TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY"

TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY"

Sunday, December 9th, 2007 5:33pm CST

Categories: Site News, Comic Book News, Site Articles
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 44,432

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply



The price of greatness is responsibility.

Credit(s): Richter


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499244)
Posted by i_amtrunks on December 9th, 2007 @ 5:35pm CST
You know the Drill Richter!

Two Arielbots and two Protectobots..

Will they be facing off against some Stunticons and Combaticons perchance?
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499258)
Posted by Richter on December 9th, 2007 @ 5:44pm CST
i_amtrunks wrote:You know the Drill Richter!

Two Arielbots and two Protectobots..

Will they be facing off against some Stunticons and Combaticons perchance?

Thanks, Trunks. You must be as busy as I am :)

No Stunticons in this piece, but one Combaticon does have a quick cameo.

Actually, there really aren't very many Cons in this piece at all. This is very much told from the Autobots' perspectives.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499265)
Posted by robofeeney on December 9th, 2007 @ 5:49pm CST
Nice, so the final one is Hotspot.
Sad that the teaser's done and over with, now we wait until the month is over for the story.
Guess it's worth it though, this looks like it'll be great!
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499289)
Posted by i_amtrunks on December 9th, 2007 @ 6:02pm CST
Richter wrote:Thanks, Trunks. You must be as busy as I am :)

No Stunticons in this piece, but one Combaticon does have a quick cameo.

Actually, there really aren't very many Cons in this piece at all. This is very much told from the Autobots' perspectives.


Hey it's Monday morning and barely anyone came into the office this morning!

I'd love to see Swindle but he has featured already in Spotlight: Magnus.

So very few Decepticons= very very character driven, as in soul searching, flashback driven stories?
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499294)
Posted by Richter on December 9th, 2007 @ 6:07pm CST
i_amtrunks wrote:Hey it's Monday morning and barely anyone came into the office this morning!

I'd love to see Swindle but he has featured already in Spotlight: Magnus.

So very few Decepticons= very very character driven, as in soul searching, flashback driven stories?

Sounds like my day at work :)

No Swindle, for the reason you stated.

"very very character driven" is right!!!!

At least on flashback, but most of this focuses on how the individual deals with their respective role in the war, lots of tough decisions and actions they're not too happy with.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499298)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 9th, 2007 @ 6:11pm CST
Yeah! Loving some Hot Spot stuff! Very cool.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499478)
Posted by Duke of Luns on December 9th, 2007 @ 8:11pm CST
Hot Spot, :lol: . Oh man, that's GREAT! I swear the shadow looked exactly like Silverbolt, great job artist, great job.

So wait, is this supposed to take place somewhere in IDW continuity?
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499488)
Posted by Richter on December 9th, 2007 @ 8:18pm CST
Duke of Luns wrote:Hot Spot, :lol: . Oh man, that's GREAT! I swear the shadow looked exactly like Silverbolt, great job artist, great job.

So wait, is this supposed to take place somewhere in IDW continuity?

Yeah, we had always planned on this taking place during infiltration / escalation / stormbringer. But as most people know, at least one of our main characters appears in the upcomming Spotlight: Blaster. So this may take place after that comic.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499494)
Posted by Bass X0 on December 9th, 2007 @ 8:20pm CST
I knew it was Hot Spot but I couldn't work out what pose he would be in by his silhouette.

I'll be interested in this. I hope this keeps the characters known personalities that we've come to know throughout the years.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499537)
Posted by Sherade on December 9th, 2007 @ 8:42pm CST
I told you it was Silver..wait..it isn't?
Coulda fooled me.
The artist is a mean little trickster. :P
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499557)
Posted by wordmongerer on December 9th, 2007 @ 8:56pm CST
Bass X0 wrote:I knew it was Hot Spot but I couldn't work out what pose he would be in by his silhouette.

I'll be interested in this. I hope this keeps the characters known personalities that we've come to know throughout the years.


You'll definitely recognise them, although a few of them will be given some depth for the first time.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499638)
Posted by robofeeney on December 9th, 2007 @ 10:01pm CST
So, do they have the combination ability or no? (In Dreamwave they did, in IDW, they woulddn't yet...) Would be interesting to see a Scramble-City mesh of the four, minus an arm (only this time he won't be wishing he had First Aid, but rather anyone!).
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499641)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on December 9th, 2007 @ 10:02pm CST
Dam, I really thogh that last mystery bot was definately Silverbolt. Coulda fooled me. I wouldn't have guessed Hot Spot. And whose arm is that directly below the flag pole? It looks like Brawl's arm.....but I dunno.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499658)
Posted by i_amtrunks on December 9th, 2007 @ 10:20pm CST
robofeeney wrote:So, do they have the combination ability or no? (In Dreamwave they did, in IDW, they woulddn't yet...) Would be interesting to see a Scramble-City mesh of the four, minus an arm (only this time he won't be wishing he had First Aid, but rather anyone!).


I would say not, since this is meant to be in continuity with the IDW stories, where the only combination technology belongs to the Monsterbots, and even then it is severely stuffed up.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499676)
Posted by robofeeney on December 9th, 2007 @ 10:32pm CST
Fair enough.
Wait, they've shown Hung-RR and them combining? Thought they were just referenced to?
Regardless, I figured there wouldn't be any sort of combining, was just a back-of-the-mind whim and wish.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499682)
Posted by Jeysie on December 9th, 2007 @ 10:34pm CST
Hmm. Newbie question (must find time to read more comics!): what is the status/origins of the various "combiner groups" in IDW continuity, then? Just squads that work together?
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499700)
Posted by wordmongerer on December 9th, 2007 @ 10:43pm CST
i_amtrunks wrote:
robofeeney wrote:So, do they have the combination ability or no? (In Dreamwave they did, in IDW, they woulddn't yet...) Would be interesting to see a Scramble-City mesh of the four, minus an arm (only this time he won't be wishing he had First Aid, but rather anyone!).


I would say not, since this is meant to be in continuity with the IDW stories, where the only combination technology belongs to the Monsterbots, and even then it is severely stuffed up.


Indeed. If combiners exist then everyone would combine. Unless there are consequences...

I should add that the full complement of both teams (plus more bots) appear in this story, although not all take centre stage.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499702)
Posted by robofeeney on December 9th, 2007 @ 10:48pm CST
I should add that the full complement of both teams (plus more bots) appear in this story, although not all take centre stage.


That actually clears a lot up.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499705)
Posted by robofeeney on December 9th, 2007 @ 10:52pm CST
Jeysie wrote:Hmm. Newbie question (must find time to read more comics!): what is the status/origins of the various "combiner groups" in IDW continuity, then? Just squads that work together?


If I recall correctly, some squads that become combiners aren't even a working group yet (Swindle operates seperate from the rest of the Combaticons if they even work together yet, his only appearance was in the Ultra Magnus Spotlight and it was as an illegal parts seller). So far I think the only confirmed groups working together are Hung-Rr's team (forget the subname, they become Abominus) and the Constructicons.
Re: TF WAR JOURNAL: "DUTY" (499716)
Posted by steve2275 on December 9th, 2007 @ 11:06pm CST
robofeeney wrote:
Jeysie wrote:Hmm. Newbie question (must find time to read more comics!): what is the status/origins of the various "combiner groups" in IDW continuity, then? Just squads that work together?

So far I think the only confirmed groups working together are Hung-Rr's team (forget the subname, they become Abominus)

the terrorcons

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
Twincast / Podcast #262:
"Generational Taxonomy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES #66 LEADER OVERLOAD ACTION FIGURE IN HAND!!!  NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1  Roadbuster Rear Trunk Cover Part, Original 1984" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Triggercon Crankcase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Drift # 36 with Baby Tops, Pterry, Sharp Dino" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Unicron W/ Dead End Mini Con Transformers Armada Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Crosshairs Deluxe Class Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers  Age of Extinction Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "JADA TRANSFORMERS 5 2016 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CROSSHAIRS GREEN 1/24 DIECAST 98499" on EBAY