Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders

Transformers News: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders

Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 3:19AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 12,901

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We receive news from UK based Seibertronian RavageXK regarding Smyths Toys - which has been one of the major sources of UK Transformers toys news in the past year or so - and the whole Toys R Us deal, given the closure of the stories in this country too.

Effectively, Smyths have set up a system that allows customers to receive 20% off any purchase by handing in their Toys R Us Gold Card to a Smyths Toys Superstore, meaning if you missed out on some deals, you can still save a little! You can read the actual terms of the offer below:

20% OFF In-Store Today!

Didn't get the chance to use your points?
Hand in your Toys R Us Gold Card at your local Smyths Toys Superstore and get 20% OFF your purchase!
Terms & Conditions

20% OFF is taken on the latest marked price and will be calculated at the checkout. This offer is valid in-store only when you present your Toys R Us gold card at the checkout. This offer is restricted to a once off use only. Smyths Toys Superstores will retain your Toys R Us Gold Card once the discount is applied. Customer limits apply. No bulk buying.This offer is strictly restricted to one per household and one per transaction. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers or money off vouchers and is not redeemable for cash or gift vouchers. If items purchased in conjunction with this offer are returned at a later date only the cash value exchanged will be refunded. This offer is not valid for purchases of gift, savings, digital download or POSA cards, plastic bags, video games, games consoles, gaming chairs, Samsung, Kurio and Linx tablets, Skylanders figures, Disney Infinity figures, amiibo figures, LEGO Dimensions, POP! Vinyl figures, gaming figures, gaming plush or electronics. Photocopies will not be accepted. We reserve the right to withdraw, alter or decline this offer without prior notice. This offer is valid from 16.03.18 - 31.03.18.


Ravage XK also points out that Smyths is currently carrying Transformers Titans Return Trypticon for £99.99, meaning you can apply the discount and still have a good price if you missed out on the giant space purplesaur so far!
Credit(s): Smyths UK
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947194)
Posted by Coptur on March 20th, 2018 @ 3:41am CDT
I was literally going to shred my Toys R Us gold card last night.

Smyths have to improve to fill the void that Toys R Us will leave behind.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947251)
Posted by Seibertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 1:49pm CDT
Tired of hunting for the latest Transformers figures? Amazon.com currently has all five of the Power of the Primes Wave 2 deluxes back in stock. The figures are currently listed as of this writing for $16.99 with free Prime shipping for those who are eligible. Amazon states that these products will ship next week. We've been following these products all week to see when they would be back in stock. Act fast to get yours now before they sell out again or the prices go back up.

Make sure you share your sightings in our sightings forum and sightings section. You can also share any great deals that you find online or in brick-and-mortar stores with your fellow Seibertronians!

Moonracer: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... =moonracer

Image


Snarl: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... ords=snarl

Image


Sludge: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... ords=snarl

Image


Rippersnapper: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... persnapper

Image


Blackwing (aka Darkwing): https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... =blackwing

Image
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947252)
Posted by Relic0037 on March 20th, 2018 @ 1:54pm CDT
Dinobots are already Sold Out.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947253)
Posted by o.supreme on March 20th, 2018 @ 1:55pm CDT
kind of a sad state of affairs when just finding these items in stock at normal price is newsworthy. Just to be clear, I'm not berating the messenger, its just that these items should be widely available to everyone at this price, for more than just a few minuets. Discounts are what should make news.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947254)
Posted by Nightbeat339 on March 20th, 2018 @ 1:58pm CDT
I am soooooo excited!!! :D I've been looking to get Moonracer at regular price for several weeks, and have been in and out of stores quite a bit. Hopefully they'll stay in stock for a while longer so more people can buy them.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947256)
Posted by Seibertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 2:07pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:kind of a sad state of affairs when just finding these items in stock at normal price is newsworthy. Just to be clear, I'm not berating the messenger, its just that these items should be widely available to everyone at this price, for more than just a few minuets. Discounts are what should make news.


Not when it's a brand new product. Finding a hot new toy at a regular retail price when it hasn't reached saturation at regular retail is definitely news when you can find it!
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947257)
Posted by o.supreme on March 20th, 2018 @ 2:21pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
o.supreme wrote:kind of a sad state of affairs when just finding these items in stock at normal price is newsworthy. Just to be clear, I'm not berating the messenger, its just that these items should be widely available to everyone at this price, for more than just a few minuets. Discounts are what should make news.


Not when it's a brand new product. Finding a hot new toy at a regular retail price when it hasn't reached saturation at regular retail is definitely news when you can find it!


But its also motivated by fear. Fear Hasbro wont produce enough product, or that scalpers will purchase them all, so there never will be proper saturation (i.e. TR Deluxe wave 5) . Gotta get it NOW, because I might never see it again...that sort of thought saddens me.I have Rippersnapper, and I've seen one Sludge (which you could tell had been opened and returned). Expecting not to see these toys at B&M, or a case of *blink and you'll miss them" is frustrating. I've already told my family if they see a Blackwing, or Moonracer, those are the priority ones right now, since they are shortpacked. But as it is, I can only afford to get one of these each time I get paid. If ever I start to see them with regularity that is, or if these are still available at this price on Amazon come Friday...(yeah I know, not likely...)
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947259)
Posted by william-james88 on March 20th, 2018 @ 2:26pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:kind of a sad state of affairs when just finding these items in stock at normal price is newsworthy.

It is when said product is shceduled to appear in April. These figures arent released anywhere else in the world, so of course their release at the moment is sparse in the US. This is more like a preview with stores getting one or two cases at a time. And since fans want them now rather than waiting, we try to help you out to get these early appearances.

Basically, finding them before april anytime is lucky enough and newsworthy enough, for these sought after products.
Good luck in your hunt.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947264)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 20th, 2018 @ 2:40pm CDT
Darn price keeps jacking up on moonracer.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947269)
Posted by Relic0037 on March 20th, 2018 @ 3:32pm CDT
Everything at the $16.99 price point is gone. My tip for everyone would be to keep checking back on them from time to time. Hopefully, they get more in stock soon.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947275)
Posted by nycPrime on March 20th, 2018 @ 3:49pm CDT
Relic0037 wrote:Everything at the $16.99 price point is gone. My tip for everyone would be to keep checking back on them from time to time. Hopefully, they get more in stock soon.

Agreed. I've seen it in stock a few times at $16.99. By the time it makes the news, if at all (I never bothered reporting it in the past), it's likely sold out or close to it.

I only ordered Dinos. I'm hopeful HTS will have the rest of wave 2 and the leaders available with a discount code.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947282)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 4:42pm CDT
*slightly off topic* The one thing that worries me is... situations like Cogman... we've blown past him and into PotP... and he's never even shown up on Hasbrotoyshop.com. What will happen to MPM Barricade?

I appreciate knowing when Amazon gets new things in, but like many say... by the time it hits the news the scalpers have swooped in and "private warehoused" them for resale... T_T

Nothing kills me more when I see "fulfillment by Amazon" and it's a scalper...
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947283)
Posted by o.supreme on March 20th, 2018 @ 4:46pm CDT
TLK Deluxe Cogman and Generations TR Deluxe Wave 5 apparently have far more in common than previously thought...were any other TLK deluxes equally as scarce?
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947284)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 20th, 2018 @ 4:54pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:Everything at the $16.99 price point is gone. My tip for everyone would be to keep checking back on them from time to time. Hopefully, they get more in stock soon.

Agreed. I've seen it in stock a few times at $16.99. By the time it makes the news, if at all (I never bothered reporting it in the past), it's likely sold out or close to it.

I only ordered Dinos. I'm hopeful HTS will have the rest of wave 2 and the leaders available with a discount code.


I use something called camel tracker to help set price and in stock reminders but lately figures have been coming and going before I get a notification.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947291)
Posted by Lore Keeper on March 20th, 2018 @ 5:30pm CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:*slightly off topic* The one thing that worries me is... situations like Cogman... we've blown past him and into PotP... and he's never even shown up on Hasbrotoyshop.com. What will happen to MPM Barricade?

I appreciate knowing when Amazon gets new things in, but like many say... by the time it hits the news the scalpers have swooped in and "private warehoused" them for resale... T_T

Nothing kills me more when I see "fulfillment by Amazon" and it's a scalper...

I recently bought a Cogman on Amazon from a scalper for $35. I NEVER do this. I hate scalpers and, up to this point, have refused to give them my money. But, all signs have pointed to him never showing up at mass retail in the US, similar to the final waves of Transformers Prime or TR Slugslinger. It makes me angry to feel like I have to pay absurd prices in order to get an item that was distributed so poorly that it will probably never find its way to your local B&M. What's more is that this situation seems to be becoming more and more prevalent, as if it is now just par for the course.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947295)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 5:54pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote: I recently bought a Cogman on Amazon from a scalper for $35. I NEVER do this. I hate scalpers and, up to this point, have refused to give them my money. But, all signs have pointed to him never showing up at mass retail in the US, similar to the final waves of Transformers Prime or TR Slugslinger. It makes me angry to feel like I have to pay absurd prices in order to get an item that was distributed so poorly that it will probably never find its way to your local B&M. What's more is that this situation seems to be becoming more and more prevalent, as if it is now just par for the course.


A big part of it and it started with The Age of Extinction which introduced all that extraneous (non-core transforming toys). B&M would blow out their budgets/warehouse on Wave 1 to make sure they had STOCK!!!! and then would fail to either purchase the later waves due to full inventories... or lack of moving product, which when Hasbro shoots their fans in the foot with repaint/repacks like in Last Knight... it becomes a nightmare.

It's like either the B&M logistics/purchasing folks don't know how "waves" work, or have no clue *how* Hasbro works. That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that distribution in general seems to be a crap shoot. For whatever reason most retailers seem to get their shipments on the East Coast and proliferate that way, as opposed to West Coast (which if they're coming from Asia would make more sense imo). So you'd think East coast or West Coast would get product first. But more often than not... everything seems to pop in the mid-west/great lake region...which makes not sense to me. Unless there's where most B&M keep their primary warehouses.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947296)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 5:57pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:TLK Deluxe Cogman and Generations TR Deluxe Wave 5 apparently have far more in common than previously thought...were any other TLK deluxes equally as scarce?


Hell wave 2 TLK was hard to find on the West Coast for a long time. It's only really started showing up at Toys R US due to them liquidating inventory. I've maybe seen wave 2 deluxes once at a Target or Walmart in California... and that was by no means "during the window of relevancy" when the movie was out.

The rare exception seemed to be the Voyagers. Wave 1 and 2 seemed to be pretty regular. Though Scorn and Nitro were very hit and miss.

Robots in Disguise were hit and miss, though I think there was also a BIG lag between waves. Or got lost with wave repacks.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947302)
Posted by partholon on March 20th, 2018 @ 6:26pm CDT
ah cock.

i didnt know it was the entire wave 2 that was going for 16.99.

managed to snag a rippersnapper before he went back up but it wouldve been a great chance to pick up the last two dinos i needed for volcanicus.

like others have said i reckon itll happen again so i'll keep the eye out.

with shipping included its only 1 euro odd more than retail in my country so its deffo worth it.
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947310)
Posted by william-james88 on March 20th, 2018 @ 7:58pm CDT
I am currently compiling a list of toys that seem to have been skipped in the US. While there were not a lot of them, the US did get wave five titans return, at target. But you guys have yet to get the cyclone us and heat seeker legion toys from robots in disguise.. Also can somebody confirm if the last night legion dragon storm and hound were found at retail, along with all spark squeaks and Megatron?
Re: Smyths Toys UK Offering 20% Off to Toys R Us Gold Card Holders (1947320)
Posted by YoungPrime on March 20th, 2018 @ 9:01pm CDT
partholon wrote:ah cock.

i didnt know it was the entire wave 2 that was going for 16.99.


Yep... This is why I'm skipping Blackwing. If Hasbro want's to continue hiking up the prices then I'm going to be less likely to collect every Generations figure I spot.

He's going to be the most likely to shelf warm in this wave anyway. So let me know when there's a 25% off clearance for him in May or June.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "IN HAND NEW! Transformers G1 Minibot Swerve 2018 Walmart Reissue IN USA!" on EBAY
Buy "IN HAND NEW! Transformers G1 Minibot Tailgate 2018 Walmart Reissue IN USA!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Shadow Striker Ultra Series Wave 1 Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Cyberverse (Ultra Class) - Shadow Striker" on EBAY
Buy "2 NEW TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWERS OF PRIME FIGURES:TAILGATE & BATTLE FLASH" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy TransFormers Device Label Autobot BLASTER/BROADBLAST USB HUB figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 2 Gearhead 1994 Go-Bots Vintage Toy Car" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Swerve ASIA" on EBAY