TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat"

TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat"

Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 5:26pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Company News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 34,996

The Official Transformers Club have updated their website with an all new 2 page comic set in their Shattered Glass Universe.

"The Desert Heat" is a prologue to the upcoming Club comic "Eye in the Sky", which is due for release in April, and features this year's Club exclusive figure Heatwave, as he, Starscream, Soundwave and other heroic Decepticons track down Hotrod and his band of evil Autobots.

Also the Club would like to remind you all that only 5 days remain to be eligible to receive this year's free figure Heatwave.

To check out the Transformers Collector's Club comic "The Desert Heat", please click here.

Credit(s): TFCC

Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897071)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 11th, 2009 @ 7:35pm CDT
Soundwave is like, totally awesome dude! Do you like think we'll totally get a repaint of Universe Ironhide, man? Cowabunga.
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897074)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 11th, 2009 @ 7:39pm CDT
So, Soundwave get an Earth body like Universe/Henkei Ironhide/Ratchet and sounds like a mix between Jazz, Blaster, and Cybertron Soundwave? Awkward :P

Anyways, what's with the Mini-Con Dinobots looking normal in the Shattered Glass universe? And why are they on Earth? Do you think Shattered Glass Earth will be kinda like the DC Comics Earth-3?
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897182)
Posted by Primus C-00 on March 12th, 2009 @ 2:06am CDT
"Negatory Dude I just set the thing to blow!"

:P
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897323)
Posted by Blackstreak on March 12th, 2009 @ 12:24pm CDT
The way Soundwave is portrayed seems to be more like Blaster. I wonder if he retains the voice distortion like in the cartoons :-?
Heatwave is sporting an Autobot symbol in vehicle mode and a Decepticon symbol in robot mode. Kind of like Double Dealer :P
Pretty cool huh?
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897330)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 12th, 2009 @ 12:30pm CDT
I kinda like how Heatwave speaks to any and all computers/machines. I like that take on his personality. Such a friendly and jovial bot. I wonder what the humans are gonna be like on this SG Earth?

After this storyline is done with the club, I hope that they can somehow keep this going on as a side story. I'd love to see more toys from the club with this timeline.
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897357)
Posted by ponycorn on March 12th, 2009 @ 1:32pm CDT
You guys make sure to read up the prose stories that take place before this prologue comic too - especially "Do Over" to get some more background on their situation.

I'm so excited about the club combiner and getting Heatwave this year. I bought up the previous years I'd missed with my club renewal this year. I'm more excited about the shattered-verse and this club figure than I have been about this years botcon set.
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897372)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 12th, 2009 @ 1:59pm CDT

I half read Do Over. So I still need to finish it. Might just do that when I get home. I did read the other two already and like em a lot. Oh, and I did kinda skip ahead during my read of Do Over and read about them crashin on earth. So I kinda cheated. :o
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897414)
Posted by ponycorn on March 12th, 2009 @ 3:16pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:LOL, I just made a plea to FP to continue the SG line and stories if possible. I love this timeline so much. It's just nice to have something completely different from all the other TF lines.

I'm right there with you Prime Evil. I can't get enough of theSG universe, and the best part of it, is that it works so perfectly for the TF Club stories, as by the nature of a reverse world, it will never risk conflicting with the cannon of the main multiverse.

Ha! I just realized the Cold Slither GIJoe fan nod! Perfect.

In other news, Heatwave is a gorgeous looking toy. He can't arrive at my door soon enough. Even though I have Energon Barricade, I still am dreaming for this guy.
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897820)
Posted by Infokiller on March 13th, 2009 @ 2:27pm CDT
Re: TFCC Prologue Comic: "The Desert Heat" (897832)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm CDT
Infokiller wrote:Soo.. i thought SG soundwave was the WHITE musiclabel toy... is this ironhide redeco supposed to be white or blue.. the shades kinda blurr to me. and i wonder how fast some ones going to repaint a junk IH, though a bandanna is a must...

Oh, he was the white music label toy, before they crash landed on earth. That's why you saw him offline, before Heatwave helped bring him back up.

And yeah, if anyone is gonna be kitbashing this guy from Uni Ironhide, the bandana is a definitly must. I don't think he would be SG Soundwave without it. :p

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Autobot Heroes Platinum Edition Transformers Ultra Magnus Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BUMBLEBEE Action Figure POWER PUNCH Age of Extinction Deluxe NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Aoe High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Thunderhoof Figure Blue McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIDESWIPE ROTF Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Class 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sideswipe Autobot Deluxe 2008 Revenge of the Fallen ROTF" on EBAY