TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version

TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version

Friday, February 12th, 2010 4:20am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 18,580

For those of you lucky enough to own a Henkei Crystal Convoy, or perhaps another translucent figure, you may find this set to your liking. If you don't own such a figure, then maybe you'll like it anyways.

TFCToys, makers of the Gear of War set and the Gear of War 2 set, which feature a wide variety of weapons and accessories for many Transformers, have released images of their latest set: TFC-005C - Gear of War 2 - Crystal Version, which is all the accessories in the Gear of War 2 package, but translucent instead. See pictures below. We apologize to TFCToys that their proper watermark was blotted out and would happily update/replace them when we can find the right images.

Credit(s): Venksta

Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046409)
Posted by Mkall on February 12th, 2010 @ 4:21am CST
I don't know whether to be thankful of not that I don't have one of these Crystal Convoy figs. I'd have to get a trailer from one company and a weapon set from another.

Thankfully I can pass on this.
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046410)
Posted by Blurrz on February 12th, 2010 @ 4:25am CST
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046415)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 12th, 2010 @ 6:03am CST
Blurrz wrote:Thankfully I don't suffer from crystal Transformers syndrome like the rest of you. 8-}

You will, in time. Crystal Convoy, awesome! Clear guns? Not awesome. I'm just not feelin' it. Of course I didn't pick up the normal set either. Was it worth it?
:BOT:
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046423)
Posted by morphobots on February 12th, 2010 @ 6:41am CST
Flux Convoy wrote:

:BOT:

Personally, I loved it. Very surprised when I actually received it and looked it over because BBTS's pics were sort of fuzzy. The gun meant for the Alternity Prime fits very well in my Powermaster Prime's hands with the LED attachment on it. Immediately went to buy a second one and they were already sold out. :-(
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046430)
Posted by Forgotten on February 12th, 2010 @ 7:17am CST
This set surprised the hell out of me, I thought that since the Gears Of War 2 set was just simply leaps and bounds in the field of 3rd party armorments(trust me it's a great set.) that a Crystal version would be outstanding. BUT they are completely transparent from what I can tell from pics, they should have done them in a transcluscent render or perphaps use maybe transcluscent black, blue, & grey(smoke) instead of all clear. This really isn't going to match up all that well with figs or show off the amount of detail(and these weapons do have some nice detail, the molds are well notched with vents/muzzle guards/etc.) Hope they ditch the see through and go another direction with it, then FP needs to do a Crystal Commander for Crystal Convoy, and then we need a Ghost Coronation set for Ghost Screamer & then a black dead Screamer, and......I've overloaded my brain now. :CON: :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046431)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 12th, 2010 @ 7:20am CST
Stupid.

Really, just...stupid.
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046443)
Posted by courtdevil on February 12th, 2010 @ 8:10am CST
Looks like a set of cool shite!
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046452)
Posted by dragons on February 12th, 2010 @ 9:05am CST
in the last picture where room is dark prime & guns look like lightbulb.

all i have i classics ghost starscream i dont plan on getting any more that little guy was expensive for me but worth it no more after that, but if i did have clear prime i wouldnt get this set black gun set looks better than this i understand they decide to make this for clear convoy but everything else clear for leader prime gun, to fansprojects city commander it stands out.

very nice looking thanks for sharing
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046612)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 12th, 2010 @ 7:24pm CST
I'm with CP on this. This is pretty pointless. Are there really that many crystal Convoys around that there's a market for clear trailers and guns?
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1046767)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 13th, 2010 @ 4:10pm CST

You're not the only one. They seem... pointless to me. And I mean really pointless.
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1049101)
Posted by PowerEncarnate on February 20th, 2010 @ 9:03am CST
I personally want the crystal convoy if i can find it and I agree that FP needs to do a crystal commander for it. but I'm iffy on the clear weapon set. It could be fixed with some translucent paints but that would be tricky to do and at the price it would suck to botch the job. Don"t get me wrong the LEDs look very cool in the dark but the weapons need some color. As far trailers go I want a commander and G3 for each of my prime/convoy molds so yeah there is a market for them. I don't care for the best toys trailer though, It also doesn't look right.
Re: TFCToys Gear of War 2 Set - Crystal Version (1049184)
Posted by Editor on February 20th, 2010 @ 3:12pm CST
Personally I like the set and bought it so Animated Prime could have a decent gun, but the crystal version makes little sense to me.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW-IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY