Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images

Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 5:40am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News, Interviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 34,743

Thanks to the official Takara Tomy website, we have more news regarding the Transformers Masterpiece MP24 Star Saber figure, in the form of a lenghty interview with its designer team, including Hisashi Yuki. The interview, found here, is in Japanese, but we can summarily report that it mentions decisions about size, stability, poseability, reference material and accuracy - and includes a nice good number of images, mirrored below for your enjoyment!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designer Interview and Images

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 7:35am CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605084)
Posted by Autobot Dash on September 9th, 2014 @ 7:09am CDT
Yeah!

"in the form of a lenghty interview with its designer team, including Hisashi Yuki"
Cool, very cool!

"The interview, found here"
YEAH, YEAH!!!

"is in Japanese"
:-( :-( :-(
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605088)
Posted by Va'al on September 9th, 2014 @ 7:32am CDT
Autobot Dash wrote:"we have more news regarding the Transformers Masterpiece MP24 Star Saber figure"
Yeah!

Cool, very cool!

"The interview, found here"
YEAH, YEAH!!!

"is in Japanese"
:-( :-( :-(

Ha! :D

Yeah, I know, but I have little time to humanise the machine translation today, and don't feel comfortable posting Google Translate version as-is. You're welcome to use it though!
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605090)
Posted by Autobot Dash on September 9th, 2014 @ 7:46am CDT
Va'al wrote:
Yeah!

Cool, very cool!

"The interview, found here"
YEAH, YEAH!!!

"is in Japanese"
:-( :-( :-(

Ha! :D

I tried it, but the result is not very satisfatory... :-(
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605091)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 9th, 2014 @ 7:46am CDT
I don't hate this, I just have little interest in it. Star Sabre was never on my radar as a kid so he has no place on my Masterpiece shelf today.
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605101)
Posted by WildclawPrime on September 9th, 2014 @ 8:16am CDT
So far, so good Takara. Still waiting for you to make a Victory Leo.
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605102)
Posted by Black Hat on September 9th, 2014 @ 8:16am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605176)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:2) Where's the laser rifle for Saber?
Left hand side of this pic:

Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605178)
Posted by Va'al on September 9th, 2014 @ 12:25pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:I've never seen any of the Japanese-exclusive G1 series (like Zone, Victory, The Headmasters etc) so I don't really have any attachment to the character. Regardless that is an amazing looking toy- they seem to have completely nailed it. IIRC, Star Sabre is one of the most beloved Transformers ever in Japan, and they look to have done him justice. I'll bet there's some very happy fans over there right now.

It was the result of a fan poll, so you'd hope so! :D
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605220)
Posted by cramoptimus maximus on September 9th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
Its great to get a little insight into the design of these figures... I wished that some of that design process translated into something that came with the figure and into the box. I would love to have the rough sketches and pictures of various prototypes to be included as a book with each MP. A good example was the franky shogun figure from soul of chogokin earlier this year.
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605242)
Posted by thedistinctroom on September 9th, 2014 @ 3:01pm CDT

:KREMZEEK:
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605266)
Posted by DMSL on September 9th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
thedistinctroom wrote:Hisashi Yuki is my hero. I read that he only had 12 days to design MP Megatron. Wow.

:KREMZEEK:

So he was drunk for 12 days straight, huh?

:roll:
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605325)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 9th, 2014 @ 8:53pm CDT
DMSL wrote:

:KREMZEEK:

So he was drunk for 12 days straight, huh?

:roll:

I don't get it. Do you mean the fragile, easily break off parts of Megs? I don't think Yuki would have had much say on materials would have been used or if that is the case, then the suits at Tomy must have opted for cheaper materials ( for one after hearing the horror stories on MP-05 fragility never transformed him).

Design wise, given the base alternate mode of Megs, for it's time, that was state of the art. Hopefully a more buff and sturdier version and in scale to MP-10 will be released.

But if true, the 12 day deadline to release such an intricate and complicated fig is amazing.
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605339)
Posted by shajaki on September 9th, 2014 @ 9:58pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
It was the result of a fan poll, so you'd hope so! :D
does anyone think that... japanese TF fans resent us? pretty much everything hastak releases is geared toward us. even when MP SS was announced, and number of our fandom were upset that an obscure(ish) character we never even had over here was getting the MP treatment. anyone think they feel that way about us? and MP1-23?
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605341)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 9th, 2014 @ 10:01pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Va'al wrote:
It was the result of a fan poll, so you'd hope so! :D
The Japanese got the same shows and characters we got.

Also, more tweeted pics:

Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605344)
Posted by shajaki on September 9th, 2014 @ 10:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Va'al wrote:
It was the result of a fan poll, so you'd hope so! :D
The Japanese got the same shows and characters we got.
youre right. but thats not to say that headmasters and on havent been widely ignored.
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605362)
Posted by Convoy on September 9th, 2014 @ 10:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Image

Star can hold his Saber Blade the right way in one hand. I might just be able to sleep tonight. Thanks Sabrblade.
I noticed for the first time, in the pic with the guy holding the figure, that it actually has rocking hip articulation. (pun fully intended.)

This one:
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605367)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 9th, 2014 @ 10:52pm CDT

Kind of like Starship Maximus reminds me of Pegasus Whitebase.
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605370)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 10th, 2014 @ 12:11am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Something just hit me. Sure his battle helmet reminds me of the RX-78 Mobile Suit. I just realized, after looking at him closely, the V-star reminds me of the Core fighter attached to the G-booster. Nearly the same red, white and blue motif.

Kind of like Starship Maximus reminds me of Pegasus Whitebase.

Not surprising since Gundam was huge at the time and Star Saber was heavily based on the RXYZ, especially in the feet.

Rifle and can hold the sword right YES!
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605376)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 10th, 2014 @ 12:53am CDT
Up and sold out already

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... URE-007801

Mid March 2015

Roughly $ 124.00 not including shipping based on the current exchange rate.
Re: Takara Tomy MP24 Masterpiece Star Saber Designers Interview and Images (1605434)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2014 @ 8:10am CDT
Okay, Yuki-san is totally spoiling us:

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers RID Robots in Disguise Fracture Warrior Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime vs Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers United UN24 Warpath Generations Deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Deluxe 2006 RID Grimlock Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SMOKESCREEN Complete WFC Generations Select" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Robots in Disguise Megatron Voyager Classics  2006 Hasbro w/Manual" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 630509396436 Combiner Wars Victorion Robot Soft Vinyl Doll" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Universe Classic Deluxe Class: Starscream" on EBAY