Transformers News: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More

Monday, May 14th, 2018 8:22AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,728

Thanks to a tip from fellow Seibertronian AFTRHR and the same Japanese workaround site figure.rash from a previous news story, we have some official stock photography intended for the Amazon Japan listings of the Takara Tomy releases of Transformers Power of the Primes figures - identical to the Hasbro releases, of course, after the brand unification - as the Amazon pages currently result in a 404 error and redirection.

Included in the update are PP-32 Prime Master and Decoy Suit Alpha Trion, Legends PP-33 Skrapnel (Shrapnel) and PP-34 Tailgate, Deluxe PP-35 Novastar (Firestar) and Voyager PP-36 Inferno - including the latter's combined mode with the Terrorcons from the previous wave and Moonracer as limbs. Check out all the images mirrored below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub boards!

Credit(s): Amazon JP
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959366)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 14th, 2018 @ 8:53am CDT
I'm surprised by how much I like Inferno's torso mode. The artwork really didn't do it justice. Yeah, I'm disappointed it reuses Defensor's head, but the color layout makes it look different enough. On a side note, I noticed that Inferno doesn't have the added heel supports that later uses of this mold used.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959367)
Posted by o.supreme on May 14th, 2018 @ 9:10am CDT
Well, with Inferno, at least, now I'll have a proper torso to attach TAV Override to. Still need a few more Autobot limbs to finish that combiner though...
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959370)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 14th, 2018 @ 9:34am CDT
Whew, the knees appear to be properly assembled.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959371)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 14th, 2018 @ 9:38am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Whew, the knees appear to be properly assembled.

If we have to choose between properly assembled knees or heel supports, working knees is probably the lesser of two evils.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959374)
Posted by Black Hat on May 14th, 2018 @ 10:07am CDT
Inferno will make a very good basis for the torso of a Nexus Prime custom. As Inferno himself though, nah.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959377)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 14th, 2018 @ 10:24am CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Whew, the knees appear to be properly assembled.

We don't know for sure if the heel spurs are missing or just not transformed. None of the photos show the back of the leg.

Also, if I have my choice between the 2, I'd much rather have the knees right than have the heel spurs. They don't really add much stability IMO. Hell I used Onslaught for 3-4 months before I even realized the heel spurs were there.

Edit: Looks like you are right on the lack of heel spurs, they do appear to be missing in the combined photo. I'd still prefer the knees to be right, Hot Spot stands just fine for me, plus you have the ladder behind him that can act as a 3rd leg.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959378)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 14th, 2018 @ 10:45am CDT
I don't think Inferno works as well as a stand-in for G2 Hotspot/Defensor. He needs a yellow combiner head and blue combiner kibble on the chest to really evoke that idea. I think this was just done to make one more use of the CW "firetruck" mold, and that's it. The impending release of an orange redeco of CW deluxe Groove as Wreck-Gar is probably more coincidence than intention for a "stealth" release of G2 Defensor, unfortunately.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959384)
Posted by o.supreme on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:01am CDT
Agreed, as much as I'd love a true G2 Defensor (or a Guard City and Battle Gaia for that matter)...I don't think this was intentional by any means. Still I don't know why they used another CW throwback. I mean sure its easy, but all those CW Voyagers had several uses. I'd think they would want to get another use out of Grimlock if anyone.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959385)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:01am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Whew, the knees appear to be properly assembled.

I may have worded that poorly. I agree that I'd rather have working knees. :D
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959387)
Posted by Rated X on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:05am CDT
What a dissapointment on the inferno torso. Wanted a G2 defensor not another POS generic combiner. Somebody tell Hasbro they failed right there.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959388)
Posted by o.supreme on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:05am CDT
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959390)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:09am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Also, just wanted to throw out. Am I right, that wave 2 Power Masters have not hit mass market retail in the United States? (I'm not talking about small isolated sightings, but major ones such as Walmart or Target)...Sad those are really the only 2 places to get TF toys now, at least in my area.

This seems to be the case. In fact, the only place I've seen them was at a collectables shop.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959394)
Posted by AlvinC on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:17am CDT
Have only seen wave 2 voyager/leader once(only at a Walmart) while wave 2 legends like 3-5 times at Target/Walmart. I just want my dinobots completed man :/
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959395)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 14th, 2018 @ 11:17am CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:
I may have worded that poorly. I agree that I'd rather have working knees. :D

Got it, and I easily could have read it poorly as well. ;)^
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959409)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 14th, 2018 @ 12:09pm CDT
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959411)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 14th, 2018 @ 12:12pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I love seeing new stock photos of the Transformers that we may never see because of Hasbro's crappy distribution network.

I know there's always a debate of whose fault distribution is. But I will say, I hoped distribution would get better after Titans Return. In reality, it only seems to have gotten worse. :(
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959415)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 14th, 2018 @ 12:31pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:

I agree that it's gotten worse, and to a certain extent I blame the Studio Series figures. I've been the Voyager/Deluxe (whatever they are supposed to be) and Leader class figures of them all over, but not the 2nd wave of POTP voyager and leader class.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959418)
Posted by 1984forever on May 14th, 2018 @ 12:56pm CDT
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959419)
Posted by o.supreme on May 14th, 2018 @ 1:12pm CDT
1984forever wrote:Another Skrapnel release? He’s warming the pegs at every Target I’ve been to. Maybe Hasbro should put out more figures per wave?

The photos are for the :TAKARATOMY: Release. Skrapnel is part of the October assortment for PotP in Japan. As far as I know, Legends Class Skrapnel is not part of any wave 3 or 4 legends repack waves being released in North America, so he's not getting another release here.
Re: Stock Images of Takara Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Novastar, Alpha Trion & More (1959436)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 14th, 2018 @ 3:10pm CDT
I'll feel a lot better once more Power of the Primes product is put up on HasbroToyShop, at least. I'm very lucky to have already found most of what I need for Wave 2, but I'm still short the ever elusive Wave 2 Prime Masters. I also want to get another copy of Elita One.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018