Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer

Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer

Saturday, September 22nd, 2018 11:34pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,720

Transformers fans rejoice! Not only do we have news that a new trailer for the Transformers: Bumblebee movie will be up soon, but we know that it will confirm all the rumours we have been hearing regarding the war on Cybertron scene. In fact a teaser for the trailer was released in various places online (here is one on Instagram or instance) and in this teaser we see Optimus Prime, both as a hologram and in a Cybertronian war scene, as well as Soundwave ejecting Ravage. And every single frame looks just like what G1 fans always wanted in a live action movie. We thank Deadput for sending this our way.

Another teaser trailer was released, centering more around Bumblebee and his ability to hide.

Also, Darth-Badguy sent us a video of the Bumblebee cut out advertisement currently found in movie theatres. Stay tuned for the full trailer which should hit the 24th.

Darth-Badguy wrote:

I saw one of the displays at the Century City AMC in Los Angeles last night. It’s big, probably the size of a pickup truck. I think the eyes are a little video screen.

Sorry the escalator’s in the shot, it was too close to avoid.

Credit(s): Facebook and instagram

Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985449)
Posted by Autobot_Benz on September 22nd, 2018 @ 11:44pm CDT
See what happens when you get rid of the ruiner of franchises Micheal Bay you get a decent transformers movie. holy crap that soundwave though.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985452)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 22nd, 2018 @ 11:56pm CDT

Then again, people think the MCU Hulk turning from a no-nonsense powerhouse in his solo movie to becoming a coward and immature child in Laffalok and Infinity Cash Grabs is character development. :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985464)
Posted by .... on September 23rd, 2018 @ 2:22am CDT
THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE.

...AND IT'S NOT WATERMELONE INSIDE A WATERMELONE.

Quantum Surge wrote:You know, I was seriously hoping that the G1 references would stop at Bumblebee's appearance and Blitzwing looking like Starscream. Seeing Optimus and Soundwave on Cybertron makes me feel they are part of a video game. No, that's too generous; these designs look like the uninspiring G1-washing redesigns that purists have to make as if they feel their childhood has to be replicated 24/7 no matter what. Okay, Bumblebee I can get past by since they want him to be younger (though out of place next to TLK's WWII scenes). Optimus should have looked like his Protoform toy. Soundwave feels like the TF version of overly praising Boba Fett. There's no friggin way that these designs would blend in with the movie designs we've seen since 2007. I don't care if people think I'm not a real TF fan just because I don't like G1 (I like G1 when it's minding its own business and not making other shows try to be like it). This inconsistency between Cybertron and movie designs has got to be as bad, if not worse, than the inconsistency between the WFC and Prime designs, yet people will get praise for it because IT's MUH NOSTALGIA!!!!! :-x

I find it great how I'm a young TF fan, and even I was almost hitting my head on my ceiling I was jumping so high out of excitement to see Soundwave like this. And I see someone most likely older than me reeing at it like someone just threw eggs at their car. Sorry brudda, but ain't nobody ruining my happiness right now. (And yes, I know proper usage of grammar.)
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985467)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 23rd, 2018 @ 2:43am CDT
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985469)
Posted by Deadput on September 23rd, 2018 @ 2:55am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote: Keep that G1-stuff out of my movieverse, cheers.

Isn't it a little late for that?

What are they gonna do just suddenly take it out of the movie? Go back in time to change it?

As much as I like the previous films we have had 5 films for us, I think it's time for a little fanservice for those who haven't had a live action version of the G1 designs.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985470)
Posted by .... on September 23rd, 2018 @ 3:03am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:That footage fills me with absolute dread. Keep that G1-stuff out of my movieverse, cheers. Those scenes don't even gel. It's like it flips to some video game and back again.

If you consider that AoE and TLK opted for more smooth and humanoid designs, this actually fits. I admit I was confused at first, but once I realized it was real I was so so happy.

People, this is a reboot. Call it that or not, they're TRYING to break continuity of design. Remember when Marvel redesigned Hulk in the MCU? Yes Tony Stark appeared in The Incredible Hulk, and just like with this Transformers movie, Marvel intentionally forgot about that movie's ideas and designs WITHOUT ruining the plot continuity too much, EVEN with the change of an actor for Bruce Banner. I think a series of giant TRANSFORMING METAL ROBOTS who can CHANGE THEIR DESIGNS PURPOSEFULLY makes MUCH more sense to experiment with, and can work beautifully.

Plus this is an incredible way to kickstart the possibility of successful Transformers movies once again by adding LITERAL familiar faces to make jaded fans to the movies become more curious, AND to draw many new fans into the brand as a whole by giving them a big screen representation (or remake) of that original cartoon in a way. It works, and it works beautifully, regardless of everyone who don't want their pissing and swearing messes of metal to be touched with the ichiness of those horrrrribly outdaaated Saturday morning caartewwns. :-B (And yes, I do enjoy SOME of the movie designs. Hell, I loved Dark of the Moon.)

Also shatup, Astrotrain looks awesome. Image

Deadput wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote: Keep that G1-stuff out of my movieverse, cheers.

Isn't it a little late for that?

Preach it.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985471)
Posted by Agent 53 on September 23rd, 2018 @ 3:05am CDT
How about we wait to judge the cybertron shots until we have proper images, not screenshots from a 2 second scene of the trailer, I personally like the look of Soundwave and Ravage.

Also what the heck is going on?

For 5 films we've heard the fandom complain about Bayverse designs and wanting more G1 elements, now we're getting it and people are complaining about that as well!!!???

I don't even get it in the first place, I don't just like, G1, or the movies, or the UT etc, I love Transformers as a whole, sure there are some less good bits (Kiss Players, Energon etc) but I just love the whole franchise, we get enough rivalries with other franchises on the Internet (we in general, I do not know, offhand, any particular rivalries the TF fandom suffers from), why are we divided within our Fandom?
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985472)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 23rd, 2018 @ 3:09am CDT

But yeah, whatever.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985474)
Posted by .... on September 23rd, 2018 @ 3:14am CDT
Agent 53,

You have hereby been promoted to the position of "Chief Fan Intelligence Officer". Your paperwork and information are on your desk. Welcome to the big ranks. You've done well.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985475)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 23rd, 2018 @ 3:21am CDT

Definitely got the feeling of 'Help Me, Opti1, you are my only hope' From the hologram scene so I'm expecting some of the film to be as bad as parts of the others.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985476)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 23rd, 2018 @ 3:38am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Damn, I'm probably paying money to be disappointed again, Soundwaves looking Gundamish and Ravage looks like the Energon version or near enough. The scenes do look as they belong to a different movie and don't really tie in with the Baynus designs but it's about time they had the charcaters being themselves on the screen rather than failed retellings or cash ins. Just hope the script is up to scratch and the ideas that they borrow are executed as good as the source material (too much to hope that they could introduce new good material at this point).

I liked energon Ravage though...

Also I feel the need to point out that what made the first five movies what they were, wasn't just Bay but it was the writers (Bay does get the full responsibility though for Revenge of the Fallen, with the writers being on strike and paramount wanting the movie done). Bumblebee success depends on the quality of the ideas put forth from the writers room (their only idea) and the director. Like it or not but Bay did deliver trucks full of money to paramount (and Hasbro).

Now then, onto the footage. I liked the bit with Charlie and Bee on the beach, it was a good connection with the pair. As for the Cybertron stuff, it was what it was. I'm not a big fan of G1 unless it's doing its own thing away from the original G1 (aka IDW G1). So far this is just fan service. I suspect how well the movie does will determine its status as a prequel it a full on reboot with familiar elements (Sector 7, All spark). I'll reserve full judgement for the movie when I actually sit down and watch it.

One last thing, about the divided fandom comment. I want us to be a united fandom, I believe there's always more that unites us then divides but we still have to allow for the fact that we all aren't going to like the same thing. What truly divides us is how we act to those who don't like what we do. We need to respect the opinions of others (unless they are sprouting false facts but I digress). Liking these new designs is subjective, nothing more or less.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985477)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 23rd, 2018 @ 3:44am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote: I sure hope Soundwave doesn't turn into a tape deck cos i never understood the whole mass-shifting nonsense and why all TFs couldn't just grow or shrink whenever the situation calls for it.

But yeah, whatever.

It is likely he will if he makes it to earth (I've called the end of this film since the get go, it's almost as predictable as AVP). If the mass shifting 'all spark cube' nonsense that was badly lifted & portrayed (also never really existed until Beastmachines), gets left out it will make me a bit more confident in the new direction of the Bee Film and further films.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985478)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 23rd, 2018 @ 3:54am CDT

think me done with this topic at least until more substantial news comes out... or maybe even until i see the film. enjoy.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985480)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 23rd, 2018 @ 4:21am CDT
...oh my god, it almost looks like Fall of Cybertron, I had to do a double take upon looking at Prime to make sure it wasn't one of the FoC game models.

That means I love it. That game is still one of my favorite pieces of TF fiction and one of my favorite depictions of Cybertron itself and the combat that actually took place there before Earth, and these G1-ish FoC-ish designs look like they actually transform, and aren't just giant walking masses of shapeless metal like some past movie designs (I'm looking at you, all the Megatron designs).

Also I don't think a G1-styled Soundwave has ever looked more menacing or caused more excitement from standing in place before, at least in my opinion, and yay, Decepticons doing stuff and not getting killed by Bumblebee after 2 encounters (I know he isn't likely to do that in this film, given his general state of being, but I'm still not over Stinger).

Carnivius_Prime wrote:The Allspark was the only time I actually LIKED the mass-shifting thing cos it wasn't an actual Transformer or sentient being and rather a 'magical mystical object thingy' that could get away with it. And it was kind of a neat effect too.

I will absolutely agree with you on that, I've never been a fan of the mass shifting alt-mode stuff. That's a good part of why I prefer my favorite Megatrons, Soundwaves, and Shockwaves to follow their more recent alt mode patterns of tanks and armored trucks and flying things and such instead of guns and tape decks small enough to be held. The only acceptable exceptions are Astrotrain and Broadside, but I'd like to think it's specifically something those two respectively can do because they're Triple-Changers with massive alt modes and because they only ever get BIGGER. The cosmic source of all sentient robot life should totally be able to reconfigure itself to suit it's purposes though.

Also yes, there should overall be more uniting and less fighting. Difference in opinions is to be expected, but being a G1-er or not a G1-er shouldn't be an insult, let people like what they like. This whole franchise is literally about things/individuals changing (in more ways than one), let change happen for better or for worse.

...okay I need sleep now.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985481)
Posted by Deadput on September 23rd, 2018 @ 4:25am CDT
Agent 53 wrote:
Also what the heck is going on?

Dude it's just two completely different groups of people.

There are a lot of fans not everyone agrees on the same thing.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985483)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 23rd, 2018 @ 4:37am CDT
Deadput wrote:
Agent 53 wrote:
Also what the heck is going on?

Dude it's just two completely different groups of people.

There are a lot of fans not everyone agrees on the same thing.

Exactly.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985488)
Posted by Prowl4 on September 23rd, 2018 @ 6:47am CDT
This movie has no idea what it wants to be. Lacks any continuity with Bay's movies with story and design being very messy.

Honestly it smells like this went into production before the last knight hit the public with an actual link to those movies and somebody has decided to hit the reset button very poorly and ill timed during the reception of TLK to affect this movie.

If it was linked to the Bay transformers fine make it so but if you're changing everything about it just call it a brand new movie in a brand new universe and spurt out all of the g1 designs you want. This looks so incoherent. Easy pass.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985489)
Posted by Prowl4 on September 23rd, 2018 @ 6:50am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:It just feels like it's trying to reward all those agressively obnoxious movie-hater G1 fans who I've had to defend my love of the movieverse stuff for the past 11 years to. Had to mute/block quite a few twitter folk over the years when i posted stuff i love about the films and it's toys.

But yeah, whatever.

Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985490)
Posted by Deadput on September 23rd, 2018 @ 6:54am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:The same heads hate Bay but are slurping up the girl actually naming bumblebee. It's dirt.

Like it makes any sense for his name to be Bumblebee in the first place.

Regardless if a concept or idea sounds bad the only thing hat matters is the execution of said idea.

You should probably have an open mind and see the movie first before proclaiming it to be dirt.
Re: Soundwave and Optimus Prime Featured in Teaser for next Bumblebee Movie Trailer (1985491)
Posted by Prowl4 on September 23rd, 2018 @ 6:56am CDT
Deadput wrote:

Like it makes any sense for his name to be Bumblebee in the first place.

Here's one of the fan girls. Dirt.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Prowl Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Red Alert Figure" on EBAY