TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed

TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed

Friday, January 27th, 2012 12:45pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,523

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As promised The Official Transformers Collectors' Club has fully revealed their 2012 exclusive Over-Run (aka Runabout)! Bio and robot mode image below. We expect pre-orders to open for this guy and their other 2012 exclusive Shattered Glass Drift sometime next week.


OVER-RUN tries to pass himself off as a suave connoisseur of fine things. It’s not a façade he can really maintain for long, less because of his generally low intelligence and more because his interest in beautiful objects starts and ends with “blow them up!” His drive to seem sophisticated is in direct conflict with his enthusiastic love of explosions and action. The former is almost always on the losing side of that battle. He’s not interested in the Decepticons’ plans for conquest; he’s just with them because of the greater opportunities for his kind of fun. He’s always on the move, looking to create a bigger fireball, a larger bomb crater, and generally cram every microsecond with action.

He is partnered with the hyperactive RUNAMUCK, and has never had more fun in his life. Marginally smarter than his partner, he also has better self-control, giving the pairing just enough focus to present a real danger to most robots they gang up on.

Over-Run is a Deluxe sized figure featured in the Wings Universe and is Runamuck’s demolition partner. Over-Run utilizes one of the extremely popular “Classics” molds and features an all-new head sculpt by Dan Khanna and Paul Brooks. The toy is packed in a convention style box with a foam insert for easy removal and display.


Image

Credit(s): TFCC


This article was last modified on Friday, January 27th, 2012 1:21pm CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339099)
Posted by Delicon on January 27th, 2012 @ 1:09pm CST
I've passed on a lot of the club exclusives but I really think I'll have to get this one.
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339108)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 27th, 2012 @ 1:23pm CST
Yay! Rub sign's check! :D
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339109)
Posted by F Prime on January 27th, 2012 @ 1:25pm CST
Pretty excited to get these two figures. Now I just need to find a large enough Statue of Liberty playset for them to deface.....
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339115)
Posted by Mkall on January 27th, 2012 @ 1:42pm CST
That's pure aswesomeness. I can't wait to have these two.
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339117)
Posted by metalformer on January 27th, 2012 @ 1:49pm CST
*Sigh*
Somebody should make custom stickers for these packages (ala ReproLabel) to "correct" these "injustices" and restore its G1 Glory!
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339123)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on January 27th, 2012 @ 2:04pm CST
"Over-Run utilizes one of the extremely popular “Classics” molds" This makes me laugh. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind this mold at all, but let's be frank: its only "popular" because its one of 5 molds Hasbro uses.

Still, I can't wait for both and seems I had both as a kid, they're getting a special place on my shelf. I'm already thinking of making some tweaks to the transformation though, specifically how the "Wings" are displayed. I may leave mine down along the body, like the old "arms" that the G1 guys had.
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339131)
Posted by LiKwid on January 27th, 2012 @ 2:18pm CST
They can call him what they want..I know who it's gonna be on my shelf :P Gonna be a long morning of f5in :P
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339135)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 27th, 2012 @ 2:25pm CST
ViperEye82 wrote:Still, I can't wait for both and seems I had both as a kid, they're getting a special place on my shelf. I'm already thinking of making some tweaks to the transformation though, specifically how the "Wings" are displayed. I may leave mine down along the body, like the old "arms" that the G1 guys had.


This one dude, Genral Tekno, he did this way cool transformation for Wheeljack that'll give you like a more accurate looking Runamuck and Runabout. :D
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339144)
Posted by rpetras on January 27th, 2012 @ 2:36pm CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:This one dude, Genral Tekno, he did this way cool transformation for Wheeljack that'll give you like a more accurate looking Runamuck and Runabout. :D



:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Nice work Tekno. Very nice indeed!
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339146)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 27th, 2012 @ 2:41pm CST
Definately getting this guy.

Still undecided on SG Drift. I'm not into the whole SG thing But I would repurpose him as Turbo or Lightspeed. Unfortunately, the Japanese deco makes that hard to do. :-?
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339166)
Posted by Mkall on January 27th, 2012 @ 3:24pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:Definately getting this guy.

Still undecided on SG Drift. I'm not into the whole SG thing But I would repurpose him as Turbo or Lightspeed. Unfortunately, the Japanese deco makes that hard to do. :-?

There's always W.A.R.S.

Great... now I'm tempted to get two
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339173)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 27th, 2012 @ 3:46pm CST
Mkall wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Definately getting this guy.

Still undecided on SG Drift. I'm not into the whole SG thing But I would repurpose him as Turbo or Lightspeed. Unfortunately, the Japanese deco makes that hard to do. :-?

There's always W.A.R.S.

Great... now I'm tempted to get two


Ah, now you're talkin'.
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339194)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 27th, 2012 @ 4:38pm CST
"Reads Bio"
They should have named him "Classics Michael Bay"
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339197)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 27th, 2012 @ 4:54pm CST
What kind of scheduling is there to hinder naming something what it should be named? I just don't get it. I'd still get him and use the name Runabout.
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339203)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 27th, 2012 @ 5:01pm CST
Blackstreak wrote:What kind of scheduling is there to hinder naming something what it should be named? I just don't get it. I'd still get him and use the name Runabout.


Trademarks have to be registered first, then Hasbro needs to file reports on usage. All of that takes time, but reporting usage of a name already in possession is quickly done.
Also, registering new names costs quite a bit of money, so again Hasbro has made it a sport to re-use names they already have. "Breakaway" instead of "Getaway" and "Over-Run" instead of "Spastic" come to mind.
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339210)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 27th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Trademarks have to be registered first,


Actually, in America, they don't. Unregistered Trademarks relating to a specific context is protectable in US Courts. Please note the bolded statement in the below quote.

At least according to several lawyers commenting on the Intellectual Property Case Games Workshop has brought against Chapterhouse Studios:

"
You can get trademark protection for certain words that are in common use (for example, Apple) if there's little relation to the actual product being produced (computers). But if the word is generic or merely descriptive of the good being sold then you can't get protection.

Trademarks can be (in decreasing order of protection):
Fanciful (EXXON for oil company)
Arbitrary (APPLE for computers)
Suggestive (MICROSOFT for microprocessor software)
Descriptive (SHARP for copiers)
Generic (MINIATURE for miniatures games)

Generic marks can never be protected, descriptive marks can only be protected to the extent they've developed secondary meaning. So while "Games Workshop" might be descriptive (for example; although GW would probably argue that the mark is suggestive), it has developed secondary meaning in the market beyond its literal meaning. Therefore, the term is protected.

What GW is (probably) going to argue is that the words described above are "Descriptive" and have developed secondary meaning on their own. CH will say that those terms are merely generic, or have not developed secondary meaning, and therefore not protected.

In terms of legitimacy, there's little difference between registered and unregistered trademarks (registered trademarks just go through this process before the USPTO rather than waiting for a court to make the determination) "

Essentially, just because you haven't registered a trademark, doesn't mean you don't own it.
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339214)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 27th, 2012 @ 5:29pm CST
Midnight_Fox wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Trademarks have to be registered first,


Actually, in America, they don't. Unregistered Trademarks relating to a specific context is protectable in US Courts.

At least according to several lawyers commenting on the Intellectual Property Case Games Workshop has brought against Chapterhouse Studios.


Well, registered as in that the Trademark Office knows such and such company has the rights to such and such name in such and such area. :)
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339217)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 27th, 2012 @ 5:35pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Trademarks have to be registered first,


Actually, in America, they don't. Unregistered Trademarks relating to a specific context is protectable in US Courts.

At least according to several lawyers commenting on the Intellectual Property Case Games Workshop has brought against Chapterhouse Studios.


Well, registered as in that the Trademark Office knows such and such company has the rights to such and such name in such and such area. :)


Interestingly, according to the TFCC Magazine covers, Transformers itself is an unregistered Trademark(notified by the TM, a registered Trademark has the R in a circle marking).

In fact, if you go through your products, you'd be surprised how often these AREN'T registered trademarks with the USPTO.

The name Hasbro itself, however, DOES have a registered Trademark symbol.
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339282)
Posted by Rated X on January 27th, 2012 @ 8:29pm CST
metalformer wrote:*Sigh*
Somebody should make custom stickers for these packages (ala ReproLabel) to "correct" these "injustices" and restore its G1 Glory!


Reprolabels for a box ??? Are you serious ??? (no offense)

I already got a nice place in my closet picked out for Runabout’s box. And yes I said “Runabout”.

It’s s**t like this that proves just how stupid copyrights really are under certain circumstances. Hasbro doesn’t even own the rights to the names of characters they created ??? WTF ??? There should be a law that a copyright has to be renewed every 5 years or it expires and is free for the taking. This would keep the names belonging to legitimate businesses and not copyright hoarders who buy rights when a franchise is about to go bankrupt. Does anyone know where the owner of the name “Runabout” is right now ??? He might be living under a highway sipping a bottle of cheap booze…
Re: TFCC 2012 Exclusive Over-Run Revealed (1339307)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on January 27th, 2012 @ 9:05pm CST
Rated X wrote:
metalformer wrote:*Sigh*
Somebody should make custom stickers for these packages (ala ReproLabel) to "correct" these "injustices" and restore its G1 Glory!


Reprolabels for a box ??? Are you serious ??? (no offense)

I already got a nice place in my closet picked out for Runabout’s box. And yes I said “Runabout”.

It’s s**t like this that proves just how stupid copyrights really are under certain circumstances. Hasbro doesn’t even own the rights to the names of characters they created ??? WTF ??? There should be a law that a copyright has to be renewed every 5 years or it expires and is free for the taking. This would keep the names belonging to legitimate businesses and not copyright hoarders who buy rights when a franchise is about to go bankrupt. Does anyone know where the owner of the name “Runabout” is right now ??? He might be living under a highway sipping a bottle of cheap booze…


Yeah, copyright for stuff expires after time. Also, runabout seems a too generic name. Now you cant copyright too generic terms... like Jazz, or Ratchet, and Brawl.

So hasbro has to go with an alternative... although, they should have just done "Decepticon Runabout".

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "LG21 Hardhead | Japanese Transformers Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY