Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars

Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars

Friday, June 3rd, 2016 12:59pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: carytheone   Views: 25,488

Howdy fellow Seibertronians, how have you been enjoying Transformers: Earth Wars now that the game has launched? Are those pesky mortars giving you trouble? Never fear Seibertron.com is here to help with a PRO TIP video straight from the developers themselves. In this video we are going to learn how to use our high defensive warriors to distract and take fire from the mortars while the rest of our squad slips in for the victory. Our last PRO TIP video can be found here.

If you're not playing Transformers: Earth Wars yet, you can download this free to play Transformers real time strategy game here. Still need convincing, then check out our launch gallery.

Got some strategies of your own? Hit the jump and share them in the discussion below.

Once you get in and settled, search for "Seibertron" and join either our Autobot or Deception alliance. We'll see you in game.

Keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the liveliest Transformers discussion this side of a space bridge

Credit(s): Transformers: Earth Wars via YouTube

This article was last modified on Friday, June 3rd, 2016 1:03pm CDT

Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1794702)
Posted by shauyaun on June 3rd, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
I want to join the :CON: alliance but it's full do you have a second one?
If not you should make one and move :CON: with less than like 200 medals there.
Pleas I want to join you guys :PRAY:
Thanks :D
(Or mybe you have one and this was a waist of your time in that case Sorry :oops: )
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1794705)
Posted by shauyaun on June 3rd, 2016 @ 2:32pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Has anyone else playing the Decepticon version noticed a weird - albeit very minor - graphical glitch with Blast Off? When he's walking around the base, the jet on his back is completely extended out. Like, the tailfin's hanging off him and everything; and the cockpit is left as if untransformed on the toy. It fixes itself once he transforms to jet mode and transforms out of it, but it's still odd lol.

Yah I think it's funny :lol:
But yah I have it too
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1794742)
Posted by Burn on June 3rd, 2016 @ 5:12pm CDT
I freed up two slots earlier, but two other people pounced on them. Sorry guys.

That's a good idea about starting up a second one though. I'll see how things are after the weekend as I'm going to push people to sign up and join in here.
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1794758)
Posted by Burn on June 3rd, 2016 @ 6:41pm CDT
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1794877)
Posted by shauyaun on June 4th, 2016 @ 9:58am CDT
Burn wrote:I've changed the Alliance setting from open to requiring approval. This will help ensure you guys get to join our Alliance. Like I said, post your in-game names so I know it's you. You might have to keep checking back daily as I free up some slots.

My name is "Shauyaun" I always choose "shauyaun"(well most of the time any way)
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1794976)
Posted by Questworld12 on June 4th, 2016 @ 8:38pm CDT

My in-game name is MXAGhost. I'll send a request later tonight when I have some time. :CON:
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795089)
Posted by Cobotron on June 5th, 2016 @ 11:35am CDT
Does it just protect the user while attacking a target, or does it extend out to others around them too?
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795090)
Posted by carytheone on June 5th, 2016 @ 11:40am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Has anyone figured out exactly what the shield special ability does, or how best to use it? I have Jumpstream, who has that ability. I'm sure some other characters have it too.
A little bit of both. It blocks the path and protects anyone inside.

It will absorb any weapon that hits it. I'll need to check but the shield bearer may still take a % of damage.

This is how I use the ability: I send her in to block attacks and start attacking the weapon. Sometimes I can use the shield to block multiple weapons at once and/or protect anyone behind her.

My Jumpstream is a little weak so I usually wait until I've already attacked the weapon so she can destroy it. More often than not I'm using it to just buy time.

She is in my D team and it helps to have a little bit of protection for those weaker bots.

EDIT: it only blocks 80% of damage but I've found in use it does stop the projectile and other bots won't get hit unless it's an area of affect type weapon.

It also pulls agro, which means all nearby weapons with target Jumpstream. A good way to distract weapons from attacking other bots or even better, some that are about to fall.

Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795124)
Posted by Burn on June 5th, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
There's also the reflective shield which reflects attacks back at the attacker.
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795126)
Posted by Kurona on June 5th, 2016 @ 4:37pm CDT
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795145)
Posted by carytheone on June 5th, 2016 @ 5:24pm CDT
Burn wrote:There's also the reflective shield which reflects attacks back at the attacker.
I wonder if there is an Autobot that has the same skill. I've seen a few abilities that do not have a counterpart.

Kickback has those glass grenades (or what ever they are called) and so far I have yet to find a 'bot with that skill.

Mirage has EMP cluster missiles, which I didn't see a 100% same ability on the 'con side - Kickback is close but not the same.

I think it's kinda fun to give each side some unique stuff. Makes picking one over the other more than just personal preference. I have heard from the devs that they want to allow you to have one of each team per account. That would be fun and I'd love to take myself on ;)^

Kurona wrote:Anyone else having trouble with the last stage of the Decepticon campaign Power Play? No clue how to deal with Ironhide and the Beam Laser.
I never got that far when I had a 'con team, but I'll give some generic advice. Attack rival player and level up your team. Don't forget to level up their abilities as well, that can make a huge difference for some of them. Getting a few bots up to ability lvl 3 doesn't take a whole lot of resources - lvl 4 is a pretty major hit.
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795149)
Posted by Kurona on June 5th, 2016 @ 6:11pm CDT
carytheone wrote:

Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795150)
Posted by carytheone on June 5th, 2016 @ 6:20pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Where do you get the sparks to level up abilities though? So far I've only gotten sparks from getting a duplicate Tantrum on the space bridge.
There are three ways to get sparks that I'm aware of.

1. random reward for the free crystals

2. dupe bots generate sparks and 2 or 3 star shards

3. winning alliance wars

There is a forth way, some of the daily bundles for purchase have sparks included.
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795155)
Posted by Burn on June 5th, 2016 @ 7:14pm CDT
carytheone wrote:I'd love to take myself on ;)^

I have no doubt you do that quite often at night...or other times of the day :WHISTLE:
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795156)
Posted by carytheone on June 5th, 2016 @ 7:22pm CDT
Burn wrote:
carytheone wrote:I'd love to take myself on ;)^

No matter the outcome I always win ;)^
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795217)
Posted by Galcyon on June 5th, 2016 @ 10:59pm CDT
Has anyone else found buying premium crystals next to useless after you get all the 2star formers?
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795224)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 6th, 2016 @ 12:16am CDT
Hey all, I'm looking to (re-)join the Seibertron Decepticon alliance. My in-game name is That Bot (Shocking!). I was in the beta alliance but clearly ZERO of that data is carrying over.
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795440)
Posted by scalan15 on June 7th, 2016 @ 2:01am CDT
Hey I need a good Alliance to join, I'm very active Android name is Caldoprime15
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795584)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 7th, 2016 @ 4:15pm CDT
Well I'm a little annoyed. Apparently I never pre-registered for the game, even though I thought I did. I contacted customer support and they said they couldn't find my email address in the queue. Guess I'm missing out on..... who was the Decepticon pre-reg character?

Also, I kind of already knew this from the beta, but having the full game really cements that Slipstream's ability sucks. On paper, spread damage to surrounding buildings if the targeted building is destroyed within 15 seconds sounds good. But in practice, the buildings you usually want your seekers to target are more than 15 seconds away from destruction by your ground-based bots, but pose imminent risk. Mortars and beam lasers mostly. Right now I only have room for 4 bots in my team, so only 1 seeker makes the cut, and slipstream is far from my first pick.
Re: Seibertron Strategizes - Transformers: Earth Wars - PRO TIP: Warriors & Mortars (1795625)
Posted by Burn on June 7th, 2016 @ 6:36pm CDT
See, you've already identified the problem with Slipstream, you need that secondary bot to trigger the mass destruction.

When it works, it works REALLY well.

Cary and I have discussed this and you're on the right track, you need Starscream, Blast Off, Brawl or Breakdown. All four can attack over a distance. But they also need to be strong enough to destroy a building in one go. If they can't, you'll have to use Kickback as well with his glass ability to soften things up.

Sounds like a lot of attacks to be using up? They add up to cost about the same as an orbital strike from Mixmaster or Jazz, and I think Slipstreams bomb may even do damage in a wider area.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Thundercracker near complete in good condition not reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow" on EBAY
Buy "Mint Used Decepticon Berserker, Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Blue Boat VHTF Retired" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Daca Toys Kronos" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader DOUBLEDEALER  NIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide" on EBAY