TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio

TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio

Thursday, February 28th, 2013 11:45am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,970

Just a quick reminder that if want to receive this year's TFCC membership incentive figure, Depth Charge, for free you will need to have an active membership prior to the March 16th deadline. Additionally the official Transformers facebook page has shared the figure's File Card, which includes his bio. Check out the file card mirrored below. Click here purchase your TFCC membership.

The deadline to join the OFFICIAL Transformers Collectors' Club and receive the FREE 2013 Membership Incentive Figure is almost here! Join by March 16th and you will receive six issues of the TCC Magazine, exclusive offers/discounts on Transformers toys/events and the FREE 2013 Figure DEPTHCHARGE. Check out your exclusive first look at the File Card for Depthcharge and then JOIN THE TCC TODAY! https://www.toyarama.com/store/transfor ... ansformers

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2013 figure revealed -- DEPTH CHARGE

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook Page

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 28th, 2013 12:15pm CST

Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467949)
Posted by Henry921 on February 28th, 2013 @ 11:53am CST
Not sure I'd give him a '10' for his intelligence stat, based on his appearances in the Beast Wars cartoon. Rest of it looks fine.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467950)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 28th, 2013 @ 11:59am CST
I wonder who those Maximal deserters could be? :-? Also, since we're talking Pre-BW here, would it be plausible that the overall story takes place in different Universes and in different time periods within those Universes? 8-}

And I want one!
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467951)
Posted by darkshadow on February 28th, 2013 @ 12:00pm CST
Is that an autobot symbol on his chest? :???:
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467953)
Posted by Mkall on February 28th, 2013 @ 12:01pm CST
A Maximal Judge Dredd, kind of what I suspected.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467961)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 28th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CST
I've been looking forward to this to add to the Botcon Beast Wars lineup. I thought that one year's set was really solid all around. Seemed like there weren't any duds.

I think they've finally found a stride with the club toys. I think starting off with a five-year exclusive of all-original characters was hard to swallow (Heatwave and crew)... but my excitement picked up with Nightbeat, Punch, Dion, SG characters, Ramjet, and the twins. SideBurn looked really nice, too. Seems like they've really dipped into the lore and chosen some great characters with solid comic book development... fan support... or like Dion, obscure BUT important in the scheme of history.

So bottom line, I think they're picking good additions now — characters that enhance existing sets or lines, which is smart. I hope they can also work in an occasional, clever original character occasionally, still. (Perhaps as a Botcon add-on or such.) Those would need to be really solid, and look very nice though.

I kinda think of Treadshot from Botcon last year like this. Just a great looking, out of left field toy... or Slipstream. (though not completely original, at least the first figure for that character.)
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467978)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CST
Oh, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Image Image Image Image Image

He's not BW cartoon Depth Charge! He's some alternate universe variant!Image Image Image Image Image
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467982)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 28th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CST
*Stashes bio card under foam tray... and puts Depthcharge with Botcon set*
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467983)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 28th, 2013 @ 2:49pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Image Image Image Image Image

Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467985)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2013 @ 3:00pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:*Stashes bio card under foam tray... and puts Depthcharge with Botcon set*
:APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN: ;)^

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:He's still part of a Primax universal stream, which houses G1, BW and Wings. It could be possible this one hails from a stream in which the Beast Wars have yet to happen, similar to the more recent introduction of the Magnaboss trio, Grimlock and Ultra Mammoth.
Yeah, but I really wanted Fun Pub to make him be the cartoon version like the 2006 toys were. :-(

Yes, I know I can repurpose him myself, but I like sticking to canon. :HEADHURTS:
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467995)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 28th, 2013 @ 3:17pm CST
Yeah, I know FunPub has to deal with Hasbro and Takara/Tomy being super-über-mega-corporations. The legal hoops they have to jump through probably interfere with a lot of choices.

I'm sure they are generally urged to put the convention toys in their own alt-universe playpen. I'm chalking this up as one of those moments.

Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1467998)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2013 @ 3:19pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:That said, I wonder what universe they will say Ultra Mammoth resides in? Hmmm. If he's supposed to be in Beast Wars original canon universe, my head will spin.
He's Classicverse Ultra Magnus in a new body on Shatteredverse Prehistoric Earth.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468008)
Posted by STngAR on February 28th, 2013 @ 3:32pm CST
Ahhh yes!! The words bounty hunter and Maximal are pure win in my book.

And I dont care if you read it either.
>:oP

:MAXIMAL:
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468025)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 28th, 2013 @ 4:15pm CST
Someone needs to chart al these alternate universes, and then add a Venn diagram over them for what characters and stories overlap, then post it to the boards.

:-?
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468026)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2013 @ 4:17pm CST
Okay, I was at first upset by the fact that this isn't pre-BW cartoon Depth Charge and is an alternate universe version.

But then I found out he comes from the universe of not-TransTech Blackarachnia and not-TransTech Nightscream, who are indeed the two traitorous Maximals Depth Charge's bio speaks of.

And so, I take back my ill feelings. Well played, Fun Pub, well played. ;)^
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468064)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on February 28th, 2013 @ 6:30pm CST
I think the classics/generations Scourge/sweep mold would have been a better choice of a mold, but that's just me!
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468085)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2013 @ 7:27pm CST
That's a new version of the Maximal symbol. :MAXIMAL:
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468196)
Posted by Henry921 on March 1st, 2013 @ 4:16am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
:APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN: ;)^

I know what you mean. We all repurpose toys (well, those select few among us who actually play with Transformers toys as adult collectors anyway ;) ), but sometimes we want to stick to the canon.

I'm still uncertain about registering. I'm hoping the Club announces new member exclusive figures not under their subscription service. Hopefully some sort of target for ol' Batmanta to hunt... HINT, HINT, FUNPUB.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468241)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 1st, 2013 @ 9:17am CST
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468244)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 1st, 2013 @ 9:23am CST
gothsaurus wrote:I heard the club announce at Botcon last year that the subscription service will take the place of any single club store exclusives. Sorry to bring bad news, Henry921.

But the annual "free" figure will stay if memory serves me right.
Re: TFCC 2013 Membership Incentive Depth Charge File Card with Bio (1468248)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 1st, 2013 @ 9:27am CST
Yup. That's what I remember as well.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition BUMBLEBEE & GRIMLOCK Action Figure Toy Kids" on EBAY
Buy "Optimash Prime Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumble Spud Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "???? Transformers Platinum G1 PERCEPTOR Reissue Intel Ops figure - Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum GRIMLOCK BRUTICUS Misb New Generations Foc" on EBAY