TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render

TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render

Wednesday, September 11th, 2013 2:24pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,968

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The official Transformers Collectors' Club has tweeted out a render of the new IDW inspired head that will be featured on the TFSS 2.0 Rewind figure. As you can see the in the image mirrored below, the head comes complete with his tiny camera.

Transformers News: Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class figure revealed

Credit(s): TFCC


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1517180)
Posted by G1 Legacy on September 11th, 2013 @ 4:58pm CDT
This just in! TFCC has announced that they've reached an agreement with Toys'R Us regarding two of their TFSS molds. Coming late January/early Febuary keep your eyes peeled for an exclusive two pack Chromedome & Rewind repaint with a Cybertronian themed Valentines day card and Mini comic detailing the pairs trip to Hydrus Four. No Action Master bodies for these studs...just fried logic sensors resulting in a torrid love affair. :x :HEADHURTS:

*And if you believe any of this I also have some realestate near New Orleans I'd love to sell you. :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1517181)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 11th, 2013 @ 5:03pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:This just in! TFCC has announced that they've reached an agreement with Toys'R Us regarding two of their TFSS molds. Coming late January/early Febuary keep your eyes peeled for an exclusive two pack Chromedome & Rewind repaint with a Cybertronian themed Valentines day card and Mini comic detailing the pairs trip to Hydrus Four. No Action Master bodies for these studs...just fried logic sensors resulting in a torrid love affair. :x :HEADHURTS:

*And if you believe any of this I also have some realestate near New Orleans I'd love to sell you. :KREMZEEK:

Why fried logic sensors?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1517182)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 11th, 2013 @ 5:19pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:This just in! TFCC has announced that they've reached an agreement with Toys'R Us regarding two of their TFSS molds. Coming late January/early Febuary keep your eyes peeled for an exclusive two pack Chromedome & Rewind repaint with a Cybertronian themed Valentines day card and Mini comic detailing the pairs trip to Hydrus Four. No Action Master bodies for these studs...just fried logic sensors resulting in a torrid love affair. :x :HEADHURTS:

*And if you believe any of this I also have some realestate near New Orleans I'd love to sell you. :KREMZEEK:

Why fried logic sensors?


I know right, if they're two loving consenting Transformers, who's to say fried logic sensors are to fault Image
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1517183)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 11th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:This just in! TFCC has announced that they've reached an agreement with Toys'R Us regarding two of their TFSS molds. Coming late January/early Febuary keep your eyes peeled for an exclusive two pack Chromedome & Rewind repaint with a Cybertronian themed Valentines day card and Mini comic detailing the pairs trip to Hydrus Four. No Action Master bodies for these studs...just fried logic sensors resulting in a torrid love affair. :x :HEADHURTS:

*And if you believe any of this I also have some realestate near New Orleans I'd love to sell you. :KREMZEEK:

Why fried logic sensors?


I know right, if they're two loving consenting Transformers, who's to say fried logic sensors are to fault Image

They're not even gay, in the idw verse Transformers are genderless.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1517184)
Posted by G1 Legacy on September 11th, 2013 @ 5:32pm CDT
"Why fried logic sensors?"

Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).

Don't overanalyze, it was intended as a poke at Mike, Jon, and the guys regarding the beating of a dead horse in the recent podcast. No political statement here, just S&G's. Emphasis on the "S".

Ejects head sculpt? Cool, like the camera/scanner mount. Won't be picking up this mold on the secondary market...don't like the alt mode.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1517189)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on September 11th, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).


Here I thought romances and relationships were to give theses characters, you know, character >:oP
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1517200)
Posted by F Prime on September 11th, 2013 @ 7:42pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).


Here I thought romances and relationships were to give theses characters, you know, character >:oP


Yup. If Transformers were only allowed to go on about right/wrong and good/evil I would probably stop reading. I appreciate the character development.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1517213)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 11th, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
G1 Legacy wrote:"Why fried logic sensors?"

Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).

Don't overanalyze, it was intended as a poke at Mike, Jon, and the guys regarding the beating of a dead horse in the recent podcast. No political statement here, just S&G's. Emphasis on the "S".

Ejects head sculpt? Cool, like the camera/scanner mount. Won't be picking up this mold on the secondary market...don't like the alt mode.

i got the joke from the beginning............shame on those who try to turn anything into a pointless politcal debate!
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549707)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on February 11th, 2014 @ 9:35am CST
Via the Transformers Collectors’ Club Twitter page this morning, we were treated to an “80s Rewind:” an image of the Rewind figure, in addition to a picture of TFSS 2.0 Rewind alongside G1 Ramhorn and Steeljaw. Take a look at the images below and click on over to the Energon Pub to share what you think. Rewind will be part of the upcoming Transformers Collectors' Club's Subscription Service 2.0 and will be arriving to subscribers later this year.

Image

Image
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549710)
Posted by Seibertron on February 11th, 2014 @ 9:49am CST
It looks good except for the black plastic and gold paint being inverted on his chest. Is there a reason why the chest's cassette hole spots (I don't know what else to call them) are black instead of gold?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549713)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 11th, 2014 @ 10:01am CST
So are we to assume this Rewind is going to be one of the subscription figures?
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549715)
Posted by Seibertron on February 11th, 2014 @ 10:04am CST
bump
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549716)
Posted by Seibertron on February 11th, 2014 @ 10:08am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:So are we to assume this Rewind is going to be one of the subscription figures?


I merged the new topic with an existing topic and updated the title of the news story to reflect that this is a TFSS 2.0 figure from the Club.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549725)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 11th, 2014 @ 10:37am CST
Seibertron wrote:It looks good except for the black plastic and gold paint being inverted on his chest. Is there a reason why the chest's cassette hole spots (I don't know what else to call them) are black instead of gold?
In an attempt to better resemble the chest design of G1 Rewind rather than those of G1 Rumble/Frenzy, probably:

Image

They can't remold more than one part on the figure, so with head being new, they couldn't remold the chest and so had to make do with it this way.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549726)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 11th, 2014 @ 10:39am CST
Seibertron wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:So are we to assume this Rewind is going to be one of the subscription figures?


I merged the new topic with an existing topic and updated the title of the news story to reflect that this is a TFSS 2.0 figure from the Club.


D'oh! #-o I totally forgot this was revealed previously.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549732)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 11th, 2014 @ 11:09am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:It looks good except for the black plastic and gold paint being inverted on his chest. Is there a reason why the chest's cassette hole spots (I don't know what else to call them) are black instead of gold?
In an attempt to better resemble the chest design of G1 Rewind rather than those of G1 Rumble/Frenzy, probably:

Image

They can't remold more than one part on the figure, so with head being new, they couldn't remold the chest and so had to make do with it this way.
Yeah, it's a little bit better in being different from Frumbly, but not really more accurate since there was no way to get any new diagonal details on it. Not saying FunPub didn't do their best here, just that it'd be interesting to see Reprolabels take a crack at it.

So, we still taking bets on who the mystery repaint of this will be? I'm guessing Rosanna, since the camera could also be interpreted as a head-mic, and if you count SG Ravage as repurposable into Glit, she's the only one of the Kiss Players cassette trio who hasn't yet gotten any sort of second toy.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549733)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 11th, 2014 @ 11:12am CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:Yeah, it's a little bit better in being different from Frumbly, but not really more accurate since there was no way to get any new diagonal details on it. Not saying FunPub didn't do their best here, just that it'd be interesting to see Reprolabels take a crack at it.
For me, the Club making this be an alternate universe version of the IDW G1 character, instead of the main universe version of IDW G1 character, helps to get around the discrepencies between the comic design and the toy design. :-B

Bumblevivisector wrote:So, we still taking bets on who the mystery repaint of this will be? I'm guessing Rosanna, since the camera could also be interpreted as a head-mic, and if you count SG Ravage as repurposable into Glit, she's the only one of the Kiss Players cassette trio who hasn't yet gotten any sort of second toy.
Honestly, at this point, I expecting either the commonly-speculated Eject or the enigmatic Solarbot.
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549746)
Posted by craggy on February 11th, 2014 @ 12:15pm CST
Bo Selecta!
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549767)
Posted by ScottyP on February 11th, 2014 @ 1:16pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Solarbot.


If it's all clear yellow with just some other detail like the ehobby cassette, sign me up! He could even hold El Duque's AOE Prime Sword :lol:
Re: TFSS 2.0 Rewind Head Render (1549858)
Posted by Naked Magnus on February 11th, 2014 @ 6:30pm CST
I like the mold and own United Ravage and Frenzy, but this seems kind'a stupid because Rewind and Eject did not have pile drivers. I think the pile driver gimmick on the mold works very well, but it is not a good fit for Blaster's little dudes.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6in Figure IN HAND!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY