Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band?

Transformers News: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band?

Monday, October 6th, 2008 5:30PM CDT

Categories: Game News, Press Releases, People News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 33,298

Stan Bush has contacted Activision in relation to getting his song "the Touch" from the 1986 Animated Transformers Movie included in either "Rock Band" or "Guitar Hero", according to an article on kotaku.com.

You can help Stan Bush get his track added to either "Rock Band" or "Guitar Hero" (or preferably both) by contacting Harmonix the creators of "Rock Band" and Activision the creators of "Guitar Hero" requesting that "The Touch" be added to their Playlists.

Not sure about who Stan Bush is, or what "the Touch" Sounds like? I suggest that you click here for more information.
Credit(s): Jeric, kotaku.com
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (804935)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 6th, 2008 @ 5:33pm CDT
Thanks for the report.

I may not be great at these games, but they are good fun, and "The Touch" would make an excellent addition...
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (804941)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on October 6th, 2008 @ 5:39pm CDT
I will sing the eff out of this song if it's on the next Rock Band
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805015)
Posted by primeoptimus on October 6th, 2008 @ 6:16pm CDT
im all for it,but they need dare to be stupid as well.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805043)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 6th, 2008 @ 6:26pm CDT
Someone needs to start a petition for each.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805056)
Posted by Bouncy X on October 6th, 2008 @ 6:31pm CDT
i think his song Dare would make for a better song on these games, though granted i'm just a guitar player so i dont care about the other intruments on rock band but yeah..lol

but hey, if they're gonna use songs from that soundtrack, then they have to get the transformers theme from lion...it has a guitar solo that begs rock band playing :P
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805059)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on October 6th, 2008 @ 6:32pm CDT
They should of thought of this when they made "Rock The 80s".
Oh well, I think it's a good idea.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805073)
Posted by PrimulArchangel on October 6th, 2008 @ 6:38pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Someone needs to start a petition for each.

To keep the song out of the games ?? I agree lol
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805100)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 6th, 2008 @ 6:49pm CDT
PrimulArchangel wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Someone needs to start a petition for each.

To keep the song out of the games ?? I agree lol

You, my friend, clearly suck monkey butt.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805139)
Posted by PrimulArchangel on October 6th, 2008 @ 7:06pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
PrimulArchangel wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Someone needs to start a petition for each.

To keep the song out of the games ?? I agree lol

You, my friend, clearly suck monkey butt.

LOL :lol: why because i think the song is bad? It was the worst thing about the animated movie. I didnt like it when i was a kid and seen it in theaters and it hasnt changed all these years.. Lion or Black Labs version of the transformers theme is a much better choice. Kids dont want to play some slow song like the touch , they want to rock out.

Use this song
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805305)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 6th, 2008 @ 9:06pm CDT
That would kick ass. Rather have it for rock band that way you can just buy it and not a hole track pack that may have crap songs with it. Unless the guys at guitar hero actually figure out that selling tracks by them selves is a better idea than track packs.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805325)
Posted by Malikon on October 6th, 2008 @ 9:15pm CDT
PrimulArchangel wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Someone needs to start a petition for each.

To keep the song out of the games ?? I agree lol

yeah I'll 2nd that.

Thanks but no thanks, it's bad enough cringing through it while watching the movie.

" Kids dont want to play some slow song like the touch , they want to rock out."
QFT it has everything that makes 80's music cheesy, all in one song. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805433)
Posted by Nickolai on October 6th, 2008 @ 10:49pm CDT
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805484)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 7th, 2008 @ 12:04am CDT
I'm with Nickolai, If they are going to do the Touch, they should have Instruments of Destruction as the perfect counterpoint to it (that's the title of that awsome track that follows up Megatron saying "Let the slaughter begin!" for those 3 or 4 of you who may not know. Yes, as a matter of fact I do have the soundtrack for the 1986 movie...On CASSETTE no less, as well as CD. No, I will not mention how #$*@ old I am so smeg off!

I think that having "The Touch" on Guitar Hero or Rock Band would be great for a first timer to the games such as myself since it would allow for a slower start than some of the other tracks on those games.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805493)
Posted by Nickolai on October 7th, 2008 @ 12:19am CDT
Ah yeah, there, Instruments of Destruction! Thanks for the title. Know who the artist is, btw?
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805500)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 7th, 2008 @ 12:27am CDT
Spectre General would be the group responsible for that one. I have heard rumor that said band was an Alice Cooper side project back in the 80's but that rumor has yet to be confirmed so please don't quote me on that.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805503)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 7th, 2008 @ 12:37am CDT
So where is that petition?? I'll sign once for myself and twice more on behalf of both of my kids since I know they'll go for it. :grin:

I enjoy the hell out of Stans work and even downloaded the tracks that SHOULD have made it onto the soundtrack of the last movie and then e-mailed RCA recordings to let them know that not including the tracks was a damn fool idea from a marketing standpoint.
I say let's get him onto RB, GH and the ROTF Soundtrack! Let's get as many signatures as we can and stuff them down the entertainment industrys collective throats until we get his work out into all the media forms we desire!
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805559)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 7th, 2008 @ 5:46am CDT
Nickolai wrote:I like The Touch and Dare, but they really need to include the song that plays when the Cons board the earth shuttle and make space for a new toy li... er, unjustly kill all the classic autobots on board. Yeah. That's it. ;;)

Instruments of Destruction by NRG
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805585)
Posted by Mykltron on October 7th, 2008 @ 6:51am CDT
I really don't think this is Guitar Hero material. If there was a Keys Hero then it would work. I think tracks like the Theme or Instruments of Destruction would be better.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805586)
Posted by Mykltron on October 7th, 2008 @ 6:54am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:Yes, as a matter of fact I do have the soundtrack for the 1986 movie...On CASSETTE no less, as well as CD. No, I will not mention how #$*@ old I am so smeg off!

I have it on vinyl :-B My mum gave it to me (and the comic book adaptation) when we got back from the cinema.

Greatest day of my life *contented sigh*
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" for Guitar Hero / Rock Band? (805605)
Posted by Psychout on October 7th, 2008 @ 7:37am CDT
Just... no.

Its bad enough that the series is already devolving down to b-sides as it is, I'm not having you fan-boys ruin the GH series for me with this crap.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "Hasbro Generations: Cybertron Soundwave Transformers Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "New Bumblebee Construct Bots Transformers Dinobot Riders Buildable action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader SKYWARP Combiner Wars IDW Design" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron AUTOBOT BLASTER & Steeljaw NEW! NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Thrilling 30 Autobot Springer 2014 Ages 5+ Universal NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Rare NEW Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "1982 Transformers Optimus Prime G1 Nearly Complete Original 1st Generation" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Fall of Cybertron GRIMLOCK - NEW MISB - GENERATIONS VOYAGER CLASS" on EBAY