TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold

TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold

Sunday, May 15th, 2011 11:39pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,574

A couple of quick updates from TFcon 2011:

TFcon 2011 registration goes online Monday, May 16th at 10am. You can pre-register online for TFcon 2011 via this link. Preregistration will run until July 16th at 12pm.

The TFcon 2011 exclusive is Stronghold, produced by Head Robots. Designed for the Universe Onslaught mold and cross compatible with Generation 1 Headmasters, Stronghold will be limited to 700 pieces. This is a high-quality upgrade kit that contains a transforming head with ball joints and clear blue eyepiece, two photon rifles, one assault cannon, and a backpack. The backpack features many mounting points so the guns can be configured in many ways. This exclusive will come with a bonus set of Reprolabels that will transform your old action figure into an all new character for your collection.

Credit(s): TFcon

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 15th, 2011 11:47pm CDT

Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222855)
Posted by Blurrz on May 15th, 2011 @ 11:47pm CDT
Certainly an upgrade from incrappable toys from last year..
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222862)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on May 16th, 2011 @ 12:18am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Certainly an upgrade from incrappable toys from last year..
lol still waiting for that PoS to arrive in my PoL on BBTS. keeps getting delayed for some reason... I'm not even looking forward to it.
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222864)
Posted by Blurrz on May 16th, 2011 @ 12:26am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Certainly an upgrade from incrappable toys from last year..

Keep ole' nightie in the box.

Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222867)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on May 16th, 2011 @ 12:36am CDT
Blurrz wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Certainly an upgrade from incrappable toys from last year..

Keep ole' nightie in the box.

lol for sure, i have that one and medic,wheels come off constantly, chest doesn't lock, both crappy. the one to get is the one sold by iGear, and i know, they're not your favorites, but its so much better. looking forward to the nightbird they're selling, have it ordered
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222869)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 16th, 2011 @ 12:39am CDT
Are they actually asking $100 for that in the non-attending set?
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222870)
Posted by Blurrz on May 16th, 2011 @ 12:40am CDT

Counterpunch wrote:Are they actually asking $100 for that in the non-attending set?

And this is why I'm in your life, right?

Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222890)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on May 16th, 2011 @ 1:57am CDT
Blurrz wrote:If I could rewind my purchases, I'd certainly pick up i-Gears. I have nothing against their original products, it's some of the KOs that are a bit tricky for me to appreciate. To each their own I suppose. But yeah, I'm not surprised IT hasn't made anything since. They've just straight up took their purchases and ran. The HeadRobots is a bit of a step down from the D.I.A. Commander back in '09, but hey, not too many things will top that.

And this is why I'm in your life, right?

are you saying i can get it without attending?!? Rad (its been brought back)

P.s. Loving you as the host of Twincast.

P.s.s I need a new zinger from you to put in my sig
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222897)
Posted by Robimus on May 16th, 2011 @ 3:09am CDT
Simon Furman and the Stronghold Exclusive equals awesome to me. Can't wait for the Con.
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222938)
Posted by Down_Shift on May 16th, 2011 @ 6:39am CDT
I think you guys will like the set this year. I'll be going again this year, it's always been well done in the past and like others I've made many friends there over the years.

There's one tinsy thing they are leaving out of their announcement just yet from what I hear, but if it's true then it's sure to get everyone on board this year!
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1222965)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 16th, 2011 @ 8:07am CDT
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223033)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 16th, 2011 @ 10:34am CDT
I really want the exclusive but am in the Southern USA. If anyone is going and might be able to pick up or part with a head robot, shoot me a PM. They're selling a non-attending package, but it's $110... but the figure is around $40 if you attend.
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223130)
Posted by craggy on May 16th, 2011 @ 1:09pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:Looks like I'm gonna have to hit up one of my Cannuck hook ups! Looking forward to Fort Max!! Whooo! Love head robots stuff and like the fact that we get an additional surprise.

Fort Max? Is that who Stronghold is (the head certainly suggested this, but I have to imagine it's going to take a bunch of Reprolabels and still won't look right) ?

Still, I'd rather HeadRobots just put out their Voyager Bludgeon head first.
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223168)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 16th, 2011 @ 1:59pm CDT
craggy wrote:

Still, I'd rather HeadRobots just put out their Voyager Bludgeon head first.

I'm just glad that the 3rd party product this year is a Headrobots figure. I hated last year's figure with a passion. I'm looking forward to having this on my US Onslaught, and I liked the head when it was done for Hardhead and I think this will be pretty bad ass for "Stronghold".

And my TFCon figure is now secured!! ;)
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223674)
Posted by HotRod2005 on May 17th, 2011 @ 7:55am CDT
TFcon pre-registration is now online

Looking forward to this year's show! Stronghold looks cool.

EDIT, looks like the link was already posted, but I missed it. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this year's show. I've been every year since 2004.
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223698)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 17th, 2011 @ 8:30am CDT
Just yesterday TFCon unveiled "Stronghold", an exclusive deco of HeadRobots Hothead. Today, TFCon upped the ante by revealing some of Stronghold's backstory:

TFcon 2011 registration goes is now online. You can pre-register online for TFcon 2011 via this link. Preregistration will run until July 16th at 12pm.

In command of a lost band of Transformers from before the Great War, Stronghold must now deal with the likes of an escapee war criminal in the form of Zarak. Armed with his Master Cannon and double blasters, this leader of the fabled Head Robots is a force to be reckoned with now that he holds the plans to the mysterious project Maximus...

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformer's news source!
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223711)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 17th, 2011 @ 8:51am CDT
Now that some details have been clarified regarding Stronghold I've ordered the non-attendee package. I'm gonna convert my Onslaught into Stronghold and re-integrate him into my displayed TFs.
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223797)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 17th, 2011 @ 11:10am CDT
I'm definitely interested in Stronghold but did HR just drop a hint on a possible future product? Project Maximus.... =P~
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223841)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 17th, 2011 @ 12:12pm CDT
Who wants to help me get a Stronghold?
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223843)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 17th, 2011 @ 12:17pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Who wants to help me get a Stronghold?

And possible me :).
Re: TFcon 2011 Registration Update and Exclusive Revealed: Head Robots Stronghold (1223958)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on May 17th, 2011 @ 2:43pm CDT
oooh, possible hint dropping for upcoming stuff?
project magnus did it say?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY