TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1

TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1

Saturday, December 24th, 2011 2:04pm CST

Category: Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 36,834

New Pictures surfaced on Full Metal Hero showing the 5 transforming dinosaur robots from TFC. These images are colored renderings and feature a prominent Star-Q logo. Each member of this combing team seems to have set color designation. Blue, Green, Red, Purple and Orange. The articles states this is slated for a March 2012 release. Will a G1 inspired repaint be released later? No word yet. Mirrored below are pics of the Pterodactyl and Tyrannosaurus. Click the pics to view all five members or click here.

Credit(s): fullmetalhero.com

Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326713)
Posted by DISCHARGE on December 24th, 2011 @ 2:47pm CST
With the right color, the pterodactyl would make a good Cutthroat.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326715)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on December 24th, 2011 @ 2:50pm CST
1st reaction: I am a disappoint.

2nd reaction: I heart combiners.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326718)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on December 24th, 2011 @ 3:13pm CST
I don't care what color they are, at least we're getting something like them
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326719)
Posted by ShardFenix on December 24th, 2011 @ 3:18pm CST
combining dinosaur robots? dont really give a fuck if they are G1 colored or not. They are combining dinosaur robots.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326727)
Posted by dinogeist on December 24th, 2011 @ 3:53pm CST
i love these things their pure awesome. dinobots that formed a combiner has been a dream of mine since 1985.

i'm curious to see what the gestalt head & chest attachment piece looks like.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326740)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 24th, 2011 @ 4:13pm CST
Dinosaur combiners? Do want. they'd be better in G1 colors, though.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326744)
Posted by Blozor on December 24th, 2011 @ 4:38pm CST
I seem to remember seeing a teaser image of some company doing fully articulated G1 accurate Dinobots. Anyone ever hear whatever became of that?
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326780)
Posted by dinogeist on December 24th, 2011 @ 7:25pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Dinosaur combiners? Do want. they'd be better in G1 colors, though.

I honestly don't need these 3rd party dino combiners in G-1 colors. as long as the dinosaur modes are grey/silver colored on the outside then that's close enough for me.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326794)
Posted by dedcat on December 24th, 2011 @ 8:28pm CST
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326804)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 24th, 2011 @ 9:09pm CST
And an easy pass is made even easier...
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326810)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 24th, 2011 @ 9:39pm CST
If these were G1 colored, I'd have gotten them in a heartbeat. But, since they aren't it's an easy pass. For the amount of $$$ I'd shell out on these I'd want them to be MY Neo G1 Dinos. And, no matter how I slice it .... they aren't.

They aren't bad, they just aren't the Dinos I'm looking for.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326818)
Posted by dinogeist on December 24th, 2011 @ 10:25pm CST
dedcat wrote:My initial impression is they are reminiscent of the old dinozaurs toys from a few years back. I still have my 'NO!' hat on for these, but I'm guessing once fully colored and combined pics come out, I'll cave in and purchase the lot... provided the cost isn't exceedingly high(I'm looking at you tfc toys)

IMHO,The 1985 five Dinobots were 70% grey/silver colored. IMHO,These 3rd party dino combiners are clearly 70% grey/silver colored.

My guess is this third party company picked blue for the Pteradactly in a attemp to mimic the Diaclone swoop blue colors.

I don't mind this 3rd party T-rex having red high light colors. because I dis-like the yellow/gold highlight colors that 1985 grimlock had.

For the 3rd party triceratops & stegosauras robo dino's,since hasbro did g-2 colors. perhaps these 3rd party dino's might be in G-2 colors.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326825)
Posted by highburn on December 24th, 2011 @ 10:45pm CST
These are not the droids you are looking for..... move along.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326844)
Posted by puttster3 on December 24th, 2011 @ 11:36pm CST
I would love to see comparision shots with these to the Hercules set.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326903)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 25th, 2011 @ 3:30am CST
Wow, I'm normally one for supporting third party creators...but those are horrible.

I was expecting something in the likes of the energon combiner...but without the price tag which that sets goes for :(
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326907)
Posted by DMSL on December 25th, 2011 @ 3:59am CST
I think they all look terrible so i don't really care.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1326997)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 25th, 2011 @ 1:31pm CST
Interesting choice of colours. Perhaps they're going for a Teenage Robotic Warrior Dinosaurs look. The pterodactyl can be Donatello and the tyrannosaurus can be Raphael. If memory serves, the long-necked one was going to be green. He can be Casey Jones. :grin:

Regardless of what colours these come in they're certainly a pass for me. I'm no fan of the Dinobot gestalt idea and they're just not menacing enough individually.
Re: TFC Dino Combiner color images, not G1 (1330840)
Posted by DJrasmo on January 5th, 2012 @ 9:39pm CST
DUDES!

The only thing that could possibly make the Dinobots MOAR EPIC is...to make a combiner out of them!

I think the scene in the movie where ol' Devy is rocking the D-bots during the battle for Autobot City would have gone an entirely different direction if Grimlock woulda been all, like:
"Dinobots, combine into "

Hellls yeah...already committed to these!

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 64 Cliff jumper Bumblebee Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TR WEIRDWOLF & Monxo - Titans Return Deluxe New HM Wolfwire" on EBAY