Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer?

Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer?

Thursday, March 5th, 2009 11:06am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Rumors, Digital Media News
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 26,748

TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted an interesting piece of news regarding the re-release of the first season of the original Generation 1 cartoon. According to sources, a Wal-Mart.com listing mentions that the first season, including the three episode "More Than Meets The Eye" pilot, is to be released by Vivendi Entertainment, who, according to the news posted, have been pursuing the license.

It should be stressed, however, that this information is highly speculative, especially given that the news contains no information from Vivendi Entertainment themselves that it is true. In the meantime, you can view the information, along with preliminary box art, here.

Credit(s): TVShowsOnDVD.com

Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (893960)
Posted by Editor on March 5th, 2009 @ 11:11am CST
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

This news pleases me.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (893968)
Posted by rpetras on March 5th, 2009 @ 11:36am CST
Fortunately I have the full run of TF, is there any word on GI Joe?
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (893980)
Posted by skyshadowprimus on March 5th, 2009 @ 12:17pm CST
if this is true then please god let it be WITHOUT those god awful sound effects they added in
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (893986)
Posted by First-Aid on March 5th, 2009 @ 12:34pm CST
rpetras wrote:Fortunately I have the full run of TF, is there any word on GI Joe?

Seconded... :-?
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (893999)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 5th, 2009 @ 12:59pm CST
Is that original art work? I'm so used to seeing the DW stuff when it comes to any G1 releases. I hope we get a new set of TF DVDs. I only have the Rhino ones. I hear they suck, but I have nothing to compare them to. If these have good commentary and other special features on them, I'll buy them.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894001)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on March 5th, 2009 @ 1:00pm CST

Such as they were showing 3 starscreams or miscolored decipticons.

They are remastering DBZ right not into new sets which I am currently collecting so I am hoping they will be made like this.

But if these are just re-releases such as the rhino-box sets were with no updates or any kind of extras in it such as behind the scenes or any kind of extras like that I dont think I will be getting these sets.

Only way I will get them if it is a remastered deal like the way SONY fixed the 1986 cartoon movie up then I will purchase them if they are done good like that was.

Will not get if it is just another box-set with no updates to it.

I grew up with Generation 1 and I would like to see it get a digitally remastered update with updated surround sound 5.1 and in widescreen format.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894007)
Posted by Solrac333 on March 5th, 2009 @ 1:07pm CST
Rodimus2006 wrote:I am hoping that this is a digitally remastered relrelease of Generation 1 that will clean up a lot of the animations and errors founded in G1.

I hope they remaster it and to the surround sound but doing what they did with DBZ and crop the footage into a widescreen format is just wrong. It wasn't animated that way so it should be cropped.

If they do add lots of bonus stuff that would be cool.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894017)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on March 5th, 2009 @ 1:16pm CST
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894021)
Posted by ashe5k on March 5th, 2009 @ 1:23pm CST
I'd be more interested in season two. I've had season one since the first time they put it out, but never picked up the second season.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894089)
Posted by dragons on March 5th, 2009 @ 3:10pm CST
Fortunately I have the full run of TF, is there any word on GI Joe?

if hasbro gave us the heads up about this year ago they could have had money on this set but is this going to be like other transformers sets that where released before this, give us seasons 1 & 2 and not seasons 3 & 4 or are they actually going all the way this time 1-4.

its shame i have seasons 1-4 how about gijoe like what he said plus the animated movie of gijoe and other igjoe series like sigma 6 i cant thik of any others i know there where more than series
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894105)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 5th, 2009 @ 3:41pm CST
I hope this is true, I would love to have G1 on an actual DVD. Individual seasons makes it easier for me to buy as well so I don't have to drop a huge stack of cash on a big box set.

*prays*
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894147)
Posted by Duke of Luns on March 5th, 2009 @ 5:00pm CST
I do so hope this is for real. I have a really old bootleg set of G1 taped off TV, so those have tons of syndication cuts, and the quality isn't that great either, so I NEED a better set. Plus I've seen comparsion video of the Rhino sets, and there's no way I want those, they're even MORE error ridden that what aired!.

Of course, considering Transformers made like a bajillion dollars in theatures and "Revenge" will most likely make a bajillion and a half they'd be crazy not to cash in on the Transformer craze.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894150)
Posted by Bouncy X on March 5th, 2009 @ 5:10pm CST

clean up the image fine but dont touch the errors. its funny hearing megatron's voice come out of prime. :P
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894153)
Posted by BadFlipKC on March 5th, 2009 @ 5:13pm CST

I hope so, my Rhino's are a weak effort...
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894171)
Posted by backpack on March 5th, 2009 @ 5:51pm CST
Giant Purple Griffin wrote:I've got the full set (including the movie). It's Chinese although you can watch the cartoons in English too (phew!). I'm not sure who put it out--the discs are in a booklet of sleeves (covered in techspecs and cool art), inside a blue transformers box, inside a transformers tin, inside a brown transformers box, inside a brown transformers bag! :P

I've got the exact same set and I'm quite pleased with it. The only way I'm getting this new set is if it comes remastered with great bonus content.
If not I'll be passing on it.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894254)
Posted by Coughler on March 5th, 2009 @ 9:18pm CST
BadFlipKC wrote:I thought that Hasbro got the rights back just before the first live action movie came out...is it possible that a big remaster has been going this whole time, and now it's just time to find a publisher/distributor?

I hope so, my Rhino's are a weak effort...

Weak yes. Crappy/no extras, retarded intro sound effects. But the sets can fetch quite a bit of $ together or individually on ebay and amazon.

So glad i never bought GIJOE im a completist and not having the rest of the series would have made me pyscho like i currently am over the original TMNT series.

But if it were up to me id say screw new releases of G1 sets and start releasing the shows in japan we never got and in ENGLISH not subed or a bunch of guys in their basement doing retarted voice
overs that suck. And im sure one of u will be like Blah blah the cost and time etc etc but but if u look at the wonderfulness of what media blasters has done with releasing voltron and all of its shows. Transformers is wayyyyyyy better than voltron yes i like voltron but not as much as tf. But why does a show where u ask a anyone under the age of 21 never heard of it. Transformers is now "cool" again outside of just toys and the occasional short lived show and is making bajillions of dollars in every product possible. Something is wrong with this picture.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894276)
Posted by typh0id on March 5th, 2009 @ 10:09pm CST
Exciting indeed...I'm pretty sure they'll be remastered since they talked about it on the movie DVD...(and even showed what it looked like)
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894304)
Posted by Gandalf on March 6th, 2009 @ 12:38am CST
Bouncy X wrote:they better not fix the animation errors, thats part of its charm. even back when the show was new i remember me and my friend laughing at all those errors and it was great.

I agree. Remaster it and make it look good, but don't edit or fix anything.

If this is a good set, I'll definitely get it, as I don't have any other releases.

I very much hope it has interviews with the cast. We've already lost Chris Latta and Scatman Crothers, and I really want to see good interviews with the other main actors soon. This would be the perfect opportunity.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894388)
Posted by SJ21 on March 6th, 2009 @ 7:43am CST
backpack wrote:

If not I'll be passing on it.

I also got that set. I think I got it online for like $60. For all the quality wrapped up in there, that price is a steal. I probably won't buy the new set.
Re: Season 1 of Generation 1 Cartoon To Be Re-Released This Summer? (894451)
Posted by TRANS+CRAZY on March 6th, 2009 @ 9:43am CST
Really? They're re-releasing the G1 series on DVD, this year?

COOL!!!

Hope it has really sweet extras and that the whole series is digitally remastered.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Human Alliance Autobot BACKFIRE & Spike Witwicky action figure" on EBAY