I don't really know any of them. :???:
What series are these characters coming from? Keep in mind I've only seen G1 up through the movie
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807321)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:19am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

I don't think they are. They're the same in the prototype and when was the last time we saw anything mistransformed by Takara. Official or prototype.

Probably is for God bomber MAYBE but since the Yen is up I am not spending $80-90 on a leader class.

The rest does look lovely though
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807323)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:20am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Ya, I'm perplexed by those feet. :-?
Color layout looks really nice though.
Are they overlooking the city mode?

It's just a couple pictures. I'm sure we'll see some city mode picture from TFYUKI once it gets closer to release. They just released city mode pics of skull cruncher and Galvatron and they don't even have city modes
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807325)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:23am CDT
I can totally see this getting a Platinum release eventually. Won't hold out hope but I imagine hasbro seeing this and saying "yeah we should find a way to put this out somehow in a year or two. They've done that before.
Re: SDCC 2016: Titans Return Wave 2 Display with Soundwave, Astrotrain, Mindwipe, Alpha Trion and more #HasbroSDCC (1807329)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on July 21st, 2016 @ 7:53am CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:

That looks really good! How do you transform him that way?

Thanks.

To transform him that way, basically, put him in cannon mode but don't rotate the panels the arms are attached to. Leave them as they'd be in robot mode. Fold the forearms up to the shoulders. Move the cockpit down a bit to act as a handle.

Fairly simple, but looks good.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY