Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost

Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost

Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 4:46pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News, Collectables
Posted by: -Kanrabat-   Views: 39,110

Takara Tomy put up a new video advert for MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost on their site. If you live in Japan (or if you have a VPN ;) ) you can see the video directly and browse the high definition pictures HERE.

For the rest of the world, or for those who want to go the simple route, our fellow Seibertronian Powered Convoy found the mirror of the video on YouTube. The video show more angles on both figures, some more feature like an opening hood that reveal the engine, and a very brief transformation demo. Watch it at your leisure below:

Are you exited about their releases? Let us know what you think!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2101776)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 14th, 2021 @ 6:05pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2101777)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2021 @ 6:23pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really like to know why Skids isn't being offered by Amazon Japan yet but Reboost is. The more I have to wait, the more I'm being tempted.

Yeah, that's pretty weird.
Oh well, I'm glad that the one I really wanted is the one available. Man, I LOVE that compact scooter and the fact that we get a "retired Optimus Prime".

As for the "new direction of MP", I don't think it's a new direction at all. It's just that Skids barely appeared in the cartoon and Reboost is a Diaclone original. Meaning that they're not really restricted at an imperative "cartoon accuracy". This result in a pretty straightforward transformation as seen in the brief video above.

After the epic journey that was transforming MP-49 Black Convoy, taking a leisurely stroll with MP-54 Reboost will be refreshing.
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2101782)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 14th, 2021 @ 7:17pm CDT
I'm looking forward to the mold. I'm looking forward to something a little more MP-12 than MP-37 parts count wise
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2101819)
Posted by william-james88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 12:33am CDT
Awesome first article!
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2101825)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2021 @ 4:36am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Awesome first article!

Thanks!
Sooner or later, I'll earn the title. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2101827)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 15th, 2021 @ 4:42am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Awesome first article!

Thanks!
Sooner or later, I'll earn the title. ;)

Keep that quality of writing and it'll be sooner then you think ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2101847)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:41am CDT
From what was said about Skids and Reboost in the interview with Kōjin Ōno, it seems that they're really trying to push Reboost so as to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Honda City Turbo, which is why they made him in the first place. The red color is apparently the most iconic color version of the car, so they really wanna get that version out on the market, in addition to Skids (even if that means Skids gets promoted less).
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2101848)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2021 @ 10:00am CDT
Canadians ça preorder Skids and Reboost at Age 3 And Up for 115$can each.

Skids: https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/products/ ... p-53-skids

Reboost: https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/products/ ... 54-reboost

For Reboost, the better deal is still at Amazon.jp.
However, still no deal at all for Skids for now.
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2102672)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 21st, 2021 @ 10:06pm CDT
It took a while but MP Skids is finally available for international shipping at Amazon.JP.
At least for Canada. It may be different for you.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Transform ... ys&sr=1-12

I already got Reboost on preorder so I don't need this one. Still at least people now have the option.
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121705)
Posted by william-james88 on November 24th, 2021 @ 9:58am CST
There are several images popping up on Baidu for the upcoming Masterpiece 53 Skids and 54 Reboost. These give us our first look at the packaging. This makes sense as these toys are shipping out from Japanese retailers to be in people's hands by the end of the week. Oddly enough, some US based retailers getting the version distributed by Hasbro (with the extra Hasbro exclusive black box packaging) are pushing the date back.

In any case, here are the images, enjoy.

Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121706)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 24th, 2021 @ 10:02am CST
Looking forward to have mine but I've yet to receive any shipping notice from Amazon.jp.
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121718)
Posted by Glarryg on November 24th, 2021 @ 11:31am CST

Glarryg
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121755)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 24th, 2021 @ 8:26pm CST
Glarryg wrote:Got an email from BBTS just this morning that the release was pushed back seven months. Odd timing.

Glarryg

I think BBTS has been hit hard by shipping issues. I have a lot of things on PO that are delayed by months.
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121758)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 24th, 2021 @ 8:38pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Glarryg

I recently got a new kitten and as much that I want that new 3P "Nemesis Prime", I hope mine get delayed by that much too because that little fokker is expensive with it's usual "vets fee starter pack".
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121768)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 24th, 2021 @ 10:46pm CST

Glarryg

And I was so looking forward to this one, too. :(
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121777)
Posted by Burn on November 25th, 2021 @ 1:59am CST

Glarryg

That's interesting, because HLJ just charged me for mine. Just gotta ship him out now.
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121780)
Posted by Emerje on November 25th, 2021 @ 2:52am CST
I ordered the first two from AmiAmi so just waiting for a payment request from them. Crosscut I ordered from Pulse since he's an exclusive in Japan and he was also delayed to July.

Emerje
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121794)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 25th, 2021 @ 10:34am CST
I'm waiting on TFsource to charge me for Reboost, so far seems to be the only one that hasn't been pushed by anyone yet
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2121903)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 26th, 2021 @ 9:25pm CST
Amazon.jp just shipped my Crosscut.

I'll do a full pictorial review once it arrive.
Re: Takara Tomy Debut Promotional Video For MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost (2122044)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 28th, 2021 @ 8:12pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Amazon.jp just shipped my Crosscut.

I'll do a full pictorial review once it arrive.

wait wait wait, how is Crosscut coming out first?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #300 - Last Pod Standing
"Last Pod Standing"
Posted: Sunday, May 15th, 2022

Buy "Instrument Transformer 468-480 Voltage Potential Transformers 480V Prim No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Torch Ratchet Fast Action Battler 2008 INCOMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Paradron Medics Ratchet & Lifeline" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Blue Rescue Rig Figure RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mutant Beast Wars Deluxe Soundwave Action Figure Raptor 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Quickshadow Car Vehicle Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "rare vintage 80's TRANSFORMERS G1 TOPSPIN JUMPSTARTERS Variant ANTEX ARGENTINA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Super7 Megatron (Exclusive Golden Lagoon) Reaction Figure DP23" on EBAY