Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available

Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available

Monday, June 2nd, 2008 2:41pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 39,638

Mandingo Rex of TFormers.com has just updated a thread in which he shows us high resolution pictures of a printable Teletraan-1 display set and the Autobot Ark interior. Mandigo Rex has been working on this project for about a year or so and has finally given us links to access his awesome creation.

As evident by the pictures, this model was designed to be in scale with Transformers Alternators figures. Mandingo Rex does state that you can scale down the pictures for any other series also.

To view the high resolution, downloadable pictures, click here.

To view the complete original thread on this, click here.

Credit(s): Mandingo Rex

Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714075)
Posted by JesWal on June 2nd, 2008 @ 2:48pm CDT
Sweet! Im also diggin the custom alternators!
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714076)
Posted by Nekoman on June 2nd, 2008 @ 2:48pm CDT
Saw this earlier.

Too bad my printer’s out of color though. :-x
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714109)
Posted by thedistinctroom on June 2nd, 2008 @ 3:28pm CDT
Beauty is a rare thing. I've got to print and build this asap! Very much appreciated.
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714114)
Posted by mandingo_rex on June 2nd, 2008 @ 3:31pm CDT
Wow, didn't expect this to be posted as news! Haha.

Thanks guys, it's actually that the designs are done, the final high-res files have yet to be finalized for print...

So the ones you see on the site are only test proofs, I've recently color corrected them to match the Ark panels (the Ark panels ARE done, and ready for printing on 11x17).

The Teletraan-I unit is pretty much done, design-wise... I'm still waiting to print it out and assemble it all together. I've been super busy these last few weeks, but I hope to get the final high-res files available within the week.

Sami (SamiWCP) is helping me test the prints to make sure everything lines up, I actually don't have full access to my work plotters for a few days. Right now, the design files allow it to be printed at 30" tall, at max size, but that's a tad big I realized. I intended it for MP/Alternator scale at the largest, went a TAD big.
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714119)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 2nd, 2008 @ 3:38pm CDT
This stuff looks so good it looks fake!
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714130)
Posted by First Gen on June 2nd, 2008 @ 3:58pm CDT
mandingo_rex wrote:Wow, didn't expect this to be posted as news! Haha.

This thing is so purely awesome I had to news it. It's beautiful, it's what the fans want and you're not charging for it. Thats a story!
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714136)
Posted by Dread_Wing on June 2nd, 2008 @ 4:04pm CDT
That is a gorgeous piece of work, if I can work out how to scale it down to Classics/G1 size I am there! Impressive job, and I like the Alternators too, there are not enough good Ironhide figures floating around.
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714152)
Posted by DMSL on June 2nd, 2008 @ 4:26pm CDT
WOW awesome im gonna try to get one for my alts/MP's and G1's. Great work dude!
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714157)
Posted by soundwave13c on June 2nd, 2008 @ 4:31pm CDT
i am so building this!!!!

its a great display case too :grin:
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714162)
Posted by mandingo_rex on June 2nd, 2008 @ 4:39pm CDT
Hey guys, I have new files posted with slight edits. Check the original post for updates.

Thanks guys! By the way, the custom Alts use Valkfan's heads, but sadly I just lost them recently in a fire. They were my favorites!
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714166)
Posted by First Gen on June 2nd, 2008 @ 4:43pm CDT
mandingo_rex wrote:http://x4.ofgraphicdesign.com/projects/ark/MID-RES/

Here's the temporary low-resolution images. The high-res files are just too big for now, I hope the traffic doesn't cripple my site.

They have been color corrected to match the Ark plates, and scaled down slightly. They're 200dpi and should still work well for a 24" tall unit, if people so desire.

I'm not promising that everything lines up just yet, but keep checking the original thread for updates.

Ah yes. I'll be heading over to Staples for some heavy weight paper tonight. Just amazing.
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714188)
Posted by TFGnome on June 2nd, 2008 @ 5:08pm CDT
holy wow, i plan on building a form to paste this to and cover it in a clear coat, i will have teletraan.
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714222)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 2nd, 2008 @ 5:34pm CDT
That is one hell of a cool addition, the detailing is fantastic!
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714248)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:03pm CDT
If I were going to print it, I'd want to do it on some cardstock at a print shop.
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714268)
Posted by alf the explorer on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:17pm CDT
Great work! I might just have to download these when they are all finished.
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714288)
Posted by skyrinkfusion on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:35pm CDT
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714300)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 2nd, 2008 @ 6:41pm CDT
FRAC I don't have a working printer :(
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714341)
Posted by Maldroth on June 2nd, 2008 @ 7:24pm CDT
I wonder if some sort of arrangement can be made with Seibertron.com to host the finished files? Would bring some traffic to download the files.

The panels would also be nice to tint purple for some Nemesis backgrounds for decepticon displays.

Excellent work man!
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714499)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on June 2nd, 2008 @ 9:55pm CDT
skyrinkfusion wrote:yea, same here, good quality cardstock would be necessary here...and also though it may seem to be free, this print out is gonna use up a heck of a lot of ink, maybe a full cartridge or two

Which is why it would be vastly cheaper to print it up at some sort of print shop, where they have industrial gear.
Re: Teletraan-1 and the Ark display set now available (714523)
Posted by QuintessonWarlord on June 2nd, 2008 @ 10:17pm CDT
i have a question i want to make one of these for my G1 Prime to stand next to and look pretty size accurate.

i will be taking these to Kin --- i mean a 'print shop'---- but how big should i tell them to print it as............???

i am horrible with computer lingo, so please answer so us retards can tell those people what to print with as little talkin/embarrassment as possible? thanks!!!!!!!!

by the way, awesome artwork, details, like the SkySpy uplink!

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY