Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185

Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185

Wednesday, October 21st, 2020 10:20am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,915

Thanks to Burn, AllNewSuperRobot and Cyberpath, we have several online internation listings for the upcoming new Masterpiece Starscream:

For UK you have In Demand Toys and Kapow:

£219.99 ID Toys

£214.95 Kapow Toys

Of Note, ID Toys gives the release date as 'June 2021', Kapow 'July 2021'

Amazon Japan for most people in the world wanting the best deal

19,419 yen ($185 USD) before shipping/fees

And for Australia, here is what our resident Australian found:

Burn wrote:
EB Games pre-order

For the low low price of $50 ... you can place a deposit and pre-order him, then come 30 June 2021 you can take him for an extra $459!

Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084871)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 10:56am CDT
So, Will, did you preordered him, or are you skipping?
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084873)
Posted by hausjam on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:07am CDT
Amazon Japan is ¥21,361, not 19419.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084875)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:18am CDT
hausjam wrote:Amazon Japan is ¥21,361, not 19419.

Also up on Anime-Export for a similar price.

Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084876)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:18am CDT
hausjam wrote:Amazon Japan is ¥21,361, not 19419.

Either you got the wrong link, or the price is already increasing due to high demand with the diminishing quantity.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084877)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:20am CDT
I think ¥21,361 is for people living in Japan.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084878)
Posted by hausjam on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:22am CDT
Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 11.21 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 11.22 AM.PNG
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084879)
Posted by hausjam on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:26am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:I think ¥21,361 is for people living in Japan.

I am in the US.

I preordered last week at this price. That is the price it has been all along.

If there is some secret club link to getting that price, please let me know.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084883)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:29am CDT
hausjam wrote:
Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 11.21 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 11.22 AM.PNG

Mine shows this price as well
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084887)
Posted by hausjam on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:34am CDT
Actually, My order shows the price as ¥ 20,633 with ¥ 3,103. Shipping. Still, that's a $12 difference.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084888)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:34am CDT
hausjam wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:I think ¥21,361 is for people living in Japan.

I am in the US.

I preordered last week at this price. That is the price it has been all along.

If there is some secret club link to getting that price, please let me know.

You ordered from the wrong Amazon seller.
I preordered at the right price but look like the price is already increasing. So that 19k yen price didn't last.

Glad I didn't missed my chance.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084889)
Posted by hausjam on October 21st, 2020 @ 11:36am CDT
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084894)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 12:20pm CDT
hausjam wrote:I ordered from アマゾンジャパン合同会社 which is Amazon Japan LLC. Who was I supposed to order from?

Sold by: Amazon.jp .
The one you got is from a 3P seller using the Amazon site.

The price you got may not be the best, but you could have ordered from E.B. Games Australia.....
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084895)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2020 @ 12:43pm CDT
The price that shows up on the main page is ¥21,361 but when you pre-order it outside of Japan it goes down to ¥19,419 (before shipping + estimated fees of your own country.) Isn't this the same for everyone?

Go to "Return & Orders" and take a look.

I doubt Amazon will raise the price. If anything it usually goes down even more (though not by a lot.)
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084896)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2020 @ 12:44pm CDT

Go to "Return & Orders" and take a look.

Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084903)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 1:28pm CDT
That's odd.
Worth the double post tho.

Oh.
I see that you must be logged in for the real price to show up.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084924)
Posted by william-james88 on October 21st, 2020 @ 6:31pm CDT
hausjam wrote:Amazon Japan is ¥21,361, not 19419.

You are including taxes for Japanese citizens.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084928)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 6:41pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
hausjam wrote:Amazon Japan is ¥21,361, not 19419.

You are including taxes for Japanese citizens.

Oh yeah, by law, the taxes when buying something in Japan MUST be included in the price displayed. One of the first foreign thing that baffle the Japanese tourist when going abroad is to find the things they pay for always have the "surprise total" when taxes are added after the fact. They really hate that.

And seriously, I'd love it if in Canada, they'd adopt such a law. This would make buying things much easier.
Also, if Quebec's tax would stop TAXING the Federal tax, that would be awesome. Taxing a tax. Only in Quebec. #-o
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084930)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on October 21st, 2020 @ 6:44pm CDT
But I'm still really okay with that price.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084931)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 21st, 2020 @ 6:49pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:I ordered from Amazonjp, and the total cost was $213, unless it decreases somehow before June.
But I'm still really okay with that price.

Wow. Your taxes are quite low. That's almost 40$CAN cheaper than what I will pay.

I find comfort in the fact that by paying the taxes from the start, I won't be charged 10$CAN more in "handling fees" by customs.
Re: Starscream Pre Orders for International Fans including Amazon Japan for $185 (2084933)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on October 21st, 2020 @ 6:57pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
But I'm still really okay with that price.

Yeah, I definitely am not complaining... I'm a bit relieved, because as I said before, I've been waiting for this figure (although obviously I had no idea it would ever happen... Even with the new versions of Prime and Megatron. I thought, "Yeah, but it's Optimus & Megatron... This won't happen for any other character").

Also, yeah good for you... Man, any break in costs we can get for one of these toys is awesome.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Ultra Class Thunderhowl Action Figu" on EBAY
Buy "Cup Topper Transformers The Last Knight Bumblebee + Optimus Prime Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide 2016 Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Figures by Super 7 (Wave 1 Complete) Optimus, Megatron etc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Subscription Service TFSS - COMBINER WRECKAGE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie Deluxe Wreckage Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Paradron Medics Ratchet and Lifeline" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise RATCHET & LIFELINE Paradron Medics 2-Pack MISB in USA" on EBAY