The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All

The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All

Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 1:55pm CDT

Categories: Site Articles, Editorials
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 47,078

For those who did not watch the show, we will reveal the biggest spoiler of the series before moving on, so you have been warned.

The infamous $50 Walmart exclusive Spoiler Pack had the words "spoilers inside" that referred to the Netflix series we had not seen yet and Hasbro had advised we only open it after watching the Netflix show. Now I see that the advice was sound. Not because it meant that we would spoil ourselves (which is probably what they meant) but because it would only make sense once we watched the show.

In the show, Ultra Magnus dies. It is a rather brutal death at the hands of Megatron and is what makes Jetfire switch sides.

Now that we know this, the toy's deco makes much more sense. For those who do not have the spoiler pack Ultra Magnus, the toy is made up of a lot of grey plastic with colour sprayed on. Many found the deco underwhelming as it didn't really look like battle damage. That's because it is not. It is Ultra Magnus having just been killed and his colour fading, making him become grey, just as Prime did in the original 86 film. Below is an image of the toy and you will see how that interpretation makes far more sense than anything else. The inclusion of rung, along with that pink colour scheme remains unexplained.

Transformers News: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All

Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074633)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 1:56pm CDT
This seems very 2020, first a dead leader OP and now a dead leader UM.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074635)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 2nd, 2020 @ 2:01pm CDT
I wonder if this revelation will make the figure more desirable.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074636)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 2:18pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I wonder if this revelation will make the figure more desirable.

I think so. The figure now means something at least.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074637)
Posted by starrhero on August 2nd, 2020 @ 2:30pm CDT
The inclusion of Rung in the spoiler pack just hit me.

He's the Alpha Trion protocols, or more specifically he's holographic representation of Alpha Trion bumblebee sees with the protocols.

Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074638)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 2nd, 2020 @ 2:31pm CDT
The question becomes what of the second spoiler leader figure?
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074640)
Posted by StaceyK93 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:04pm CDT
I think rung is corrupted from Shockwaves virus and his effect pieces is it spreading
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074642)
Posted by sol magnus on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:15pm CDT
Of course, I think killing Ultra Magnus is the worst thing about the show, but they also killed Skywarp. While Ultra Magnus will live on on my shelf (that's what head canon is for), I just find some of the choices strange. Oddly, not Ultra Magnus so much, but definitely Skywarp.

Anyway, I enjoyed it overall. I did get to make a joke out of the spoiler, though. I knew what it was, but didn't tell.

The next spoiler pack should maybe get a little more credit once it hits.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074643)
Posted by o.supreme on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:20pm CDT
Black Play-Doh still has no purpose
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074645)
Posted by Deadput on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:25pm CDT
Skywarp's death was so off screen I honestly wonder if one of the sequel shows are going to pull some sort of "Ah ha I Skywarp actually survived!" type of deal, maybe one that somehow leads to him getting teleportation powers (I don't think we saw him use them in the show so he might not have them) via Shockwave experiment or some other means.

Probably unlikely but hey the option's open unlike uh...Ultra Magnus he's kinda dead for sure, when his body started glowing I was honestly expecting him to survive or come out in the white Prime body. I think UM's death was executed well, a tad strange to kill him off but they might pull an IDW if needed and have someone else take up the role of Ultra Magnus if Kingdom ends up taking a 1986 route, probably not but anything could happen.

Spoiler Pack Rung represents Alpha Trion and/or the protocols, the AT in the show shares quite a few elements with Siege Rung's design, although now I question why the pack doesn't just contain Alpha Trion directly, maybe budget or they didn't want to be too spoilerish.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074646)
Posted by First-Aid on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:25pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Black Play-Doh still has no purpose

You can make a G1 Dead Optimus with it...
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074650)
Posted by Lore Keeper on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:36pm CDT
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074657)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:47pm CDT
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074659)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:48pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:When I first read the spoiler inside the box, I thought it had to be a red herring. I thought there was no way they'd kill off Ultra Magnus so early into the story because that would be stupid! Boy, do I wish I had been right...

Because big name characters should never die because their big name characters.

There isn't a reason Ultra Magnus should of lived for longer besides "I wanted him to"

It wasn't a stupid random death with no purpose like Moonracer (that was an actual terrible death), it was a death scene with a purpose and it had consequences, this wasn't a random "shock factor" death just for the sake of it.

If there is only a few things the show got right this was one of them, same with Impactor's death.

It's really the only thing that makes sense, as Rung couldn't be anything else that I can think of.[/quote]

I agree. There was actually a set up to that death and consequences to it, it was defnitely an integral part to the story they want to tell and not just there for shock value.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074661)
Posted by Deadput on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:53pm CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Guessing the other spoilers pack is shockwave. Wonder if he’ll come with a stand/tubing to wire up UM’s chest parts.....

Huh that would make some sense

My other two guesses regarding the second pack is either Soundblaster (maybe along with a repainted Impactor as one of his goons) or it might be something regarding Earthrise.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074664)
Posted by Lore Keeper on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:57pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

Huh that would make some sense

Given the name "Giza" on the box, there's a lot of speculation it could be a leader Nemesis Prime from either leader Optimus mold. It could definitely be a spoiler for chapter 2. Personally, I think a Galaxy Upgrade Nemesis Prime would be amazing!
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074667)
Posted by NTESHFT on August 2nd, 2020 @ 4:04pm CDT
I'm glad I got this Ultra Magnus instead of the other. So much for getting an Earthrise version though.
The show was great but why so short?
And poor Moonracer....
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074727)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on August 2nd, 2020 @ 7:59pm CDT
Given that rung in the comics was Primus, and his translucent color scheme, maybe he was meant to represent the alpha trion protocol. Ghost trion? I think though this fully kills the rumors that the next spoiler pack is somehow another ultra Magnus. That and the only other leader toys in the show were shockwave and astrotrain.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074730)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 2nd, 2020 @ 8:14pm CDT
Well considering that the spoiler pack has a direct connection to the events of the show, at least they did in the case of Magnus, we need to figure out who else had a significant change in the show to warrant another variant of their figure to be released.

Personally, event though it has nothing to do with the show, I would love a white and purple version of Astrotrain, I might buy him even with the useless extra crap, especially if it sells at $35 like Magnus did.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074739)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 9:14pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Well considering that the spoiler pack has a direct connection to the events of the show, at least they did in the case of Magnus,

About that, I am surprised people are being very vocal about that still not being the case, more so on Facebook. I fail to see how it's anything but that, especially when the other theory is that this is the worst battle damage paint job we have ever seen. Also, that means there is no spoiler. At least with the "new" interpretation of this toy correlating with the show's events, we do get a sense of this toy being a spoiler of sorts.
Re: The Netflix Transformers Spoiler Pack was a Spoiler After All (2074740)
Posted by StaceyK93 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 9:18pm CDT
I'm probably wrong but my hope for the spoiler pack is mercenary SoundBlaster with Buzzsaw and howlback with a mercenary soldier that's a repainted impactor

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Master Piece Movie Series Mpm-7 Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Robot Figure New 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-6 Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN FORTRESS MAXIMUS INCOMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AUTOBOT SPRINGER War for Cybertron: Siege WFC-S38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return CHROMEDOME and STYLOR LOOSE MINT COMPLETE" on EBAY