This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112

Transformers News: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112

Thursday, April 18th, 2024 7:20AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 47,940

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We got our first look at the upcoming Optimus Prime toy from Transformers One yesterday. While many fans liked the design, the toy’s hollow limbs, lack of paint, browning plastic, and simplicity (especially with those exposed arms in vehicle mode) made fans assume that this was not meant for the Studio Series line. Well turns out it is. This will be this year’s release of Transformers One Optimus Prime in a non gimmick line while all other Prime/Pax toys will be released in the Transformers One mainline, just targeting kids.

His studio series number is 112 and he is a deluxe. The box image also shows a great render.

Transformers News: The TF One Optimus we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179251)
Posted by First-Aid on April 18th, 2024 @ 7:24am CDT
First glance....wow. Great bot mode, nice alt mode.

My only bizarre beef is why he would have a cockpit. There is no need for one when you are driving yourself and can simply alter your body to create space somewhere for a passenger. My personal thought would be that the alt mode would not even really have a "front" as you could literally alter the mode to change direction on a whim by moving your wheels.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179253)
Posted by morganprime on April 18th, 2024 @ 7:40am CDT
Man for SS this looks kinda bad and cheap looking quality.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179254)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on April 18th, 2024 @ 7:45am CDT
First-Aid wrote:My personal thought would be that the alt mode would not even really have a "front" as you could literally alter the mode to change direction on a whim by moving your wheels


Hypothetically we have a terrestrial bias to see a cockpit. All we actually see is a clear section across his chest that faces forward in vehicle mode. We don't know it's function - it could be a scanner or it could even just be aesthetic. Perhaps it is as meaningful as a man's nipples.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179256)
Posted by ThunderThruster on April 18th, 2024 @ 7:47am CDT
Emerje wrote:With so much going on it makes the visible hands on the side of the truck unforgivable.

Emerje

-Kanrabat- wrote:A SS deluxe with visible fists in truck mode.

Eh... >:oP

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Looks decent, I like the aesthetic they are going for, even if I wish it was a little more alien in bot mode.

visible fists are becoming annoying though.


Agreed that the fists really shouldn't be visible on something like this, but lets be honest, aside from dropping the length of his torso and rotating 90°, what the hell do the arms even do for transformation?
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179257)
Posted by Emerje on April 18th, 2024 @ 8:03am CDT
Hiding the hands would have been easy if there was simply a cover built into his leg.

Dr. Caelus wrote:
First-Aid wrote:My personal thought would be that the alt mode would not even really have a "front" as you could literally alter the mode to change direction on a whim by moving your wheels


Hypothetically we have a terrestrial bias to see a cockpit. All we actually see is a clear section across his chest that faces forward in vehicle mode. We don't know it's function - it could be a scanner or it could even just be aesthetic. Perhaps it is as meaningful as a man's nipples.

Judging by the art on the box it's a display case for the Matrix. ;)

Emerje
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179261)
Posted by Overcracker on April 18th, 2024 @ 9:40am CDT
It looks interesting. Not completely different, but at least somewhat more alien.

He reminds me of War Within's robot mode for some reason.

The Truck mode is definitely beefy and armed up. In a better paint scheme it may looks really nice, but that off white yellowed bone gray is just award.

Interesting that he does not appear to have a gun. Just a blue axe, that for some reason reminds me of the one from Animated Cybertronian Optimus Prime.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179265)
Posted by VoltBolt84 on April 18th, 2024 @ 10:09am CDT
Honestly, after seeing the trailer, I get why it looks like this and I'm cool with that.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179267)
Posted by VoltBolt84 on April 18th, 2024 @ 10:13am CDT
My only complaint is that he doesn't have his ion blaster. I miss that.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179270)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2024 @ 11:21am CDT
First-Aid wrote:My only bizarre beef is why he would have a cockpit. There is no need for one when you are driving yourself and can simply alter your body to create space somewhere for a passenger. My personal thought would be that the alt mode would not even really have a "front" as you could literally alter the mode to change direction on a whim by moving your wheels.
Lots of Cybertronian altmodes have cockpits. This has been a thing since G1.

But, if you really, want an in-universe explanation for them, the Aligned backstory first given in the Exodus novel stated that the cockpits were a holdover from an earlier time back when the Quintessons had invaded and conquered Cybertron, during which time the cockpits were used by the Quints as part of their various methods to control and enslave the Cybertronians.

We've heard that the Quints may be the main villains of this movie, so it could be going with that for why their altmodes have cockpits.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179272)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 18th, 2024 @ 11:44am CDT
This looks to be blunt, awful.

TFs have been so good in so many ways for a number of years. When stuff like this is shown and looks like an obvious backslide, I always wonder how long it will be before mainlines get crapped up permanently.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179273)
Posted by First-Aid on April 18th, 2024 @ 11:54am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:This looks to be blunt, awful.

TFs have been so good in so many ways for a number of years. When stuff like this is shown and looks like an obvious backslide, I always wonder how long it will be before mainlines get crapped up permanently.


The backslide makes sense here though as a prequel.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179275)
Posted by Overcracker on April 18th, 2024 @ 12:03pm CDT
Mainline toys look bad.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/trans ... exclusive/

Alpha Trion is a Unicorn wolf thing, and his head has definite Death's head vibes for some reason.

The Bumblebee mask is, I'm pretty sure, just the previous movie mask.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179276)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2024 @ 12:09pm CDT
The Mega Changers for Megatron and Starscream are also reused Titan Changer toys from the Authentics line.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179277)
Posted by Overcracker on April 18th, 2024 @ 12:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The Mega Changers for Megatron and Starscream are also reused Titan Changer toys from the Authentics line.


Yup.

One guess as to what Megatron turns into in this movie. :lol: :lol:
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179278)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2024 @ 12:14pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Mega Changers for Megatron and Starscream are also reused Titan Changer toys from the Authentics line.


Yup.

One guess as to what Megatron turns into in this movie. :lol: :lol:
A football!
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179279)
Posted by Overcracker on April 18th, 2024 @ 12:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Mega Changers for Megatron and Starscream are also reused Titan Changer toys from the Authentics line.


Yup.

One guess as to what Megatron turns into in this movie. :lol: :lol:
A football!


Yup. Definitely a football. no doubt about it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179282)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 18th, 2024 @ 1:14pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Mainline toys look bad.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/trans ... exclusive/

Alpha Trion is a Unicorn wolf thing, and his head has definite Death's head vibes for some reason.


Of note, he can brandish his unicorn horn as some kind of hand held weapon/sex-toy.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179288)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 18th, 2024 @ 1:35pm CDT
I love when Alpha Trion is a beast, and his toy there actually looks good.

I am also oddly engrossed by the Prime mask
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179295)
Posted by bluecatcinema on April 18th, 2024 @ 2:10pm CDT
Not bad. But the CG version rules.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179305)
Posted by Overcracker on April 18th, 2024 @ 3:00pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Mainline toys look bad.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/trans ... exclusive/

Alpha Trion is a Unicorn wolf thing, and his head has definite Death's head vibes for some reason.


Of note, he can brandish his unicorn horn as some kind of hand held weapon/sex-toy.


Not judging alien robot's personal amusement choices here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179323)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 18th, 2024 @ 4:54pm CDT
While I said I liked Prime and ordered it I can't help but feel something seems off. The hollow forearms just look cheap. This reminds me of the Rise of Cobra toy line that felt like a step back from the 25th era of GI Joe due to the lack of holsters. Also, I think there's some way to use the lasers from vehicle mode in robot mode.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179332)
Posted by Emerje on April 18th, 2024 @ 7:06pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Alpha Trion is a Unicorn wolf thing, and his head has definite Death's head vibes for some reason.

It's the same unicron lion alt mode he had in Titans Return.

Image

The Bumblebee mask is, I'm pretty sure, just the previous movie mask.

That Prime mask is definitely an unused one from ROTB, the face plate design is the same as from the movie.

Emerje
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179335)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 18th, 2024 @ 10:20pm CDT
So is TF:One Megatron based on the concept art Megatron toy from studio series or vice versa?
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179337)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2024 @ 10:51pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:So is TF:One Megatron based on the concept art Megatron toy from studio series or vice versa?
Neither. That toy is based on a concept design that was created for a scene deleted from the Bumblebee movie, in which Megatron would have appeared with that design while in the custody of Sector Seven, frozen inside Hoover Dam.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179341)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 19th, 2024 @ 12:25am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So is TF:One Megatron based on the concept art Megatron toy from studio series or vice versa?
Neither. That toy is based on a concept design that was created for a scene deleted from the Bumblebee movie, in which Megatron would have appeared with that design while in the custody of Sector Seven, frozen inside Hoover Dam.
But how? Wasn't the form he had in the 07 movie supposedly his Cybertronian form? And if he was frozen all that time he couldn't have changed.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179342)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 19th, 2024 @ 12:33am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So is TF:One Megatron based on the concept art Megatron toy from studio series or vice versa?
Neither. That toy is based on a concept design that was created for a scene deleted from the Bumblebee movie, in which Megatron would have appeared with that design while in the custody of Sector Seven, frozen inside Hoover Dam.
But how? Wasn't the form he had in the 07 movie supposedly his Cybertronian form? And if he was frozen all that time he couldn't have changed.
The difference in Megatron's design is probably why the scene was cut. After all, they were G1-ing lotsa characters' designs in that movie.

But, if we want to think up a rationale, we could imagine that he arrived on Earth in his BB concept design body (which is also a Cybertronian design, not an Earth one), and that Sector Seven stripped his body of its outer panel components when they reverse-engineered technology from him, leaving him naked and resembling his 07 movie design. We could then say that the flashbacks seen in the first movie that showed him in his 07 movie design when Archibald Witwicky found him were simply retconned.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179355)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2024 @ 7:59am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So is TF:One Megatron based on the concept art Megatron toy from studio series or vice versa?
Neither. That toy is based on a concept design that was created for a scene deleted from the Bumblebee movie, in which Megatron would have appeared with that design while in the custody of Sector Seven, frozen inside Hoover Dam.
But how? Wasn't the form he had in the 07 movie supposedly his Cybertronian form? And if he was frozen all that time he couldn't have changed.


The directors of these films stated that Paramount does not care about establishing continuity among the films. It's basically a free for all and it doesn't matter if it makes no sense.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179357)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2024 @ 8:12am CDT
For those unaware, the Transformers One Toyline will also be split between Studio Series and its own main line and we can see how the toys differ between the lines since we have images of Optimus Prime from both lines. Interestingly enough, due to the deco, several fans are preferring the mainline deluxe version (called Prime Changers) than the Studio Series deluxe. The mainline deluxe is also $5 cheaper. You can see them below. We also see Alpha Trion who has a very similar deco to Botcon's Alpha Trizer, which itself was based on the cancelled Botcon Alpha Trion, making this toy come full circle. You can compare this deluxe to the original cancelled Botcon Alpha Trion deluxe as well.

The Studio Series toy is already available for preorder at collectible online retailers, like Entertainment Earth for instance https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... me/hsg0221

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES DELUXE TRANSFORMERS ONE 112 OPTIMUS PRIME
(HASBRO | Ages 8 and Up | Approx. Retail Price: $24.99| Available: Summer 2024)

Bring the epic action of the TRANSFORMERS movies from the big screen into your collection with the TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Deluxe Class Optimus Prime action figure! Inspired by the TRANSFORMERS ONE film, this 4.5-inch action figure features classic conversion between robot and Cybertronian truck modes in 25 steps. Comes with 2 shoulder pipes, a dual-barrel blaster, and Energon Axe accessories that can attach in both modes.

Pose the Optimus Prime toy with the removable backdrop to recreate the Metropolis of Iacon scene. Look for more TRANSFORMERS Studio Series collectible figures to build a movie-inspired collection (each sold separately, subject to availability). Available for pre-order now on Amazon.com and participating retailers.

TRANSFORMERS ONE 2 IN 1 OPTIMUS PRIME ORION PAX MASK ACTION FIGURE
(HASBRO | Ages 6 and Up | Approx. Retail Price: $34.99| Available: Summer 2024)

Experience the epic origins of legendary TRANSFORMERS robots with this Optimus Prime (Orion Pax) 2-in-1 Converting Mask! Inspired by the iconic character from the TRANSFORMERS ONE movie, this 9.9-inch figure features 2-in-1 play and converts from robot mode to a wearable mask in 18 steps. Includes 2 accessories that attach in robot mode. Kids can wear the mask and imagine themselves in awesome adventures in the TRANSFORMERS universe.

TRANSFORMERS ONE is the untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, once friends bonded like brothers, who changed the fate of Cybertron forever.

Look for more TRANSFORMERS toys (each sold separately, subject to availability) to build your collection. Available Summer 2024 at most major retailers.

TRANSFORMERS ONE 2 IN 1 BUMBLEBEE (B-127) MASK ACTION FIGURE
(HASBRO | Ages 6 and Up | Approx. Retail Price: $34.99| Available: Summer 2024)

Experience the epic origins of legendary TRANSFORMERS robots with the BumbleBee (B-127) 2-in-1 Converting Mask! Inspired by the iconic character from the TRANSFORMERS ONE movie, this 9.8-inch figure converts from robot mode to a wearable mask in 15 steps. Kids can wear the mask and imagine themselves in awesome adventures in the TRANSFORMERS universe.

TRANSFORMERS ONE is the untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, once friends bonded like brothers, who changed the fate of Cybertron forever.

Look for more TRANSFORMERS toys (each sold separately, subject to availability) to build your collection. Available Summer 2024 at most major retailers.

TRANSFORMERS ONE MEGA CHANGERS
(HASBRO | Ages 6 and Up | Approx. Retail Price: $14.99 | Available: Summer 2024)

Experience the epic origins of legendary TRANSFORMERS robots with these Mega Changer action figures! Inspired by the iconic characters from the TRANSFORMERS ONE movie, these 11-inch figures feature 2-in-1 play and convert from robot to alt mode in a few steps, with simple conversion perfect for TRANSFORMERS fans ages 6 and up. Stage larger-than-life battles from the movie with other big TRANSFORMERS toys like this one! (each sold separately, subject to availability). The TRANSFORMERS ONE MEGA CHANGERS assortment includes the following products (each sold separately): Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Starscream.

TRANSFORMERS ONE is the untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, once friends bonded like brothers, who changed the fate of Cybertron forever.

Look for more TRANSFORMERS toys (each sold separately, subject to availability) to build your collection. Available Summer 2024 at most major retailers.

TRANSFORMERS ONE PRIME CHANGERS
(HASBRO | Ages 6 and Up | Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 | Available: Summer 2024)

Experience the epic origins of legendary TRANSFORMERS robots with these Prime Changer action figures! Inspired by the iconic characters from the TRANSFORMERS ONE movie, these 5-inch figures feature 2-in-1 play and convert from robot to alt mode in a few steps, with simple conversion perfect for TRANSFORMERS fans ages 6 and up. The TRANSFORMERS ONE PRIME CHANGERS assortment includes the following products (each sold separately): Optimus Prime and Alpha Trion.

TRANSFORMERS ONE is the untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, once friends bonded like brothers, who changed the fate of Cybertron forever.
Look for more TRANSFORMERS toys (each sold separately, subject to availability) to build your collection. Available Summer 2024 at most major retailers.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179358)
Posted by Crosscheck on April 19th, 2024 @ 8:16am CDT
I love that the main line Orion Pax can hide his arms better than the Studio Series version. #-o
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179362)
Posted by Perceptor1996 on April 19th, 2024 @ 8:44am CDT
So do both Primes have a blast effect peg on the top of the axe & does that mean it's also a gun?
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179367)
Posted by ThunderThruster on April 19th, 2024 @ 11:04am CDT
Crosscheck wrote:I love that the main line Orion Pax can hide his arms better than the Studio Series version. #-o

The fact that it actually folds his hands away is a plus.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179369)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 19th, 2024 @ 11:44am CDT
Why is MPM Brawl here in the TF One toy thread?
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179379)
Posted by First-Aid on April 19th, 2024 @ 12:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Why is MPM Brawl here in the TF One toy thread?


Are you gonna argue with him? Dude looks badass...
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179388)
Posted by bluecatcinema on April 19th, 2024 @ 2:52pm CDT
Gotta say, I prefer the mainline Orion/Optimus.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179395)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 19th, 2024 @ 5:00pm CDT
Well that Optimus look nice, but the SS look nicer. As for Alpha Trion, he's fine.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179399)
Posted by Emerje on April 19th, 2024 @ 6:59pm CDT
Perceptor1996 wrote:So do both Primes have a blast effect peg on the top of the axe & does that mean it's also a gun?

He'll probably be able to fire blasts out of it. What's strange is the SS figure treats it like a normal energy axe that covers his whole hand, but the main line figure has it apparently projecting from his palm complete with painted finger details (that I'll be very impressed if they paint on the final figure).

Emerje
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179418)
Posted by Overcracker on April 20th, 2024 @ 3:31pm CDT
Quick video review of SS-112 TFOne Prime.

Seems the yellow tan plastic is not quite as as yellowey tan in reality. Transformation is very interesting,

Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179419)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 20th, 2024 @ 3:46pm CDT
Thank God for the subtitles! :lol:

Seriously, this Optimus look fun.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179429)
Posted by Quantum Surge on April 20th, 2024 @ 7:57pm CDT
I don't have interest in this movie but I'd get the SS Deluxe Optimus and Prime Changers Alpha Trion
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179435)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on April 21st, 2024 @ 9:38am CDT
It might be nothing, just me looking too much into it, but man does Alpha Trion’s head sure look like Unicron’s.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179437)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2024 @ 10:43am CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:It might be nothing, just me looking too much into it, but man does Alpha Trion’s head sure look like Unicron’s.
In the trailer, I thought he looked like Galvatron.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179441)
Posted by william-james88 on April 21st, 2024 @ 11:26am CDT
While Hasbro has released some press info stating that plastic windows are coming back to their action figure lines, they are not coming to the Transformers line this year. We have an image of the upcoming Transformers One toys in their packaging and they all have open windows, as we've had for the Rise of the Beasts toyline. If you are wondering when the plastic windows would come back, it would be in 2025.

We know this from an answer given by Ben MacCrae of Hasbro, who confirmed this to the crowd at Wondercon. We have a video below showing you this, you can go wo the 40 minute mark. He says this is for the Studio Series line, so it is unknown if all Transformers lines will be getting plastic windows back next year.

Speaking of videos, we also have a video of the transformation for the upcoming Studio Series Transformers One Optimus Prime. We thank Overcracker for letting us know of it.

Image





Overcracker wrote:Quick video review of SS-112 TFOne Prime.

Seems the yellow tan plastic is not quite as as yellowey tan in reality. Transformation is very interesting.

Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179449)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 21st, 2024 @ 2:38pm CDT
Ok, call me crazy but I have a theory. From the trailer we know that the characters under go a physical change when they get their T-Cogs,they get their alt-mode kibble. Parts on Orion Pax match up with parts on the Optimus Prime toys we've seen. Now we know that Pax doesn't become Prime until he gets the Matrix so I think all the toys will use the Optimus Prime name since only we few, we noble few, know who Orion Pax is.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179450)
Posted by Emerje on April 21st, 2024 @ 4:12pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Ok, call me crazy but I have a theory. From the trailer we know that the characters under go a physical change when they get their T-Cogs,they get their alt-mode kibble. Parts on Orion Pax match up with parts on the Optimus Prime toys we've seen. Now we know that Pax doesn't become Prime until he gets the Matrix so I think all the toys will use the Optimus Prime name since only we few, we noble few, know who Orion Pax is.

Literally says Orion Pax on the front of the Prime Changer box. ;)

Emerje
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179451)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 21st, 2024 @ 4:26pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote: OK, call me crazy but I have a theory. From the trailer, we know that the characters undergo a physical change when they get their T-Cogs, they get their alt-mode kibble. Parts on Orion Pax match up with parts on the Optimus Prime toys we've seen. Now we know that Pax doesn't become Prime until he gets the Matrix so I think all the toys will use the Optimus Prime name since only we few, we noble few, know who Orion Pax is.

Literally says Orion Pax on the front of the Prime Changer box. ;)

Emerje


Correction, it says Orion Pax/Optimus Prime. So Optimus Prime is on the box somewhere.
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179454)
Posted by Emerje on April 21st, 2024 @ 7:02pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote: OK, call me crazy but I have a theory. From the trailer, we know that the characters undergo a physical change when they get their T-Cogs, they get their alt-mode kibble. Parts on Orion Pax match up with parts on the Optimus Prime toys we've seen. Now we know that Pax doesn't become Prime until he gets the Matrix so I think all the toys will use the Optimus Prime name since only we few, we noble few, know who Orion Pax is.

Literally says Orion Pax on the front of the Prime Changer box. ;)

Emerje


Correction, it says Orion Pax/Optimus Prime. So Optimus Prime is on the box somewhere.

My point is they aren't shying away from the name, there will be more figures with the name on it. But is it really that few of us that already know? Aside from the character arc in the G1 cartoon the name has been used in comics, later cartoons, and we've had how many proper Transforming figures now? Six? One even turns into Optimus Prime, it isn't the rare bit of trivia that it was 20 years ago.

Emerje
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179455)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 21st, 2024 @ 7:07pm CDT
Transformers fans online are still less than 10% of transformer fans who are less than 10% of Sci Fi fans who are less than 1% of anyone. The numbers don't lie.

https://media.tenor.com/YIIWYlB8ITEAAAA ... s-dont.gif
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179458)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2024 @ 7:14pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Transformers fans online are still less than 10% of transformer fans who are less than 10% of Sci Fi fans who are less than 1% of anyone. The numbers don't lie.

Image
FTFY
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179459)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 21st, 2024 @ 7:19pm CDT
Alpha Trion just looks nice, I like the old man
Re: The TF One Optimus Toy we saw is Revealed to be Studio Series 112 (2179461)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 21st, 2024 @ 7:20pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Alpha Trion just looks nice, I like the old man


So do I, it looks like a solid toy.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARANTULAS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Predacon Spider Hasbro 2022 New"
TARANTULAS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHROMIA Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHROMIA Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON