TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store

Transformers News: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store

Thursday, August 29th, 2013 5:02PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 22,718

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Transformers Collectors' Club sent out an email letting members know that a couple new items are available in the club store. One of those items happens to be Slipstream who was the 2nd figure to ship in the subscription service. She is listed at $69.00 and shipping. Get her now because she wont last long. You can view the listing here. Still on the fence? Check out our extensive Slipstream gallery.

Re: TFSS Figure Number 2 Now Arriving
Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store (1514748)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2013 @ 6:08pm CDT
Like the first two, Volume 3 has some gorgeous cover art and featuring a multitude of Classicsverse characters with Breakaway in the foreground. This cover is also another piece of a larger image when combined with all of the volume covers. 8)

And, now more folks have a chance to get Slipstream.
Re: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store (1514759)
Posted by TheCrookedMan on August 29th, 2013 @ 7:42pm CDT
How does FansProject produce an entirely new mold and sell it for ten dollars cheaper (like their Stunticons), while the official fan club sells a new head for ten more?
Re: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store (1514802)
Posted by amd098 on August 30th, 2013 @ 12:09am CDT
TheCrookedMan wrote:How does FansProject produce an entirely new mold and sell it for ten dollars cheaper (like their Stunticons), while the official fan club sells a new head for ten more?


Makes you wonder, because fansproject is a smaller entity and has a smaller profit margin, where as TFCC is getting the figures directly and just ships it to people. Their profit margin is much higher as they don't really have to worry about the manufacturing costs of a figure + new head, whereas FP has to worry about their own costs for production.
Re: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store (1514803)
Posted by Mkall on August 30th, 2013 @ 12:19am CDT
amd098 wrote:
TheCrookedMan wrote:How does FansProject produce an entirely new mold and sell it for ten dollars cheaper (like their Stunticons), while the official fan club sells a new head for ten more?


Makes you wonder, because fansproject is a smaller entity and has a smaller profit margin, where as TFCC is getting the figures directly and just ships it to people. Their profit margin is much higher as they don't really have to worry about the manufacturing costs of a figure + new head, whereas FP has to worry about their own costs for production.

To be fair, FansProject doesn't have to worry about:
--A regularly published magazine
--An office space with utilities, furniture , and Internet
--Employees who require regular salaries, benefits, etc
--Planning, Scheduling and Running Large Conventions
--Online Store
--A website that has be actually updated once in while.
--Other things I'm sure
Re: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store (1514831)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2013 @ 6:36am CDT
In a word, Awesome! 8)

Re: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store (1514850)
Posted by Rated X on August 30th, 2013 @ 9:28am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:In a word, Awesome! 8)



You gotta love how the artists went for a toy accurate classics Cliffjumper with the ugly silver graphics, but drew him with a cartoon accurate head that was never on the toy. That is, unless you support the magic of third parties. Funpub is weird...
Re: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store (1514853)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2013 @ 9:52am CDT
Rated X wrote:You gotta love how the artists went for a toy accurate classics Cliffjumper with the ugly silver graphics, but drew him with a cartoon accurate head that was never on the toy. That is, unless you support the magic of third parties. Funpub is weird...
He originally did have a Bumblebee head in the comic:



But then later, for some unexplained reason, he was suddenly drawn with a more Cliffjumper-esque head and without his silver bits for the remainder of his appearances.



Why? Who knows. But I'm okay with the Cliffjumper head. I think it looks better. :D
Re: TFSS Slipstream Available Now in Club Store (1514855)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 30th, 2013 @ 10:02am CDT
agreed. No Cliffjumper head on the toy was pretty inexcusable, I think. They've had the concept of minibots since 1984.

I'm so glad they're doing a better job PLANNING for repaints and retools. Some, like Grapple, Black Shadow, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, FOC Blaster, Hoist... have been absolute knockouts. A little better planning and they have been able to milk the molds and throw fans a bone like never before. Very pleased with how they've worked these.

Did I mention Springer/Sandstorm?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generation One Autobot Hoist Mib Box - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 36 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Playskool Rescue Bots Bumblebee's Garage playset HTF - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 8 minutes 13 seconds
Dropshot Heavy Load Blades Leo Prime Universe Voyager LOT Transformers Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 10 minutes 40 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINOBOT SLOG ACTION FIGURE TOY - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 15 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Movie 2007 Legends Class Bumblebee MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime Jetwing Equipped Action Figure Japan - Time Remaining: 20 days 18 hours 24 minutes 1 second
Sci-Fi Fantasy DVD Blu-ray LOT Dune Serenity Transformers Sunshine Fifth Element - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 27 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers TItans Return Metalhawk Seige on Cybertron BBTS Exclusive - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 30 minutes 1 second
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test